Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Zone Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    IMO that's another dig by the Misplacedpissant, you really don't like Cardiff do you..
    did we kick your arse in a previous life.....sorry bum, cant say arse to foul for you....
    Now now, we wouldn't want to confirm the previous statements by calling people names, Would we? benefit of the doubt though you've misspelled 'MisplacedPasses'. That's ok, it's a tough one.

Back to football and what a weekend! We've got defenders playing as strikers (coaching master stroke), goal keepers scoring and the former league leaders going missing.

For me Suns have the easiest run in but it might come down to the last round! Bero are going down which I'm sure not many would mind
    Last edited by MisplacedPasses; 10-07-2018 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Spelling

I would be carefully writing off Kotara just yet, as an interested spectator on the weekend, it looked like they were down a few numbers. 1 of those being the leading goalscorer in the comp

Cardiff v Swansea Tues Wed next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Shere Khan View Post
    Cardiff v Swansea Tues Wed next week.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by EwoodPark View Post
    I would be carefully writing off Kotara just yet, as an interested spectator on the weekend, it looked like they were down a few numbers. 1 of those being the leading goalscorer in the comp
    After reviewing the copious amounts of fan mail we received over the weekend, we can confirm the fastest striker in the league was absent on the weekend for Kotara.
    In short after reading people moaning, it was a crap game and the suns were gifted the win. A dubious penalty, an own goal and a late 3rd in stoppage time as kotara sent numbers forward.
    But excuses are excuses, they don’t win titles. Suns won and are firming as title favourites.

Our sources tell us Bero were terrible weeks ago, but have since lost players and now are spiralling toward the trap door. Jesso are also putting in strong claims to return to League 1 having scored the lowest amount of goals in the league and put out more than Islington Street crawlers.

Cardiff and Swansea have left their run too late. Could play a part by taking points off the top 4.

Dudley continue being the quiet achievers and Mayfield continue to outwork every team they come up against. Kotara are in danger of falling out of the title race whilst it seems only a kebapi shortage can unsettle suns in their current form.

Quote Originally Posted by DonPablo View Post
    After reviewing the copious amounts of fan mail we received over the weekend, we can confirm the fastest striker in the league was absent on the weekend for Kotara.
    In short after reading people moaning, it was a crap game and the suns were gifted the win. A dubious penalty, an own goal and a late 3rd in stoppage time as kotara sent numbers forward.
    But excuses are excuses, they don’t win titles. Suns won and are firming as title favourites.

Our sources tell us Bero were terrible weeks ago, but have since lost players and now are spiralling toward the trap door. Jesso are also putting in strong claims to return to League 1 having scored the lowest amount of goals in the league and put out more than Islington Street crawlers.

Cardiff and Swansea have left their run too late. Could play a part by taking points off the top 4.

Dudley continue being the quiet achievers and Mayfield continue to outwork every team they come up against. Kotara are in danger of falling out of the title race whilst it seems only a kebapi shortage can unsettle suns in their current form.
    Sprint race!
    Cardiff will put in a good challenger.

Weekends tips
    Saturday
    Swansea 2 vs. Kotara 2
    Swansea’s top four hopes were crushed by a goal fest 4-3 loss to Mayfield last week. They’re still a possibility but will need to beat one of the other competition Tigers in Kotara. Kotara also lost last week to the competitions form team, Suns (3-1).
    Swansea have now conceded 13 goals in their last 5 games and coming up against the competitions top goals scorers (39). Could be worrying for a leaky defence. Swansea at home will be desperate though and I’m tipping them for a draw.

Barnsley 1 vs. Mayfield 0
    Barnsley’s fight for survival was boosted by a first win in 9 games over Jesmond last week (2-0). While the Mayfield consistency train continues to roll on after another win against Swansea (4-3).
    I’ve gone for a total upset this round with the home team kicking on from their win last week to upset table toppers Mayfield. I now it’s a wild tip, but I’ve seen bottom teams upset the top teams before. For me, if Mayfield are going to be beaten this year, it could come when they’re least expecting it and from a desperate Barnsley at home.

Sunday

Warners Bay 3 vs. Jesmond 1
    Like Swansea, the Bay’s finals push was crushed last week by a disappointing 4-0 loss to Cardiff. Jesmond are not looking any better with a home loss to bottom of the table Barnsley (2-0).
    Jesmond have now lost 6 games on the trot and are 1 point from the bottom, while Warners Bay are 7 points outside the top 4 having lost 3 out of their last 4 games. I expect the Bay to come out on top at home.

Dudley 2 vs. Cardiff 1
    Last week, Dudley got back to winning ways with a 2-0 win over Bero. While Cardiff produced a strong victory against the Bay (4-0).
    I expect Dudley to be too strong having won 4 out of their last 5. Cardiff look like they have finally got their act together winning 3 out of 5. Could be tight, but I’m tipping Dudley to continue their under the radar run into the finals.

Bero 0 vs. Suns 4
    Bero are looking in big trouble. They’ve now lost 7 games in a row and are 1 point from the bottom. While the Suns have now won 6 out of their last 7 games, only drawing to table toppers Mayfield.
    This seems like a one-sided tie. Bero have conceded 26 goals in the last 6 games while the Suns have scored 18 in their last 6. I’m backing Suns to continue their late drive for the title.

