Page 42 of 63 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    Thanks fortnight
    Got a few more

Writing is on the wall.
    All over red rover.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    The Adamstown player made the claim and his club has has taken it further, Pretty much irrelevant what most think on here eh ?. Surley none could so thin skinned to allow a few opinions on here rile em. People will form a opinion based on there interpretation of what they are seeing. Me thinks the vision don't look good for Ox and just using your logic how may times in a weekend would we see players claim somebody hacked on them just to get them sent off, Could we say doubtful ?.

Wouldn't want to be Northern's shoes about now however, If they go down the road of not accepting the footage time and time again to cut out low life grub acts in back play they will certainly leave themselves open to harsh criticism. At some point regardless of how evidence is obtained if it is damning and i repeat " if " then subsequent penalties should be imposed for indiscretions, Particularly off the ball stuff which is more often than not the grubbiest of acts.

But not being a part time on call replacement at best HAL player i am willing to concede i know SFA.
    Surely if the 2 Adamstown players say they witnessed it and they made a report straight to referee that would be enough evidence without the footage to prove guilt. Although the footage cant be used you would think that Oxborrow and the club would show some integrity in admitting his guilt or at least put up a reasonable excuse for his actions as seen on the vision, which I believe would be impossible. Its without doubt it happened so he and the club needs to take the punishement and move on and accept he will always have the grub tag with him. If he denies it regardless of the outcome he will be a lying grub.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontknowmuch View Post
    Surely if the 2 Adamstown players say they witnessed it and they made a report straight to referee that would be enough evidence without the footage to prove guilt. Although the footage cant be used you would think that Oxborrow and the club would show some integrity in admitting his guilt or at least put up a reasonable excuse for his actions as seen on the vision, which I believe would be impossible. Its without doubt it happened so he and the club needs to take the punishement and move on and accept he will always have the grub tag with him. If he denies it regardless of the outcome he will be a lying grub.
    Sentence handed down Thursday according to the herald conveniently after FFA Cup match. Could potentially be 5 weeks. If so Magic gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Sentence handed down Thursday according to the herald conveniently after FFA Cup match. Could potentially be 5 weeks. If so Magic gone.
    It doesn't say 5 weeks. It says it's 5 weeks if it's dealt with on the field by the ref.
    i.e if the ref gave him a red card for spitting he would getan automatic 5 weeks.
    The ref didn't see it or act . So now it's one players word against the other as northern have stated many times that they won't use bartv footage.
    Oxborrow won't admit he did it and Magic will not drop their star player.
    Case closed

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverBlack View Post
    It doesn't say 5 weeks. It says it's 5 weeks if it's dealt with on the field by the ref.
    i.e if the ref gave him a red card for spitting he would getan automatic 5 weeks.
    The ref didn't see it or act . So now it's one players word against the other as northern have stated many times that they won't use bartv footage.
    Oxborrow won't admit he did it and Magic will not drop their star player.
    Case closed
    Spot on

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    That’s why Northern have to act because the club won’t if it was a fringe first grader they may have but not their marquee player. Northern have said they won’t use video to judge on foul play this is not that and the video evidence is damning. This is a big big test for Nisbet at Northern and his brother-in-law Foteff at Magic. Just looked up the FFA regulations and the minimum sanction is 5 matches + a mandatory match.
    Just a quick note to the moderators. There is a pretty clear cut case of reputations being impuned with regards to the above statement. I think most lay people would consider that the reference to brother in law is in fact a slur on either or both individuals.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by terryk View Post
    Just a quick note to the moderators. There is a pretty clear cut case of reputations being impuned with regards to the above statement. I think most lay people would consider that the reference to brother in law is in fact a slur on either or both individuals.
    Wouldnt it be a slur if the poster was making remarks about the 2 gentlemen after a decision had been made??

So far no decision yet

All the poster had done so far was mention an existing relationship between people whom would have different competing objectives on the matter

I not reading anything there as a Slur on anyone

Really ?, I reckon but certainly not speaking for Johno but i would think he is getting at the " potential " for a conflict of interest. We here claims like these all day long in society do we not. Not a week goes by where we we don't hear the Govt of the day make reference to Brendan O'Connor and his brother Michael and use terms like conflict of interest. Just my thoughts but i am the first to admit i am no legal beagle by any stretch.

Perhaps if Johno was to go back and edit post to include " potential " then that may alleviate any concerns eh ?.
    Last edited by 380; 25-07-2018 at 11:21 PM.

Any news on Spittlegate

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverBlack View Post
    Any news on Spittlegate
    Got told by a someone close to the Magic club that there is a hearing scheduled for next week?

I think it would be an issue if they weren't brother-in-laws. But if they are, isn't that just stating a fact? Note: I personally don't know if they are or not.

Johnno hasn't passed judgement on them being brother-in-laws, he's just stated that both of them have a big test on their hands.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I think it would be an issue if they weren't brother-in-laws. But if they are, isn't that just stating a fact? Note: I personally don't know if they are or not.

Johnno hasn't passed judgement on them being brother-in-laws, he's just stated that both of them have a big test on their hands.
    Would have loved to see the young guy give Oxborrow a clip around those Mad Magazine ears on the field and then leave it at that...

Quote Originally Posted by Rappin' Ronnie Reagan View Post
    Would have loved to see the young guy give Oxborrow a clip around those Mad Magazine ears on the field and then leave it at that...
    Smart move, then he would have been gone for several weeks and Oxborrow would have got nothing....

Edgeworth finished all over Maitland at end of the game and unlucky not to get all 3 points.

Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    Smart move, then he would have been gone for several weeks and Oxborrow would have got nothing....
    Very true indeed. If Ox did spit a clip around the ear is nowhere near sufficient. Spitting on a opponent is f*&^#ng dog act from somebody with no idea. Pissweak human being does not even come close.

Ljubo retired.

Another wheel falling off. In allsorts

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Another wheel falling off. In allsorts
    I don't think NNSWF need a call on relegation, some clubs will sort it out for them.

Are they not brother-in-laws? If so that's just stating a fact

Has anyone heard how Ox the Llama went at his hearing tonight