Page 23 of 63 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverBlack View Post
    Would you say Olympic are in all sorts
    First sacking of the season anyone? Valo or OOLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYMMMMMMPIC

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    First sacking of the season anyone? Valo or OOLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYMMMMMMPIC
    Could all come down to this weekend Alton.
    If Valentine beat Weston and Lakes beat Olympic which are both possibilities it would mean Olympic would be coming LAST. Can you hear the knives starting to sharpen ?

Could all come down to this weekend Alton.
    If Valentine beat Weston and Lakes beat Olympic which are both possibilities it would mean Olympic would be coming LAST. Can you hear the knives starting to sharpen ?
    Guinno is a quality coach and has the results at both NPL level and in developing young players. Given a bit of time he will turn Olympic around. They might not finish in top half of table this year but I’m hearing the Olympic committee agreed from the start of his appointment that they were happy to take a longer development perspective. They have quality junior teams and coaches which they will see the benefit from over the next few years. I think Olympic are going through a bit of short term pain now but will reap the rewards a little bit down the track.

Quote Originally Posted by prawnhead View Post
    Guinno is a quality coach and has the results at both NPL level and in developing young players. Given a bit of time he will turn Olympic around. They might not finish in top half of table this year but I’m hearing the Olympic committee agreed from the start of his appointment that they were happy to take a longer development perspective. They have quality junior teams and coaches which they will see the benefit from over the next few years. I think Olympic are going through a bit of short term pain now but will reap the rewards a little bit down the track.
    He has a great record over the last 18 months.
    One win in 12 games at Adamstown and jumped ship 6 months into a 3 year contract to join a " bigger " club.
    Moved onto Olympic who have been perennial finalist for the last 20 odd years. Moved on a lot of senior players , just like he did at Adamstown. Signed plenty of former Jets or Mariners youth players , just like he did Adamstown.
    And now has one win in 6 games at Olympic and they sit in 10th place. How long do you think Hamilton will be happy with sitting at the opposite end of the table compared to what they are use to.
    How long will this rebuild take ?

Piggo my tip for first sacking
    Got to have a B replacement who is keen to drive to Weston- might just save him

Quote Originally Posted by the big V View Post
    Piggo my tip for first sacking
    Got to have a B replacement who is keen to drive to Weston- might just save him
    What about Sills , is he under pressure Big V or is it a developmental year at Valentine. Although he did over achieve with his squad last season in my opinion

What about Sills , is he under pressure Big V or is it a developmental year at Valentine. Although he did over achieve with his squad last season in my opinion
    Agree Sill has to be in trouble
    Yes last year his squad “over achieved” but they had A reasonable squad, what I question is his ability to maintain a squad
    Ok he lost the Americans but also Minors , now he has lost Gardner
    A club with the financial ability of Valentine should be able to attract quality players, but maybe the problem is with coaching staff ?
    Just putting it out there, why can’t Valo attract players

As for McGuinness I think he will survive, long term plans, I’ve heard of a few players that have been approached for next year, most are youngish but are quality and in line with the plans

Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post

As for McGuinness I think he will survive, long term plans, I’ve heard of a few players that have been approached for next year, most are youngish but are quality and in line with the plans
    Experience/senior players beat youthful players in this comp everyday of the week

Wink

Yeah look I know it looks ugly but with an ounce of luck we beat Maitland and really should have beaten Olympic. Even on Saturday both goals by Magic were great finishes. Good draw with Jaffas as well thrown in there
    Only ugly game was lakes- and it was real ugly but every coach deserves a chance.
    I also reckon having the bye first round is a huge disadvantage as you just lose all momentum from trials

Dan Minors got promised the world by Magic and didn't leave on good terms and still not sure why Aden G packed it in to go up the HWY but both came to play so at least we are attracting some guys- just got to keep them now or keep developing kids through juniors
    I would also love to see a top shelf player come in and lead the club around- like most of the better clubs now have

Big question mark is who replaces any coach under pressure at the moment as they need the licence etc

We will win this weekend by 3 and that will help and remember we did touch up Charlie 5 1 in a trial and we have them the following week so it could be 2 from our next 2 and all the pressure is off

Quote Originally Posted by prawnhead View Post
    "Longer development perspective"? Please are you serious? They want to win at all times, they cannot be happy ATM

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    "Longer development perspective"? Please are you serious? They want to win at all times, they cannot be happy ATM
    I agree. Other than a recognised striker they have a pretty good squad.

I don't think M Bolch is complaining at this very moment. He got sacked at Olympic for a pretty decent job most would say. Unlucky not to win a title or two while at an Olympic, he just ran into a good Edgeworth side. Bolch has had to bring in players albeit some from Olympic, though some have pointed out they weren't wanted by the club anyway.

So one might say Maitland are doing pretty well with some Olympic rejects? I also think Maitland are short of an out and out striker too.

Mcguiness's reputation is up on a high peddle stool, when do we start to say he has massively underachieved over the past 2 years?

Quote Originally Posted by immersion View Post

I don't think M Bolch is complaining at this very moment. He got sacked at Olympic for a pretty decent job most would say. Unlucky not to win a title or two while at an Olympic, he just ran into a good Edgeworth side. Bolch has had to bring in players albeit some from Olympic, though some have pointed out they weren't wanted by the club anyway.

So one might say Maitland are doing pretty well with some Olympic rejects? I also think Maitland are short of an out and out striker too.

Mcguiness's reputation is up on a high peddle stool, when do we start to say he has massively underachieved over the past 2 years?
    Ok Immersion , i will say it. He has massively underachieved in the last 2 years.
    However I think he can still turn it around this year

Quote Originally Posted by immersion View Post

Haha. Peddle stool?

Quote Originally Posted by Speedymetric View Post
    Haha. Peddle stool?
    Yeah, wasn't sure if he was taking the piss or just didn't know any better.

Another Olympic player has left. Make that 31players.
    Who is next to get off the sinking ship?

Quote Originally Posted by Blueboy View Post
    Another Olympic player has left. Make that 31players.
    Who is next to get off the sinking ship?
    Who has jumped overboard now

Who has jumped overboard now
    Luke Valone according to nthe Herald, going to Adamstown

Quote Originally Posted by Blueboy View Post
    Luke Valone according to nthe Herald, going to Adamstown
    Have heard Bailey also on the move

Josh Rose to Central Coast Edgeworth Eagles.

Have heard Bailey also on the move
    was pretty confident we had him but then Magic weighed in. Last I heard he stayed at Olympic in the end after numerous meetings with other clubs so he must have got talked around I guess.
    Not nearly as many moves as first thought with Jaffas and Edgy the big winners