Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 NEW FM League thread

Not sure solely club championship is the way to go. For reasons FR suggested, it puts a lot of pressure on unpaid 16-20 year olds.
    I think the responsibility should come down to the paid senior players at the club.

Then, once a team finishes last, if they are last in club championship, see ya. Otherwise Give the youth a chance to save them in way of a playoff game against the team last in club championship, or a playoff with the promoted team if they aren’t top of club championship.

Generally speaking, it takes some extenuating circumstances to have club championship to reflect anything other than the first grade table. But if it is different, there’s grounds to challenge who it’s better to relegate

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    No exclusive NPL license periods.
    Maybe but this would put all focus on the 1st team with big $$ and ignore youth structure which has just been restructured. Need the youth to have some input.

How about who ever goes up has 2 years immunity then back to a yearly basis. Imagine a relegation playoff, spare no ankles boys.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Not sure solely club championship is the way to go. For reasons FR suggested, it puts a lot of pressure on unpaid 16-20 year olds.
    I think the responsibility should come down to the paid senior players at the club.

Then, once a team finishes last, if they are last in club championship, see ya. Otherwise Give the youth a chance to save them in way of a playoff game against the team last in club championship, or a playoff with the promoted team if they aren’t top of club championship.

Generally speaking, it takes some extenuating circumstances to have club championship to reflect anything other than the first grade table. But if it is different, there’s grounds to challenge who it’s better to relegate
    I dont see how it puts pressure on the 18s and 20s to save a clubs arse
    If anything it actually puts pressure on the comittee of a club to actually have a holistic approach to the 3 grades

There are clubs out there ie Jaffas who for the last few years have had as red hot first grade side but have made very minimal efforts in the lower grades. This season they have been better but for thge last few years pretty abysmal

If it getting to mid August and a club is relying on their 18s to get a result to bail the club out of the shit then really do they deserve to be staying up??

Probably not in my opinion

If anything I would like to see a bit more volatility to things
    2 up 2 down I think be a much better system

Let clubs move up and down grades quicker

Well run clubs need to be able to progress . Poor run clubs need to be relegated

The current system is a joke and is a lot like the HAL a needless closed shop that is breeding mediocrity

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    I dont see how it puts pressure on the 18s and 20s to save a clubs arse
    If anything it actually puts pressure on the comittee of a club to actually have a holistic approach to the 3 grades

There are clubs out there ie Jaffas who for the last few years have had as red hot first grade side but have made very minimal efforts in the lower grades. This season they have been better but for thge last few years pretty abysmal

If it getting to mid August and a club is relying on their 18s to get a result to bail the club out of the shit then really do they deserve to be staying up??

Probably not in my opinion

If anything I would like to see a bit more volatility to things
    2 up 2 down I think be a much better system

Let clubs move up and down grades quicker

Well run clubs need to be able to progress . Poor run clubs need to be relegated

The current system is a joke and is a lot like the HAL a needless closed shop that is breeding mediocrity
    Agree with what you are saying member except your point on Jaffas 18s and 20s.

If 20s lose today they finish last and 18s are close to last. Not exactly setting the world on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by hamburgler View Post
    Agree with what you are saying member except your point on Jaffas 18s and 20s.

If 20s lose today they finish last and 18s are close to last. Not exactly setting the world on fire.
    Agree on both fronts and you can throw Maitland in the mix. There youth grades are terrible and always finish down the bottom. There 20s are OK but forget the rest below that.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Semi final first leg score:

Belmont/Swansea 1 Cooks Hill 1

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Agree on both fronts and you can throw Maitland in the mix. There youth grades are terrible and always finish down the bottom. There 20s are OK but forget the rest below that.
    Just OK and won the comp?

Newysports facebook page has said Toronto 19s had to forfeit their recent semi final, after the game, because they fielded a suspended player.

One of the comments on the post claims an email trail between NNSW and the club had confirmed all suspended players, and the player in question wasn't included on the suspension list and the club was told after the game he was suspended so then were handed the forfeit.

Some serious questions need to be asked of NNSW if true.

EDIT: there's a comment on there saying someone from the club had misintepreted the NNSW email. This seemingly isn't an issue. Ignore ops:
    Last edited by pv4; 24-08-2018 at 11:09 AM.
    OK

Just on the NPL1 and NPL2 thing...as someone heavily involved in a NEWFM clubs NPL application for 2020, I can tell you that the preferred option is, as stated earlier, 2 comps of 8 teams. However, I have it from someone very senior at NNSW that if the current NEWFM teams can only produce 1 or 2 clubs that meet the criteria and therefore not have enough teams for 2 x 8, they will promote those teams to NPL and go to a 14 team comp (or whatever it works out to be).
    Last edited by Hunter403; 02-09-2018 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Just on the NPL1 and NPL2 thing...as someone heavily involved in a NEWFM clubs NPL application for 2020, I can tell you that the preferred option is, as stated earlier, 2 comps of 8 teams. However, I have it from someone very senior at NNSW that if the current NEWFM teams can only produce 1 or 2 clubs that meet the criteria and therefore not have enough teams for 2 x 8, they will promote those teams to NPL and go to a 14 team comp (or whatever it works out to be).
    Who would the 1 or 2 clubs that meet the criteria be?

