Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Zone Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    It’s $300 per game, so each club to share the cost. So $150 for each team. It’s like $10 per player FFS hahaha
    Very surprising you think a Club would want to promote it with their supporters that can't get to the Game .

It would also be a keepsake for all the players to have their game on film .

I bet you it’s dudley. They looked salty AF after losing to the Suns on Sunday. #Top5

Let’s not point the finger, but even the smartest cookies in the box could probably join the dots...

Who is hosting the GF?
    One club has refused to pay the host club due to petty differences.
    That means the reserves and 3rds isn’t being covered as one club has not agreed to pay their share.

If you still can’t work it out. It rhymes with Sudley Bedhead....

It would be to pay bartv, not the host club?
    Anyway, if it is Dudley then that’s poor form. I’m sure the players would be pissed off if they knew.

Anyway, the main big dance will be filmed and live streamed.

Back to the football.
    It's football, not s***er!!

To be fair if I was as bad a player as some of those Dudley boys I wouldn’t want to watch myself on TV either 🤷*♂️

Two days of football last weekend how lucky am I?

Well Dudley vs Suns was fairly tame. Gotta love how the Dudley bloke called someone from suns out and did nothing about it when he came over, hand bags at ten paces ladies.

As expected Kotara came out and parked the bus. Give it to them though they had a plan and stuck to it Andre and the whippet had good games. I didn't hear any of the comments mentioned but Kotara whinging about comments made by other clubs is a pot calling the kettle black isn't it? Imagine the tears if someone called the kotara boys c$#ts Maybe mayfield should have done that before the game.

How is this for a rumour I heard whilst at the suns/duds push and shove. Apparently the suns coach gets paid a large sum, who then pays players so technically the club isn't paying them. playing for the shirt. wowee! (just what i heard, don't shoot the messenger)

Quote Originally Posted by MisplacedPasses View Post
    Two days of football last weekend how lucky am I?

Well Dudley vs Suns was fairly tame. Gotta love how the Dudley bloke called someone from suns out and did nothing about it when he came over, hand bags at ten paces ladies.

As expected Kotara came out and parked the bus. Give it to them though they had a plan and stuck to it Andre and the whippet had good games. I didn't hear any of the comments mentioned but Kotara whinging about comments made by other clubs is a pot calling the kettle black isn't it? Imagine the tears if someone called the kotara boys c$#ts Maybe mayfield should have done that before the game.

How is this for a rumour I heard whilst at the suns/duds push and shove. Apparently the suns coach gets paid a large sum, who then pays players so technically the club isn't paying them. playing for the shirt. wowee! (just what i heard, don't shoot the messenger)
    Hahaha it's a pretty good rumour, but one that can be shut down now. The coach gets paid of course as it's their time they put in and I'm sire is the case at all clubs. He certainly doesn't forward any of that onto players haha. I don't know where this income for player payments is supposedly coming from. Any player is welcome to play for the Suns, you'll pretty quickly find out no players are paid. We've had players from other clubs train/trial during pre season who have then left because they thought we pay players.
    I'm not going to shoot the messenger, but it's nothing more than a rumour or maybe just jealousy since we are into our third straight GF.

Back to the football?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBean View Post
    i guess Mayfield should be taking lessons on graciousness from Kotara who abused Warners Bay when they were running out before kick off
    Cant believe we are still talking about this?!
    Youd think Warners Bay players must have needed intensive counselling for their traumatic experience based on your comments.

As for graciousness, it has been a rollercoaster season for us at Kotara. Some admittedly premature confidence midway through the season followed by an extended form slump has been something to learn from at the club. Proud of the way the youngest 1st grade squad in the comp has stood up to the challenges though.

For what it's worth, I didnt hear any comments from mayfield that were bitter or disrespectful. Everyone I spoke to was just dissapointed and rightly so, but other than that they were fine. Still a great season from them and they should hold their heads up!

I didn't hear any of the comments mentioned but Kotara whinging about comments made by other clubs is a pot calling the kettle black isn't it? Imagine the tears if someone called the kotara boys c$#ts Maybe mayfield should have done that before the game.
    Hi there, if you're referring to my response to the bean as kotara whinging about comments and pot kettle etc then wow, just wow. I was just a spectator at the game and thought i'd try to clear up the 'what are you talking about' question with some examples of what i heard and interpreted as the salty thing that cabaye mentioned. I have no idea about what happened at kotara v warners bay, and wouldn't have a clue what that's got to do with people expressing how much they think kotara would get beaten by in the GF.
    Hopefully i can get to the game and it's a good contest, but most importantly, i hope both sets of players shake hands and congratulate the winning team.

