Page 8 of 63 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Magic Vs Jets Youth
    18's 2-2
    20's 2-2
    First 3-2 Magic Win
    Great game out at Magic Park, Jets featured Koutroumbis, Moss, Champness, Vujica, Shabow, Kosta Petratos, Cowburn, Thurgate. 2-2 at the half. Perfect football conditions...
    Good win that

Quote Originally Posted by winner View Post
    Who is coach sparky ? I thought Tanch was the coach
    SO DID I?

Quote Originally Posted by Devon Sangas View Post
    CCB dominated the game with possession and plenty of chances, should have been 10-2. Hats off to Kotara though who were definitely up for the match. Kotara should do very well in their league this season.
    CCB looked to be trying different formations and playing youngens as there were a few players missing.
    However, you'd expect Azzurri to punish a team at that level, but as you said trials are trials.
    Buuuuut it wasn’t.
    It was 3-2. And the winner was a soft penalty.

Do they give out 3 points and premierships for ‘should have’s or for actually kicking the ball into the net?
    There can only be one king

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Big dramas at CCB, big dramas
    I’ve heard big signing Ljubo hasn’t been to a single training session yet? Unusual with only 2 weeks till season starts.

Quote Originally Posted by prawnhead View Post
    I’ve heard big signing Ljubo hasn’t been to a single training session yet? Unusual with only 2 weeks till season starts.
    Will Ljubo even end up playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Devon Sangas View Post
    CCB dominated the game with possession and plenty of chances, should have been 10-2. Hats off to Kotara though who were definitely up for the match. Kotara should do very well in their league this season.
    CCB looked to be trying different formations and playing youngens as there were a few players missing.
    However, you'd expect Azzurri to punish a team at that level, but as you said trials are trials.
    Yep trials are trials but it gets to where the team is at with their build up preparation
    We are two weeks out from start of comp, Magic as a comparison played a pretty hot Jets Youth squad, without worrying about the result Magic are playing tougher competition and seem to be further along
    Azzurri are two weeks out, can’t get all players on the pitch, seem to have coaching issues and are playing weak opponents

I know we’re my money’s going

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    Yep trials are trials but it gets to where the team is at with their build up preparation
    We are two weeks out from start of comp, Magic as a comparison played a pretty hot Jets Youth squad, without worrying about the result Magic are playing tougher competition and seem to be further along
    Azzurri are two weeks out, can’t get all players on the pitch, seem to have coaching issues and are playing weak opponents

Can you list their trials and scores so far this pre season ?

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post

hopefully your money is going to CCB
    otherwise no player payments untill october when the 2019 youth are selected

CCB vs Kotara South.

Even the 20's only knocking off the Kotara lads 2-0. Could have been a mix of 20's/18's who knows. Obviously the CCB boys were much quicker/younger/better players all round than the Kotara south team. I would've expected them to put a few more past the Tigers. Game was pretty much what I expected, Tigers chasing shadows for most part of the game. Probably about 5 or 6 of the Kotara boys are genuine 3rd graders.

(1st grade) Heard a few of the CCB boys were moaning about playing a ZPL team. It was not a bad game to watch considering its still only early march. A few of the Kotara boys have played at this level (some years ago). Charlestown dominated for most part of the game. I'm sure Goodchild finished with all 3 goals. Kotara scored 1 pretty well constructed goal and the second goal from the attacker pinching the ball off a defender and a quality cross with a nice tap in. Im sure the CCB players would've walked off thinking it was a good hit out still

Hearing Tanch's frustration on the bench, I wouldn't like to be at their training this week.

Thanks To Charlestown for the late call up, good luck to them for the season

Can you list their trials and scores so far this pre season ?
    Only what’s been reported here,on newy sports or their own Facebook page
    Win against Cooks Hill
    Draw against Adamstown
    Loss to Maitland
    Win against belswans
    Win against Kotara
    All the above is irrelevant, it’s what happens in two weeks that matters
    Just would have expected more in the pre season, so based on pre season if I was having $$ on NPL my money wouldn’t be on Azzurri

Grant Brown to Maitland

Edgy v weston . 3pm at Edgeworth

Thank you. Any scores from Edgey?

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Good win that
    Was at the game and was a very impressive display considering both line ups. Jets youth was pretty much a Jets reserve team and magic missing a couple of key boys but it was great to see Dino Faj get some minutes and do quite well. I really rated Vujica this year, he started the season like a beast but on Sunday he looked a long way from that player. Champness was busy, but the rest of those experienced boys that should be pushing for first team action weren't that impressive. Both of their goals came from really sloppy defending from some young magic boys. There were a few solid challenges throughout the game which was fun to watch too. Good hit out for both sides I thought and one that Magic can take a lot from.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Was at the game and was a very impressive display considering both line ups. Jets youth was pretty much a Jets reserve team and magic missing a couple of key boys but it was great to see Dino Faj get some minutes and do quite well. I really rated Vujica this year, he started the season like a beast but on Sunday he looked a long way from that player. Champness was busy, but the rest of those experienced boys that should be pushing for first team action weren't that impressive. Both of their goals came from really sloppy defending from some young magic boys. There were a few solid challenges throughout the game which was fun to watch too. Good hit out for both sides I thought and one that Magic can take a lot from.
    Isn’t Dino at southy??

Quote Originally Posted by Blueboy View Post
    Grant Brown to Maitland
    Maitland Olympic should do well this year

Quote Originally Posted by hamburgler View Post
    Hahaahaha... Will be a great tussle when Maitland Olympic and Hamilton Mariners clash during Round 7.

I don’t get it?

Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    I don’t get it?
    Coach and a number of players from Olympic now at Maitland
    Last edited by hamburgler; 06-03-2018 at 04:50 PM.

How's Rosebud lookin this year fellas

Coach and a number of players from Olympic now at Maitland
    Only 3