Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Zone Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Buddha
    Jesmond on the slide after their shock FFA Cup result. Been a long time coming. Definitely punching above their weight.
    Quote Originally Posted by holding_midfield View Post
    They are my early tip to be relegated.
    🧐

I'm not going to stop trying until I see you smile Mitchy's Avatar
    Last two mins of bero and Kotara was quality bero goal keeper holding the ball in the box no pressure from any Kotara player
    Draw suited both

Good luck in semi finals to all teams ��
    Novocastria Youth

Quote Originally Posted by Baaaaaaaaaa View Post
    This years predictions.

Jesmond
    Dudley
    Kotara
    Swansea
    Suns
    Cardiff
    Barnsley
    Warner’s Bay
    Mayfield
    Berro
    That went well

Let the Predictions begin!!!

Mayfield V Kotara - Mayfield to cake walk it through.
    Mayfield by 4 over the 2 legs.
    Suns V Dudley - Suns to qualify by 1 (this is certainly worth Watching)
    Suns by 1 over the 2 legs

Swansea V Barnsley - Both teams have first graders off the bench, I'm tipping Swanswea in what will be a goal fest!
    Swansea by 1 over the 2 legs.
    Mayfield V Dudley - Dudley in a well contested 2 leg race.
    Dudley by 1 over the 2 legs

Mayfield V Kotara - Mayfield to win
    by 3 or more over the 2 legs.
    Dudley V Suns - With draws costing them the Minor premiership they will be hungry.
    Dudley by 2 over the 2 legs.

Tips For The Weekend

3rd Grade
    Mayfield 2-1 Kotara
    Mayfield in 3rd Grade is the same as there 1st Grade consistent and dominant all year, I feel they will take a lead heading into the second leg.

Dudley 2-2 Suns
    I feel like the Suns can come away with a result in the first leg and they should have some quality players coming off the bench now that there Reserve Grade didn’t make the top 4.

Reserve Grade
    Swansea 3-2 Barnsley
    I think Swansea have been the best team in Reserve Grade this year and deserve the title, there should be goals in this game and I feel Swansea will get the win.

Mayfield 1-1 Dudley
    This is going to be a hard game to pick a winner both teams had a good season and I think the first leg will be a draw.

1st Grade
    Mayfield 4-1 Kotara
    Mayfield have been consistent all year and Kotara had a good start to the year but have struggled since week 9 only winning 2 games I think Mayfield will win this game comfortably and have one foot into Magic Park.

Suns 2-2 Dudley
    The game everyone is waiting to watch and I think Dudley at home should have a crowd out in full force and I think this one will come down to a draw but I wouldn’t be surprised if Dudley get the win at home.

Just a heads up for all involved in the Zone Premier League Semi Final 1st v 4th this Saturday.

Games are being held at Alder Park, New Lambton (behind Alder Park Bowling Club). Mainly due to the poor playing surface of Nesbit Park.

New Lambton wish to advise their ground is a licensed venue, so NO BYO alcohol, Alcohol served from 11:30.

Wow, from one paddock to another

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Wow, from one paddock to another
    Surely another venue was available

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Surely another venue was available
    It's a bit hard when there was a chance of missing the finals only a week before being due to "host" semi's. I had made contact with other clubs (email,calls and text). I am still waiting for a reply.

At the end of the day it has grass on it, a hell of a lot more than Nesbitt.

Quote Originally Posted by The Anvil View Post
    It's a bit hard when there was a chance of missing the finals only a week before being due to "host" semi's. I had made contact with other clubs (email,calls and text). I am still waiting for a reply.

At the end of the day it has grass on it, a hell of a lot more than Nesbitt.
    I'm surprised you guys are playing finals after the performance on the weekend

Surely CCFC cant be happy with where they finished, a very organised club that just can't get it done on the pitch
    They haven't finished higher than 4th since like 2012, they can't be too worried about results. 7th ain't too bad for them.

Quote Originally Posted by underrated View Post
    Tips For The Weekend

3rd Grade
    Mayfield 2-1 Kotara
    Mayfield in 3rd Grade is the same as there 1st Grade consistent and dominant all year, I feel they will take a lead heading into the second leg.

Dudley 2-2 Suns
    I feel like the Suns can come away with a result in the first leg and they should have some quality players coming off the bench now that there Reserve Grade didn’t make the top 4.

Reserve Grade
    Swansea 3-2 Barnsley
    I think Swansea have been the best team in Reserve Grade this year and deserve the title, there should be goals in this game and I feel Swansea will get the win.

Mayfield 1-1 Dudley
    This is going to be a hard game to pick a winner both teams had a good season and I think the first leg will be a draw.

1st Grade
    Mayfield 4-1 Kotara
    Mayfield have been consistent all year and Kotara had a good start to the year but have struggled since week 9 only winning 2 games I think Mayfield will win this game comfortably and have one foot into Magic Park.