Quote Originally Posted by ha'way the lads View Post
    Hi there, if you're referring to my response to the bean as kotara whinging about comments and pot kettle etc then wow, just wow. I was just a spectator at the game and thought i'd try to clear up the 'what are you talking about' question with some examples of what i heard and interpreted as the salty thing that cabaye mentioned. I have no idea about what happened at kotara v warners bay, and wouldn't have a clue what that's got to do with people expressing how much they think kotara would get beaten by in the GF.
    Hopefully i can get to the game and it's a good contest, but most importantly, i hope both sets of players shake hands and congratulate the winning team.
    If I was referring to your post I would of quoted it, take your tin foil hat off mate!

I'm tipping Broadmeadow to be covered in macedonian flags and the national anthem on repeat after Magic and Suns take it out. I wouldn't want to hurt feelings though by predicting the score!

If I was referring to your post I would of quoted it, take your tin foil hat off mate!

I'm tipping Broadmeadow to be covered in macedonian flags and the national anthem on repeat after Magic and Suns take it out. I wouldn't want to hurt feelings though by predicting the score!
    maybe one or two...
    only anthems will be from nick skitz volume 5

Quote Originally Posted by EwoodPark View Post
    As a clear Mayfield person I can vouch that everyone at Mayfield is hurting. After the euphoria of winning the club championship and premierships in 3rd and 1st's, the past 2 weeks have not been much fun for 1st grade and R grade. I am sure things have been said by both Mayfield and Kotara in the heat of the battle that everyone said out of pure frustration.

Lets just move on and talk about the grand finals and then the player movements for 2019.
    Yeah shame about Mayfield they won the minor premiership by half way through the season a couple of years ago and couldn't come home with the cookies and it has happened again, there seems to be a pattern .... the only thing wrong with being undefeated is you are one game closer to a loss.... champion teams play a grand final Every week that's why they are champions...
    Good luck to all playing in the finals this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Just a spectator View Post
    Yeah shame about Mayfield they won the minor premiership by half way through the season a couple of years ago and couldn't come home with the cookies and it has happened again, there seems to be a pattern .... the only thing wrong with being undefeated is you are one game closer to a loss.... champion teams play a grand final Every week that's why they are champions...
    Good luck to all playing in the finals this weekend.
    Mate now you are just rubbing it in haha..... We have developed some what of a semi final curse at Mayfield. But curses are there to be broken

Mate now you are just rubbing it in haha..... We have developed some what of a semi final curse at Mayfield. But curses are there to be broken
    There’s only one man to blame for the curse. The jinx himself! #Gmanout

Quote Originally Posted by rolo View Post
    There’s only one man to blame for the curse. The jinx himself! #Gmanout
    He wasn't at Mayf in 2016 he was over corrupting Stocko that year!

He wasn't at Mayf in 2016 he was over corrupting Stocko that year!
    And what happened to them that year after a 1 nil lead in the first leg?

Tips For The Weekend

Mayfield 4-2 Dudley
    I have Mayfield taking out this one they have been the best 3rd Grade team all season and I think they will win this goal fest.

Swansea 2-2 Dudley
    I am predicting a draw in this one and Dudley win on penalties should be a cracker before 1st Grade.

Suns 4-2 Kotara
    I have the Suns winning this one comfortably they are undefeated in 14 games and Kotara have been too inconsistent should be a cracker of a game and I could see the Suns scoring more.

Quote Originally Posted by underrated View Post
    Suns 4-2 Kotara
    I have the Suns winning this one comfortably they are undefeated in 14 games and Kotara have been too inconsistent should be a cracker of a game and I could see the Suns scoring more.
    Upon what logic are people tipping suns to win by 10?
    Mayfield scored more goals than Suns this season, but managed just 1 in 180 minutes vs Kotara. They were also undefeated in 18. Were....
    Kotara struggled during the run home, but defence hasn’t been their problem. 24 goals against in 20 games is hardly anything to make me think they’ll concede 5 this weekend. Suns have conceded 34 in the same amount of games. Their GD is +22.
    Kotara’s is +25 for the season.

This game will be tighter than everyone seems to think. The worst thing the Suns could do would be to believe the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by DonPablo View Post
    Upon what logic are people tipping suns to win by 10?
    Mayfield scored more goals than Suns this season, but managed just 1 in 180 minutes vs Kotara. They were also undefeated in 18. Were....
    Kotara struggled during the run home, but defence hasn’t been their problem. 24 goals against in 20 games is hardly anything to make me think they’ll concede 5 this weekend. Suns have conceded 34 in the same amount of games. Their GD is +22.
    Kotara’s is +25 for the season.

This game will be tighter than everyone seems to think. The worst thing the Suns could do would be to believe the hype.
    yep so true bud and as I stated earlier being undefeated means you're one game closer to a loss....! And Kotara have everything to play for the Sun's can't be complacent that's for sure. Ask the Mayfieldlads....

I don’t think the suns will be complacent at all. Arguably had a more dominant season last year running away with the comp by 12 points and then losing to bero in extra time. Still hurts for the boys and will be keen to put that to bed with a win this weekend. Should be a cracking day. Fair few of the suns and Kotara boys have played together over the years, so there is a pretty good friendly rivalry there.