Page 11 of 63 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 National Premier League thread

Maitland 2-0
    Charlestown 1 Olympic 1
    Jaffas 2-1
    Magic 3-0
    Jets 3-0
    Last edited by magician; 14-03-2018 at 11:04 AM.

Olympic 3-2 CCB
    Maitland 4-1 Weston
    Magic 4-0 Lakes
    Lambton 1-2 Edgey
    Jets 3-0 Adamstown

Maitland 3-0
    Charlestown 2-1
    Magic 4-1
    Lambton 1-1
    Jets 3-0

Olympic 2-1
    Maitland 2-0
    Magic 1-0
    Lambton 3-1
    Jets 2-0

Maitland 3 - 0 weston
    Olympic 2 - 2 Charlestown
    Jaffas 1 - 1 Edgey
    Magic 2 - 1 Lakes
    Jets 3 - 0 Rosebuds

Jaffas 4-3
    Adamstown Jets 2-2
    Maitland 2-1

Any match reports ?

Olympic v Azzurri 20s called off

Magic 6 - 0 in extreme conditions at Lake mac.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Well, what’s everyone’s thoughts after round 1

Bloody hot and hard for players, but they all had the same conditions

I saw three games, thx to BAR TV, bloody great coverage

Jaffas v Edgy, watched on Bar, not a bad game, first up, given the heat, certainly seemed tough and end to end, entertaining. Good start for Jaffas and they will win those close games all season I think, just experience they seemed to have Edgy covered
    Edgy, more competitive than I thought they might be, starting 11 is strong, are they lacking depth, time will tell
    Holts coming off bench scoring two crackers certainly helped their cause , but he will be a regular starter once fully fit, probably next week. What is Byrnes doing At Edgy, everything that Zane claimed he doesn’t want at the club. 5 clubs in 5 years, no loyalty and selfish. I suppose you lower your values when you need goals

Lakes v Magic
    Another Bar tv experience for me, looked bloody hot and so did Magic. Just out classed Lakes, far too good.
    Surely Lakes have better to offer than that. Their defence just looked disorganised and worse looked disinterested. No intensity, no interest in winning possession
    Hopefully it was just the heat or 20’s playing, or big night before, if not it’s gonna be a long year

Olympic v Azzurri
    Got to watch this one at ground, what a difference it makes with the atmosphere

Azzurri were good, Goody & Smith looked good, Ferguson was good Lubo, looked a class above and probably is. Certainly a talker, not afraid to give his opinion to anyone, teammates included
    But from an Olympic view, not really that bad, 2nd stage of first half cost them. But plenty of young fellas who should get better as the season goes on.
    Can Azzurri improve much more ?

Thoughts ?
    Last edited by Walker; 19-03-2018 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post

Jaffas v Edgy, watched on Bar, not a bad game, first up, given the heat, certainly seemed tough and end to end, entertaining. Good start for Jaffas and they will win those close games all season I think, just experience they seemed to have Edgy covered
    Edgy, more competitive than I thought they might be, starting 11 is strong, are they lacking depth, time will tell
    Holts coming off bench scoring two crackers certainly helped their cause , but he will be a regular starter once fully fit, probably next week. What is Byrnes doing At Edgy, everything that Zane claimed he doesn’t want at the club. 5 clubs in 5 years, no loyalty and selfish. I suppose you lower your values when you need goals

Lakes v Magic
    Another Bar tv experience for me, looked bloody hot and so did Magic. Just out classed Lakes, far too good.
    Surely Lakes have better to offer than that. Their defence just looked disorganised and worse looked disinterested. No intensity, no interest in winning possession
    Hopefully it was just the heat or 20’s playing, or big night before, if not it’s gonna be a long year

Olympic v Azzurri

Azzurri were good, Goody & Smith looked good, Ferguson was good Lubo, looked a class above and probably is. Certainly a talker, not afraid to give his opinion to anyone, teammates included
    But from an Olympic view, not really that bad, 2nd stage of first half cost them. But plenty of young fellas who should get better as the season goes on.

Thoughts ?

Is it just a coincidence that none of the NPL Heritage cup teams won on the weekend, after the ridicolous set of matches they were made to play a week out from the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontknowmuch View Post
    Is it just a coincidence that none of the NPL Heritage cup teams won on the weekend, after the ridicolous set of matches they were made to play a week out from the season.
    Must say I was thinking along the same lines. In particular the 3 NPL teams that played in the tough group at Weston all lost on the weekend.
    Stupid scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by LongSufferingFan View Post
    Must say I was thinking along the same lines. In particular the 3 NPL teams that played in the tough group at Weston all lost on the weekend.
    Stupid scheduling.
    Yet Wallsend didn't win a game in the heritage cup but they won there first round fixture. So what are you saying?

No one forced those teams to play their first grade team.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post

Lakes v Magic

Olympic v Azzurri

Thoughts ?
    Ljubo class above?? Really. Got absolutely skinned by cooper for the opening goal. Then spent the rest of the match rushing into midfield or upfront and flying into tackles. Hardly a class above

Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    Ljubo class above?? Really. Got absolutely skinned by cooper for the opening goal. Then spent the rest of the match rushing into midfield or upfront and flying into tackles. Hardly a class above
    First goal was all Bertos, his first time ball thru to cooper opened Azzurri up and yes Ljubo came up onto cooper to try and shut him down but damage was done, cooper had space and time, his ball thru for horney was superb and finish was nice but Bertos opened them up

Yes agree Ljubo spent time wandering upfield but I think that’s what he will do, under licence from Tanch

But as I said, best thing from Olympic point of view is that the Olympic young guns will have a lot more improvement in them, Azzurri were full strength

was a good game to watch and a good crowd- Azzurri had a few players who looked very short of a run and out of nick so they may have upside-they also had a strong bench but I still thought Olympic would win easily
    There was a 40 minute period late in first half and early second half where Charlie looked way to good and then they stopped.
    I though first goal was Ljubo error but gee he makes a difference to the side Valo played the week before in the trial
    Last edited by the big V; 20-03-2018 at 09:31 AM.

Looking at Team Sheets that we’re posted on Twitter over the weekend a lot of clubs in multiple grades with Coaches and/or Assistant Coaches that do not hold the appropriate coaching accreditation’s. Has this gone out the window at the Federation? Pity the clubs that actually do the right thing and get their coaches accredited.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Looking at Team Sheets that we’re posted on Twitter over the weekend a lot of clubs in multiple grades with Coaches and/or Assistant Coaches that do not hold the appropriate coaching accreditation’s. Has this gone out the window at the Federation? Pity the clubs that actually do the right thing and get their coaches accredited.
    So you created an account purely to come on here to bring this up, yet you don’t want to name anyone or club. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabaye#4 View Post
    So you created an account purely to come on here to bring this up, yet you don’t want to name anyone or club. Lol.
    This was always going to happen, many good coaches are sitting on the sideline because of these rules, get a ticket, get a job, regardless of your ability to coach

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    This was always going to happen, many good coaches are sitting on the sideline because of these rules, get a ticket, get a job, regardless of your ability to coach
    Identify the football problem --> 1) passing exercise (not drill), 2) positioning game, 3) game training, 4) training game.

It's not rocket science but some times I get the last 2 mixed up