Suns 2-2 Dudley
    The game everyone is waiting to watch and I think Dudley at home should have a crowd out in full force and I think this one will come down to a draw but I wouldn’t be surprised if Dudley get the win at home.
    For me 3rd Grade
    Mayfield 2-0 Kotara
    Mayfield will be to strong for Kotara they just don't offer enough going forward to trouble Mayfield

Dudley 2-1 Suns
    This will be a battle and if Suns have 4 reserve graders on the bench like they probably will that will bring them in the contest

Reggies
    Swansea 1-1 Barnsley
    This will be a battle and I'm sure Swansea would of preferred Mayfield. This will be a great tie

Dudley 1-1 Mayfield
    This will be a tight affair with 2 good teams. Both have class and wouldn't be surprised if 1 team won 3-0 but don't think it will happen

1st Grade
    Mayfield 2-0 Kotara
    I feel like I'm being generous Kotara are next to no chance. The wheels have fallen off at Nesbitt and it will be by how much

Dudley 2-1 Suns
    This will be the best tie across all grades. There is genuine rivalry and a bit of hatred. After last year I think the Dudley boys will want to get revenge and it should be a hostile crowd down at Dudley to.

[QUOTE=The Hacker;212393]For me 3rd Grade

Dudley 2-1 Suns
    This will be a battle and if Suns have 4 reserve graders on the bench like they probably will that will bring them in the contest

QUOTE]

no reserve graders this year for the suns
    3rds coach was let go last year after that

[QUOTE=Nou Camp;212399]
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    For me 3rd Grade

Dudley 2-1 Suns

QUOTE]

no reserve graders this year for the suns
    3rds coach was let go last year after that
    If that's the case much respect to the Suns and new coach

"Surely CCFC cant be happy with where they finished, a very organised club that just can't get it done on the pitch"

They haven't finished higher than 4th since like 2012, they can't be too worried about results. 7th ain't too bad for them.[/QUOTE]

so Misplacedpissant once again, your facts are wrong.
    I am quite sure we played Bero after finishing 4th in 2015, they beat us 3-2 0n aggregate?.
    2015 was 5th.
    your turn.....

so Misplacedpissant once again, your facts are wrong.
    I am quite sure we played Bero after finishing 4th in 2015, they beat us 3-2 0n aggregate?.
    2015 was 5th.
    your turn.....
    Name calling again, typical.

So the best Cardiff have done since 2012 is 4th (Newcastle football only goes back to 2012)....English isn't my first language but I think I got it right?
    Last edited by MisplacedPasses; 22-08-2018 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MisplacedPasses View Post
    Name calling again, typical.

So the best Cardiff have done since 2012 is 4th (Newcastle football only goes back to 2012)....English isn't my first language but I think I got it right?
    Typical, far from it pissant, I just like the sound of it, rolls off the tongue.
    So your English was correct, would you like an achievement award for that.

What's your go pissant, you come on here bagging clubs, looking for a bite like you have some knowledge of ZPL clubs or do you think your funny.....
    Ex player who was cut by some of these and still has a grudge to bare.
    Last edited by Jardelsimage; 23-08-2018 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MisplacedPasses View Post
    I'm surprised you guys are playing finals after the performance on the weekend
    Yeh I cant believe they don't just decide the top 4 after 1 round. would make it so much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    Typical, far from it pissant, I just like the sound of it, rolls off the tongue.
    So your English was correct, would you like an achievement award for that.

What's your go pissant, you come on here bagging clubs, looking for a bite like you have some knowledge of ZPL clubs or do you think your funny.....
    Ex player who was cut by some of these and still has a grudge to bare.
    No award needed friend, I just had to write the same thing twice for you to understand it. Believe it or not I do hope some clubs can transcend out of mediocrity.

WEEKEND TIPS
    Kotara vs Mayfield - I think a Draw, finally Kotara will show up and have a go for a change
    Dudley vs Suns - Dudley to turn it on and roll the almost invincible suns (hoping for another barney in the sheds)

Semi- Finals Game 1 preview-

Saturday - Mayfield 2 vs. Kotara 1

With Mayfield’s continued consistency and efficiency and Kotara’s end of season form slump this semi-final would seem the much more predictable of the two. Both games between these teams, however turned out 1-1 draws. Both teams look to play a direct style of football, both focusing on delivering longer passes to quick strikers and wingers.
    Mayfield finished the regular season undefeated and with 6 straight wins. Top goal scorers with 55 goals as well as the competition tightest defence conceding only 19 goals.
    Kotara finished the year slow. After leading the competition early, they fell away after their round 12 1-1 draw with Mayfield. While they picked up 22 points from round one. They only picked up 9 from round two of the season.
    Looking at this weekend’s first leg at Kotara, it’s hard not to tip the away team. 6 wins on the trot for Mayfield and Kotara having only won 1 of their last 7 games gives the edge to Mayfield.

Sunday - Dudley 2 vs. Suns 2
    There probably would be no complaints if this was the Grand Final game. So, it will be great to be able to get two games out of this great rivalry. While Mayfield have found a way to be unbeatable this year, Dudley and Suns, arguably, do play the best style of football between the finals teams. These two teams were able to grab 3-2 always wins against each other this season.
    Dudley finished the year with the second-best defence (21), but the worst attack of the top 4 teams (42). Interestingly, Dudley’s home record ended with 4 wins, 2 draws and 3 losses.
    The Suns come into the finals as the form team. They have the competitions second best attack (53), but worst defence of the finals teams (32).
    I’m predicting this week’s first leg match at Dudley to end in a draw.

Any results today? How was the cat fight?
    It's football, not s***er!!