Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 NEW FM League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    They can never be promoted playing there
    Plus it runs almost east / west

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Plus it runs almost east / west
    Only good for night games

Two 8-Team NPLs is NNSW’s goal for 2020, always has been. Why drag it out any longer than it has been already.

3 unfortunate current NPL teams to be dropped as I don’t see the Jets Youth going anywhere.

3 NPL teams plus the 5 “best” NewFM teams, as in 5 teams who meet the criteria so if they were promoted to NPL1 there wouldn’t be any issues.

Can you name the 5? I’m struggling.

Cessnock probably have the best bet with their ground being great, all the facilities, have Junior teams and have been successful in their rebuild the last 2 years.

South Cardiff are similar to Cessnock in many regards, so they could be a safe bet.

Cookers, New Lambton and Kahibah, 3 of the biggest clubs in Newcastle all play on glorified junior grounds. They probably have the coaches, committee and money to get to NPL but until they have their ground situations sorted out I don’t see them moving up.

Singo, Thornton, Westy, Wallsend, Belswans and Stags. Various levels of success this year and one notable failure. Some of these clubs have been in around the top level in last 20 or years so it could be hard to see them drop to the ZL.

Could be the end for some, a club like Wallsend who already exist in the structure, what would happen there? Toronto, surely couldn’t justify their huge rego prices and playing out of the Scorps Stadium anymore. Westy already pulled back from the brink a couple years ago, could be the final nail. Barnsley could be about to get a lot stronger.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Parking

the athletic field has 29 designated car parks, along with two disabled parks on an asphalt car park - with additional parking across the road and at Marketown

looking to nearby NPL clubs, Lambton have a patch of dirt, Adamstown have zero but you can park on the hill, Olympic have a patch of dirt

Warm up areas

the athletic field has behind the goals on the southern end, or a corner on the northern end of the track we could fix with some earthworks

East/West

The field is 50 degrees off a north south bearing - it's not an issue if you've ever played there

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    Two 8-Team NPLs is NNSW’s goal for 2020, always has been. Why drag it out any longer than it has been already.

3 unfortunate current NPL teams to be dropped as I don’t see the Jets Youth going anywhere.

3 NPL teams plus the 5 “best” NewFM teams, as in 5 teams who meet the criteria so if they were promoted to NPL1 there wouldn’t be any issues.

Can you name the 5? I’m struggling.

Cessnock probably have the best bet with their ground being great, all the facilities, have Junior teams and have been successful in their rebuild the last 2 years.

South Cardiff are similar to Cessnock in many regards, so they could be a safe bet.

Cookers, New Lambton and Kahibah, 3 of the biggest clubs in Newcastle all play on glorified junior grounds. They probably have the coaches, committee and money to get to NPL but until they have their ground situations sorted out I don’t see them moving up.

Singo, Thornton, Westy, Wallsend, Belswans and Stags. Various levels of success this year and one notable failure. Some of these clubs have been in around the top level in last 20 or years so it could be hard to see them drop to the ZL.

Could be the end for some, a club like Wallsend who already exist in the structure, what would happen there? Toronto, surely couldn’t justify their huge rego prices and playing out of the Scorps Stadium anymore. Westy already pulled back from the brink a couple years ago, could be the final nail. Barnsley could be about to get a lot stronger.

Id like to see the following:
    NPL - 12 teams - current 10 + top 2 that meet initial criteria from NewFM. you dont want to play the same team 3 times.
    NPL2 - 12 teams - a merger of ZPL and NewFM. No criteria.

Move to u18s / reserves / first grade.

from here, the winner of NPL2 has a playoff game vs last place in NPL. The winner is in NPL the following year. The only criteria they then have to meet is a fenced off ground. If not, no relegation / promotion that year.
    Last edited by KSSFC; 15-08-2018 at 05:23 PM.

Jeez Boz, one might think you are affiliated with Cooks Hill. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    Parking

the athletic field has 29 designated car parks, along with two disabled parks on an asphalt car park - with additional parking across the road and at Marketown

looking to nearby NPL clubs, Lambton have a patch of dirt, Adamstown have zero but you can park on the hill, Olympic have a patch of dirt

Warm up areas

the athletic field has behind the goals on the southern end, or a corner on the northern end of the track we could fix with some earthworks

East/West

The field is 50 degrees off a north south bearing - it's not an issue if you've ever played there
    You failed to mention Cooks Hill's patch of dirt, the pitch.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    I've never made it a secret - bit hard to really

and we are more aware of the issues with the playing surface, no one is hiding from that fact either

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Aside from being linked to a junior club, wasn't the reason Phoenix moved to Belmont because the athletics track was no good and they couldn't get onto No1?
    Weren't Phoenix at Number 1 at least the last few years of their existence? I only ever remember playing them there.
    OK

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    Parking

Warm up areas

East/West

What are you defining as Car Parking though??

Because Most NPL clubs parking is on the streets surrounding the ground
    Some clubs allow vehicles onto the hills but some dont

So if your calling that parking then your drawing a long long bow

Most clubs would be lucky to have a car park that they were not drawing a long bow to claim it as a car park

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    What are you defining as Car Parking though??

Because Most NPL clubs parking is on the streets surrounding the ground
    Some clubs allow vehicles onto the hills but some dont

So if your calling that parking then your drawing a long long bow

Most clubs would be lucky to have a car park that they were not drawing a long bow to claim it as a car park
    Math days that would probably be just for match and club officials anyway. Maybe a few spots for some cocky 1st graders too? lol

On another subject, since when were NNSWF clubs asked to pay for match officials in a semi series?
    I don't remember it any years from 2015 and we've had teams in them every one of those 4 NewFM years.