Tips for the weekend

Swansea 3-2 Kotara - Swansea need this win to have any chance to get in the top 4
    Barnsley 1-2 Mayfield - Mayfields consistency proves to strong
    Warners Bay 3-2 Jesmond - Warners Bay win this goalfest
    Dudley 1-1 Cardiff - On Cardiff’s recent form I feel they get a draw
    Beresfield 1-7 Suns - Suns first big win of the season

Quote Originally Posted by Cognitio View Post
    Weekends tips
    Saturday
    Swansea 2 vs. Kotara 2
    Swansea’s top four hopes were crushed by a goal fest 4-3 loss to Mayfield last week. They’re still a possibility but will need to beat one of the other competition Tigers in Kotara. Kotara also lost last week to the competitions form team, Suns (3-1).
    Swansea have now conceded 13 goals in their last 5 games and coming up against the competitions top goals scorers (39). Could be worrying for a leaky defence. Swansea at home will be desperate though and I’m tipping them for a draw.

Barnsley 1 vs. Mayfield 0
    Barnsley’s fight for survival was boosted by a first win in 9 games over Jesmond last week (2-0). While the Mayfield consistency train continues to roll on after another win against Swansea (4-3).
    I’ve gone for a total upset this round with the home team kicking on from their win last week to upset table toppers Mayfield. I now it’s a wild tip, but I’ve seen bottom teams upset the top teams before. For me, if Mayfield are going to be beaten this year, it could come when they’re least expecting it and from a desperate Barnsley at home.

Sunday

Warners Bay 3 vs. Jesmond 1
    Like Swansea, the Bay’s finals push was crushed last week by a disappointing 4-0 loss to Cardiff. Jesmond are not looking any better with a home loss to bottom of the table Barnsley (2-0).
    Jesmond have now lost 6 games on the trot and are 1 point from the bottom, while Warners Bay are 7 points outside the top 4 having lost 3 out of their last 4 games. I expect the Bay to come out on top at home.

Dudley 2 vs. Cardiff 1
    Last week, Dudley got back to winning ways with a 2-0 win over Bero. While Cardiff produced a strong victory against the Bay (4-0).
    I expect Dudley to be too strong having won 4 out of their last 5. Cardiff look like they have finally got their act together winning 3 out of 5. Could be tight, but I’m tipping Dudley to continue their under the radar run into the finals.

Bero 0 vs. Suns 4
    Bero are looking in big trouble. They’ve now lost 7 games in a row and are 1 point from the bottom. While the Suns have now won 6 out of their last 7 games, only drawing to table toppers Mayfield.
    This seems like a one-sided tie. Bero have conceded 26 goals in the last 6 games while the Suns have scored 18 in their last 6. I’m backing Suns to continue their late drive for the title.
    I wouldn't be surprised at all if this is how it landed and would make for an interesting race for the premiership

cognitio is the best poster in here. a real rainman when it comes to ZPL stats.

tips:
    Swansea 1 - kotara 3
    kotara to bounce back, swansea will be desperate but just dont have the quality at the end of the day. Kotara have had a few bad games in a row now and will be up for it. maybe will have their whippet back up front and their midfield will remember how to play long balls.

barnsley 2 - mayfield 4
    similar to the above. mayfield havent kept a clean sheet for a while, and barnsley will make a game of it. cant see their defence being up to it.

warners bay 1-jesmond 0
    the bay are better than their league position suggests. they have a mean defence and will see this one out.

dudley 1 - cardiff 1
    two ugly teams playing ugly football. although dudley actually play a lot nicer this year with their hold up through lawless. still ugly blokes though

bero 0 - suns one million
    as everyone has said above. suns are good and bero stink

I wouldn’t write off bero against the suns
    They’re our bogey team
    Suns record against bero is by far the the worst than other team in the comp
    Might just be tighter than some are predicting

I'm not going to stop trying until I see you smile Mitchy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nou Camp View Post
    I wouldn’t write off bero against the suns
    They’re our bogey team
    Suns record against bero is by far the the worst than other team in the comp
    Might just be tighter than some are predicting

Was thinking this myself actually, but as been shown and said we are struggling at bero this year so I think the bogey could be over so to speak

Never less looking forward to a tough hard game as it always is against you guys
    Novocastria Youth

Any updates on today’s games

Barnsley vs. Mayfield
    3rds. 0-1
    Res. 1-1
    1sts. 2-4
    Mayfield again too good today. Barnsley made a good game of it going in 2-2 at the break but Mayfields quality did the job again.

Well, ventured out to land of two heads and the best drainage to watch Barnsley vs Mayfield.

What a spectacle the off field antics were. Move over Kotara we saw some next level sideline abuse. Glad I left the kids in at disney on ice.

On to the football tho, wasn't the best football played but as a neutral it was good to watch, plenty of goals. Drainage FC unlucky to not get a point today.
    Last edited by MisplacedPasses; 14-07-2018 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MisplacedPasses View Post
    Well, ventured out to land of two heads and the best drainage to watch Barnsley vs Mayfield.

What a spectacle the off field antics were. Move over Kotara we saw some next level sideline abuse. Glad I left the kids in at disney on ice.

On to the football tho, wasn't the best football played but as a neutral it was good to watch, plenty of goals. Drainage FC unlucky to not get a point today.
    😂 Drainage FC wonder if we can change our name.

Hope the bloke from 3rds is ok.

Swansea v Kotara

1st, 1-0 (if only the fastest striker in the comp/whippet knew how to pass and not think he's a one man show) Swansea also had another goal disallowed from a dodgy offside call.
    Res, 1-1
    Third, 2-1

Quote Originally Posted by footballfan View Post
    Swansea v Kotara

1st, 1-0 (if only the fastest striker in the comp/whippet knew how to pass and not think he's a one man show) Swansea also had another goal disallowed from a dodgy offside call.
    Res, 1-1
    Third, 2-1
    This result was floated by a few. Are Kotara the team that are going to drop out

Called it weeks ago. They might have to rethink their game plan and pass the ball to their midfield lololol

Quote Originally Posted by MisplacedPasses View Post
    Called it weeks ago. They might have to rethink their game plan and pass the ball to their midfield lololol
    The reason they kick it over of the top of them is cause their midfield ain't that good