Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Women's Premier League

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar

2018 Women's Premier League

2018 discussion starts here

Any news on trials or player movements? Early season predictions? New lambton signing ex Matilda’s can only be seen as a positive for the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnswf View Post
    Any news on trials or player movements? Early season predictions? New lambton signing ex Matilda’s can only be seen as a positive for the league.
    FMNC will not be fielding a 1st grade team. The other 3 grades will still play.

https://t.co/iB9lIwxrAG

NNSW pre season wrap up on Football National Radio - good interview with Ben Homer

Very good. I think this is a chance to prove that they are best.

This thread is a bit like the WPL competition no one cares. Hearing a club will be withdrawing from 1st grade this week following in the steps of FMNC. Pretty poor indictment on this not so Premier League competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    This thread is a bit like the WPL competition no one cares. Hearing a club will be withdrawing from 1st grade this week following in the steps of FMNC. Pretty poor indictment on this not so Premier League competition.
    Every club that I have talked with expressed concerns that bringing in New Lambton could cause something like this...

Going to be very interesting if NNSW take any ownership of this or just blame the women footballers and volunteers.

David Elands comments in the paper about wanting to charge the clubs more. (because if some clubs are paying players, we should charge all clubs more..) This will certainly fix the problem...
    Last edited by late_to_the_game; 27-06-2018 at 01:04 AM.

Personally I think we need a player points system for 1st grade. It is not the paying of players but the concentration of talent that is causing the biggest problem.

We also need U20's to become reserve grade - you can still have a requirement like max 7 players over 20, but the "branding" will make a difference.

NNSW State Cup this weekend out at Speers Point. Good chance to compare the WPL 20's against the all age A grade teams, as Football Mid North Coast and Thornton U20's will be competing...
    My money is on the WPL 20's.

At Merewether we had our first game using GPS tracking on the players on the weekend. On a very simple level, distance covered during the game, the numbers are around 7.7km to 10.8km across 1st grade and U20's.
    Apparently in the EPL the typical distances are 9.8 to 11.8km.

Next season we plan to have all 4 teams use the trackers on game day. At the moment only U20's and 1st grade are using them.

Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    At Merewether we had our first game using GPS tracking on the players on the weekend. On a very simple level, distance covered during the game, the numbers are around 7.7km to 10.8km across 1st grade and U20's.

Next season we plan to have all 4 teams use the trackers on game day. At the moment only U20's and 1st grade are using them.
    That's really impressive to hear. Do you know if any of the NPL sides that use them? Will be interesting to see how the players improve. Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post

Great work by the club! Read the article in the herald and thought this was great that one of the WPL clubs was the first to do this. Anything that increases the professionalism is great.

What is the plan for this data?
    Like data shows they run 9km a match. Top speeds?
    Where do you go with the data to try and improve?
    Genuinely curious where the club wants to go with this kind of tracking.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Great work by the club! Read the article in the herald and thought this was great that one of the WPL clubs was the first to do this. Anything that increases the professionalism is great.

What is the plan for this data?
    Like data shows they run 9km a match. Top speeds?
    Where do you go with the data to try and improve?
    Genuinely curious where the club wants to go with this kind of tracking.
    A number of NPL clubs have been using GPS tracking for years. The data is used to record maximum heart rebates of players, top speeds, distance ran and at what rate etc. clubs that I know use this information to improve training schedules and loads and target training for individual players.
    Great to see some positive discussion on this thread.

So far the comparison between 1st grade and 20's teams has been interesting, 1st grade slightly more distance, but also more of the distance at a higher speed (which you would expect).
    Having said that the game me monitored, the 20's won 5-0, first grade won 1-0, so they probably needed to work harder...
    I have not looked at them yet, but we can get heat maps and movement vectors for the game, which I am very interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    A number of NPL clubs have been using GPS tracking for years. The data is used to record maximum heart rebates of players, top speeds, distance ran and at what rate etc. clubs that I know use this information to improve training schedules and loads and target training for individual players.
    Great to see some positive discussion on this thread.
    Johnno, which clubs? I would be interested in talking to them about where they have seen the most benefit.

Heard today that cas wright has been appointed at south Wallsend
    Good luck she will need it , not only to turn around the minus 1000 goals against in all grades but to play on the worst pitch in Nnsw, but the toughest part to fix the thuggery culture
    Hope the $ are worth it , if their is much left to spend

Quote Originally Posted by connery View Post
    Heard today that cas wright has been appointed at south Wallsend
    Good luck she will need it , not only to turn around the minus 1000 goals against in all grades but to play on the worst pitch in Nnsw, but the toughest part to fix the thuggery culture
    Hope the $ are worth it , if their is much left to spend
    For $8K the club would hope they get a good return

Predictions for grandfinal this weekend?

First Grade: Warners Bay 2-1
    20s: Warners Bay 2-0
    17s: Wallsend 6-0
    14s: FMNC 3-1