Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Zone Premier League thread

could end up suns vs dudley in all 3 grades
    that would be interesting

i heard that certain clubs have been told that there is not relegation this year?
    not 100% of what i heard but yeah

Could be promotion, can’t see Toronto surviving

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    When is the Bero v Barnsley catch up game. It will be like a Grand Final I think blokes from a few clubs would go for a beer to watch and have a few tins
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBean View Post
    When is Bero v Barnsley? I'm keen to go watch the relegation battle.
    Surely someone knows. its gonna be an El Clasico

Surely someone knows. its gonna be an El Clasico
    Hasn't been scheduled yet

Will it be a case of waiting to see if it needs to be scheduled?

My moneys on vacant weekend for El Classico. Could be a good game for a beer or ten.

As far as promotion relegation goes I haven heard a peep.
    I’m still under the belief that zone teams need to apply not win Zpl to go up.

Quote Originally Posted by Shere Khan View Post
    My moneys on vacant weekend for El Classico. Could be a good game for a beer or ten.

As far as promotion relegation goes I haven heard a peep.
    I’m still under the belief that zone teams need to apply not win Zpl to go up.
    You have to apply, there's no such thing as automatic promotion relegation between Newcastle Football and Northern.

Weekends tips

Saturday

Cardiff 1 vs. Suns 4
    Cardiff’s season is over and will result in a mid-table finish. While the Suns will still be pushing to try and catch Mayfield or Dudley for the premiership. With Suns now winning 8 of their past 9 games, I can’t see them stopping now. Cardiff have however, won 3 of their last 4 games, scoring 13 goals in those games. Cardiff have not won any games this year against the current top 5 teams and with the Suns coming away with a narrow 1-0 win last time around, I’m tipping Suns to get on top again.

Barnsley 1 vs. Swansea 2
    Barnsley put themselves back in the survival mix two weeks ago with a win over Jesmond, but have since lost to both Mayfield and Kotara. While still last, it is extremely tight between themselves, Bero and Jesmond for relegation (maybe). Swansea’s top four hopes could be over with a 2-0 loss to form team, Suns. They are now 6 points behind Kotara with 3 games to go. There still a possibility for top 4, but will need to take maximum point from a desperate Barnsley away from home. I’m tipping a repeat score line from their last meeting in round 7.

Sunday

Warners Bay 0 vs. Kotara 3
    Kotara got back to winning ways last week and with Swansea’s loss to Suns, they might have survived their scare of dropping out of the top 4. The Bay have continued their inconsistent year with a loss to Mayfield (4-1) last week. Last round, Kotara edge the game 2-1 and with the Bays season over and Kotara desperate to stay in the top 4, I’ve tipped Kotara to win comfortably.

Dudley 2 vs. Mayfield 2
    Could this be the match that decides the premiership? Dudley have now won 5 out of their last 6 games. While Mayfield have now made it 15 games undefeated. Both teams have interestingly scored 12 goals in their last 3 games each. Last time around saw a 1-1 draw between these teams. With both teams scoring freely, it looks like it could come to the defence to see who can hold out the other team.

Beresfield 1 vs. Jesmond 3

With Bero having now lost 9 games in a row and Jesmond now losing 8 games in a row, the loser of this game probably deserves to be relegated this season (maybe). The last time these sides met saw Jesmond win 5-1 which was the last time they picked up points this season. Jesmond have only score 2 goals in their last 6 games. But with Bero conceding a whopping 30 goals in their last 6, now is the time for Jesmond to fix their toothless attack.

Cardiff v Suns - Form team blah blah we know the result here, although it would be good to see the kebapi knocked down a peg.

Barnsley v Swans - Swans to win meaning the deathmatch (can't wait!) between Barnsley and Bero is getting closer.

Warners Bay v Kotara - Kotara to be like a tiger in Thailand zoo, doped up and non-threatening, I'm seeing a draw here.

Dudley v Mayfield - Both teams to go out and try not to lose, tipping a snooze fest of 0:0.

Bero v Jeso - Better off going to watch Cooks Hill vs Raymond Terrace than spending the afternoon watching two ZL3 teams go at it.

Cardiff v Suns - im calling an upset here. cardiff always lift against suns. cardiff to win by 1

Barnsley v Swans - swansea win to keep their top 4 dreams alive

Warners Bay v Kotara - kotara by 2, will be interesting if the bay are up for it following the abuse from the kotara crowd last time they played

Dudley v Mayfield - mayfield to win

Bero v Jeso - jeso in a nervous 1-0 win

Cardiff v Suns - im calling an upset here. cardiff always lift against suns. cardiff to win by 1
    Haha everyone lifts against the suns. That’s the way it’s been for a lot of clubs over the years. Cardiff.. bero.. Dudley.. Kotara.. Swansea.. for most of those clubs it’s their biggest game.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Haha everyone lifts against the suns. That’s the way it’s been for a lot of clubs over the years. Cardiff.. bero.. Dudley.. Kotara.. Swansea.. for most of those clubs it’s their biggest game.
    I think the Suns would say that the fiercest rivalry they have is against Dudley and Dudley would say the same its been going for years and there might be a new chapter play out before the years out

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    I think the Suns would say that the fiercest rivalry they have is against Dudley and Dudley would say the same its been going for years and there might be a new chapter play out before the years out
    I think that is the case at the moment with suns and Dudley. Very competitive rivalry!
    I was just referring to the beans comment saying Cardiff lift for games against the suns which I think for most of the clubs in this division, is a game they lift for maybe a bit more than other teams.
    Most team talks mention that we need to be on our game because so and so would love to beat us and will be up for it haha.

Most team talks mention that we need to be on our game because so and so would love to beat us and will be up for it haha.
    Sounds like every talk ever given lol.... Sun's ain't special Same happens when ever a club has a few good seasons, like when cooks hill dominated those 5 or 6 seasons.

I think that is the case at the moment with suns and Dudley. Very competitive rivalry!
    I was just referring to the beans comment saying Cardiff lift for games against the suns which I think for most of the clubs in this division, is a game they lift for maybe a bit more than other teams.
    I fully agree each week sounds like Suns are the benchmark in most clubs eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by MisplacedPasses View Post
    Sun's ain't special
    Let's just see what happens come September. Fourth year in ZPL. Top 4 the last 3 years, on track for 4 now. Grand finals the past two years all without paying a single cent to any player ain't too bad.

This year is as close a comp in recent memory. Minor premiership still realistic to 3, maybe 4 clubs. Grand final could go anywhere. Mayfield, Dudley and Suns looking likely to have all three grades playing finals football.
    The next three rounds is going to be like finals football for a lot of teams not forgetting the battle at the bottom of the table definitely hotting up too.

Let's just see what happens come September. Fourth year in ZPL. Top 4 the last 3 years, on track for 4 now. Grand finals the past two years all without paying a single cent to any player ain't too bad.
    good to know Maj was just there for the love of the game last year

Quote Originally Posted by holding_midfield View Post
    good to know Maj was just there for the love of the game last year
    haha you're kidding yourself if you think he or anyone is paid. Big maj even paid for his own kepabi rolls.
    Maj free and James Cameron gets paid at mayfield. Try and work that out

If Mayfield are paying James they should get a refund, his left foot is broken.

Maj going from $$'s at Jaf Jafs to zero seems legit