It’s always a bit of a touchy and passionate subject. Which is the great thing about football.
    FR, you know how much effort, time and patience is involved in operating a NPL/New FM club and how difficult it can be to get anything to happen. And it’s a big credit to anybody who is giving up their time being involved with a club.

I think the future needs to be promotion relegation across all competitions.
    No exclusive NPL license periods. Clubs should be able to apply every year as they start to meet criteria. Standardised criteria from ZL3 to NPL. Eg, teams/aged teams that clubs must be able to field, ground specifications etc. and club x that currently play in ZL3 will be able to be granted a license to play up to NEWFM or ZL1 as their facilities meet that standard. But they still need the results.
    One change I would like to see, is the ability for clubs to avoid relegation if their youth teams are performing well. The problem with promotion/relegation is that the focus is often on short term success and brining in players for $$$ and neglecting juniors/youth teams. If a team doesn’t come last on club championship, they should be saved or play a playoff game, some kind of second chance, as an incentive to continue to promote and develop youth.

An interesting thing I’ve somewhat realised and the reality of football now is that there is very little loyalty.
    There was a time, if a club got relegated, players would stick around and mount a challenge to get the club promoted again.
    Eg CCB players took a year or 2 off from CCB and played elsewhere and when promotion was back, they went back to NEWFM and helped them get back up.
    You don’t see that much now. Players want to play highest level. No matter what clubs are promoted or play where, the best players will always find a club to play for. The clubs are left disbanded and struggling in their new division and need to basically reformat the club and start again. Happens in the EPL and championship and will happen here in local football.
    It’s sad to see the likes of South Cardiff, Toronto, West Wallsend etc in the position they are in now due to players leaving once they were relegated and the effects of the 3 year NPL license.

A question for the future? Do you want club sustainability as a focus? And creating a competitive competition? Or do you want the focus on development and mandated age restrictions etc. No reason it can’t be both. But the best young players should be picked up by Jets and developed there. And idk, if you ain’t making the jets team to be top 20 players in your age group, you’re probably not likely to make it higher than NPL anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    It’s always a bit of a touchy and passionate subject. Which is the great thing about football.
    FR, you know how much effort, time and patience is involved in operating a NPL/New FM club and how difficult it can be to get anything to happen. And it’s a big credit to anybody who is giving up their time being involved with a club.

I think the future needs to be promotion relegation across all competitions.
    No exclusive NPL license periods. Clubs should be able to apply every year as they start to meet criteria. Standardised criteria from ZL3 to NPL. Eg, teams/aged teams that clubs must be able to field, ground specifications etc. and club x that currently play in ZL3 will be able to be granted a license to play up to NEWFM or ZL1 as their facilities meet that standard. But they still need the results.
    One change I would like to see, is the ability for clubs to avoid relegation if their youth teams are performing well. The problem with promotion/relegation is that the focus is often on short term success and brining in players for $$$ and neglecting juniors/youth teams. If a team doesn’t come last on club championship, they should be saved or play a playoff game, some kind of second chance, as an incentive to continue to promote and develop youth.

An interesting thing I’ve somewhat realised and the reality of football now is that there is very little loyalty.
    There was a time, if a club got relegated, players would stick around and mount a challenge to get the club promoted again.
    Eg CCB players took a year or 2 off from CCB and played elsewhere and when promotion was back, they went back to NEWFM and helped them get back up.
    You don’t see that much now. Players want to play highest level. No matter what clubs are promoted or play where, the best players will always find a club to play for. The clubs are left disbanded and struggling in their new division and need to basically reformat the club and start again. Happens in the EPL and championship and will happen here in local football.
    It’s sad to see the likes of South Cardiff, Toronto, West Wallsend etc in the position they are in now due to players leaving once they were relegated and the effects of the 3 year NPL license.

A question for the future? Do you want club sustainability as a focus? And creating a competitive competition? Or do you want the focus on development and mandated age restrictions etc. No reason it can’t be both. But the best young players should be picked up by Jets and developed there. And idk, if you ain’t making the jets team to be top 20 players in your age group, you’re probably not likely to make it higher than NPL anyway.
    One thing I disagree with is your spotlight on youth, re promotion/relegation, this makes youth development a win at all costs scenario and will push development aside

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    One thing I disagree with is your spotlight on youth, re promotion/relegation, this makes youth development a win at all costs scenario and will push development aside
    That’s a good point.
    I’m not sure how else they could reward youth investment. I guess the points benefits are good even though the rest of it turns into a joke.

Pro/Rel based on club championship? Thoughts?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    Pro/Rel based on club championship? Thoughts?
    Happens in the NSWPL

Smurfs Yoof would have been relegated based on their First Grade efforts normally

But have dominant 20s and 18s which got them up the rankings to safety

Bonnyrigg went down after poor results across all 3 grades

I think bring it in here

I prefer the idea on pro/rel being based on dominant CLUBS, not a dominant TEAM.
    So I agree that I'd like to see it up here

I prefer the idea on pro/rel being based on dominant CLUBS, not a dominant TEAM.
    So I agree that I'd like to see it up here
    FNSW are about to change back to just basing on 1st grade only from next year.

Any ideas on what the feedback was leading to the reverse back to 1st grade only?

Any ideas on what the feedback was leading to the reverse back to 1st grade only?
    The powerful clubs Influenced FNSW to change it. Watch those clubs now go on a massive spending spree in the off-season. I think it should be across all grades in now competitions with minimal waiting applied to youth grades.