“If only 1 or 2 meet criteria”

Not definitely only 2...
    Ideally there would be what? 5 more clubs? 2 x comps of 8.

Quote Originally Posted by travellingman View Post
    Who would the 1 or 2 clubs that meet the criteria be?
    Well Westy used to be in top league and were compliant then so there is one, the other would be Belswans. Some may argue Southy but they are a basket case my good mate (who played there this year) tells me and have done very little the last few years in improving anything.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    so currently 11 clubs in top 2 grades.

2 x 8 club comps would mean 3 npl clubs down to npl1 then 6 npl1 clubs down to ZPL. seems a little thin.

Plus I thought each federation needed a prom/rel league. Having one 14 league npl might not satisfy.

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Well Westy used to be in top league and were compliant then so there is one, the other would be Belswans. Some may argue Southy but they are a basket case my good mate (who played there this year) tells me and have done very little the last few years in improving anything.
    Belswans won't be one as they can't get junior teams. The 14's or 15's couldn't field a team this year and NNSW weren't happy about that.
    If you look at it closely, I don't think any team meets the NPL criteria completely. Maybe they will allow a year or two to meet it if selected.
    If that is the case who do you select?
    A case can be made for the following, in particular order.
    Cessnock, Cookers, New Lambton, Wallsend, Kahibah, Southy, Thornton and even the Swans

Ideally it is going to be NPL1 and 2, each of 8 clubs(16 teams). You can already hear the screams of the current NPL clubs that would be relegated!

Should the current NEWFM comp serve up 5 clubs that make the criteria, then happy days (except for the aforementioned 3 NPL clubs). Should the current licencing programme deliver something less than 5 (one or two was what I was told) then we will have an NPL of 12 to 14 teams. No idea if NEWFM will be expanded or run with less teams.

Clubs that are known or rumoured to have applied from the NEWFM: Kahibah, Cooks Hill, South Cardiff, West Wallsend, Wallsend. Not heard about any others, but if anyone can enlighten me, I would be grateful.

I am also told that the youth grades will not be split into NPL1 and NP2, but rather they will all be in together. This is a good solution. Imagine winning all grades in youth but coming last in first grade and your club gets relegated. All those youth kids might walk rather than drop a grade. No drop means less likely to leave.

In my opinion Northern should do away with the NPL altogether.
    Have 6 clubs 2 each from Newcastle, Lake Macquarie and Hunter Valley join the NSW NPL. The rest then form a Northern Leagues system with promotion and relegation from top to bottom.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Have 6 clubs 2 each from Newcastle, Lake Macquarie and Hunter Valley join the NSW NPL. The rest then form a Northern Leagues system with promotion and relegation from top to bottom.
    If the dumb ****s at FFA had a clue they wpuld actually force Northern and NSW to actually merge

I dont understand how the other states in Oz aint blowing a gasket about NSW getting 2 Federations 2 votes 2 of everything etc

You would think the other 5 states would be pushing for equality at some stage

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Which 2 teams? ww3 would breakout

Maybe have a newcastle "rep" team in the nsw npl. Creates a direct pathway to Sydney or State teams.

Need to keep our comp as strong as possible while keeping a higher pathway open. currently near non existent. Not many nnsw npl players hitting aleague is there?

Quote Originally Posted by traffic light View Post

Maybe have a newcastle "rep" team in the nsw npl. Creates a direct pathway to Sydney or State teams.

Need to keep our comp as strong as possible while keeping a higher pathway open. currently near non existent. Not many nnsw npl players hitting aleague is there?
    That is easy -
    Magic, Olympic, Edgy, CCB, Weston, Maitland

Quote Originally Posted by traffic light View Post

I couldn't give 2 shits which 6 clubs would be selected to be honest, as long as it's the 2 best candidates from their respective region.
    Be it an existing NNSW NPL team and amalgamation of current clubs or a brand new entity. As long as they can be successful on and off the pitch.

The proposed local tiers (Northern Premier Leagues or whatever you want to call it) under the NSW NPL system would still be as strong as it could be. Lets face it, if you direct the best local talent across 6 clubs playing at a higher level (NSW NPL system) it will benefit those in that system. If you aren't good enough to make it in any of those 6 clubs then you're probably not going to make it to the next level then anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!