Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Zone Premier League thread

Great game from Cardiff. Completely outplayed Kotara across the park.
    Huge match from the Kotara keeper, hope he is getting shouted a few beers tonight!

Very unlucky loss for the rams today. Score did not reflect how well they played, unlucky not to get a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Baaaaaaaaaa View Post
    Very unlucky loss for the rams today. Score did not reflect how well they played, unlucky not to get a point.
    A point across 3 games?

Did Mayfield not deserve their 5-0 win?

How did Swansea and Bero end up

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    How did Swansea and Bero end up
    First grade, 6-2 Swansea
    Reserve Grade, 3-2 Swansea
    Third Grade, 3 all

Warners vs Suns
    Thirds 0-2
    Reserves 2-2
    Firsts 2-4

anyone else at mayfield park for their game? 5-0 seems pretty convincing so im not sure if Baaaa is making jokes or not.
    I was watching warners bay, against extremely unlucky not to get any points from Suns, but fair play to suns for putting them away. still dont know how bay arent higher on the table.
    surprised by kotara result but wont talk about them too much because seems like their entire club is on the forum and will get upset if someone says anything negative.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBean View Post
    anyone else at mayfield park for their game? 5-0 seems pretty convincing so im not sure if Baaaa is making jokes or not.
    I was watching warners bay, against extremely unlucky not to get any points from Suns, but fair play to suns for putting them away. still dont know how bay arent higher on the table.
    surprised by kotara result but wont talk about them too much because seems like their entire club is on the forum and will get upset if someone says anything negative.
    no surprise always said we get some players back we will be more competitive then we have been. we should have scored 5, except for the keeper who by a long shot was Kotara's players player....should be a better 2nd round for the real tigers.......

End of season table prediction

1. Suns
    2. Mayfield
    3. Kotara
    4. Dudley

5. Swansea
    6. Cardiff
    7. Warner’s Bay
    8. Jesmond
    9. Beresfield
    10. Barnsley

hope you're right - suns v dudley was a good semi last year, would make for good viewing again. i dont think that will be the final standings though. will be interesting to see if swansea can push suns for a semi spot.

Big three weeks for the Suns who play Mayfield, Dudley and then Kotara. Should have a pretty good indication of how they will finish the season.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Big three weeks for the Suns who play Mayfield, Dudley and then Kotara. Should have a pretty good indication of how they will finish the season.
    No doubt they can score goals. But this season they have really leaked them

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    No doubt they can score goals. But this season they have really leaked them
    Definitely. Aside from the obvious huge loss of Kev Davison to Charlestown we have had no consistency with our defence this year. On the weekend gone we had someone start left back who has played third grade majority of the season due to unavailable players last week. In the back four alone I can count off the top of my head that we have had 9 different players start there in our 10 rounds this season which is never going to be easy with those inconsistencies. Hopefully over the next few weeks we can have some regularity back there and that will help with the number of rubbish goals we have been conceding.
    It's football, not s***er!!

I feel Suns have too much quality after watching them and have heard they have everyone back for all grades for the rest of the season, but I feel like Mayfield’s consistency can help them to the title, Dudley & Kotara to inconsistent and I don’t think Swansea have enough quality for top 4

Any postponements as yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Any postponements as yet?
    Surely no one postponing this weekend, full day of sun and meant to be dry all weekend. Ours way playable last night

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogs 1962 View Post
    Surely no one postponing this weekend, full day of sun and meant to be dry all weekend. Ours way playable last night
    Surely no washouts. Some big games
    Cardiff v Swansea - I think Cardiff will put a dent in Swansea's finals ambitions.
    Jesmond v Kotara - Hard to see anything other than a 9 point day for Kotara
    Suns v Mayfield - Should be a ball tearer. Suns out to prove they can match the top few. Mayfield a chance to flex their muscles and send a statement. I think the Suns might burst the Mayfield bubble
    Dudley v Warners Bay - These are the kind of games Dudley would drop points in the past. If they are serious the can't let it happen. I think Dudley in a tight one
    Bero v Barnsley - Shin pads could be the winner here. This game will be physical and the chatter on the sidelines bloody funny and these are the games Barnsley need to pinch points to survive and I think they will today

Cardiff 2 v Swansea 2 - Cardiff saying they have a few back on board. While Swansea coming off a big win last match. Cant separate them.

Jesmond 0 v Kotara 2 - Kotara way too fast and strong here. They have scored twice in their last 3 games and are undefeated in 5. After 5-0 loss last week Jesmond have lost 3 in a row and look like there not up to the top level teams of this comp.

Suns 2 v Mayfield 3 - Both teams on form. Suns have won 4 in a row and Mayfield 5 out of their last 6 and remain undefeated. Strong attacks as well with Mayfield scoring 12 in their last three games while Suns have scored 10. Will be tight but I think Mayfield's consistency will bring them another win.

Dudley 1 v Warners Bay 1 - I think Dudley will slip up here. They should dominate but wont be able to take a win.

Bero 2 v Barnsley 2 - Another draw. Barnsley have lost their last seven games while Bero have lost their last 4 conceding 16 goals. Can't pick a winner.
    Last edited by Cognitio; 23-06-2018 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogs 1962 View Post
    CARDIFF OFF, field is soaked through.