Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Zone Premier League thread

Results for the day were
    3rds kotara 0 - 0 mayfield
    Res Barnsley 0 - 1 Swansea (i think this was result)
    1st kotara 2 - 0 mayfield

Well done Kotara, big result.

Quote Originally Posted by KSSFC View Post
    Results for the day were
    3rds kotara 0 - 0 mayfield
    Res Barnsley 0 - 1 Swansea (i think this was result)
    1st kotara 2 - 0 mayfield
    Correct

Seems the predictions were all spot on for the mayfield vs kotara game.

Never rule anyone out in semi finals.
    Kotara lost their whole midfield 6 weeks ago, the boys that came in did more than a job yesterday.
    No one can take that result from kotara.
    Much the hungrier and enthusiastic side out there, on to the next . Only the half way point

ZIGGA!

Games at Dudley today
    Thirds Dudley 2-0 Suns
    Ressies Dudley 3-1 Mayfield
    Firsts Dudley 1-2 Suns
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Games at Dudley today
    Thirds Dudley 2-0 Suns
    Ressies Dudley 3-1 Mayfield
    Firsts Dudley 1-2 Suns
    Big result for the suns. Dudley need to win by two goals or score 3 minimum

Quote Originally Posted by holding_midfield View Post
    Dudley need to win by two goals or score 3 minimum
    If dudley are going to win, it’s going to be by scoring at least 2 goals, so i don’t think it’s a big issue. Dudley 1-0 would be paying $101

Not one team has been able to stop the suns from scoring this year. They will need 3 or 4 to go through!!

Quote Originally Posted by FlatScreen View Post
    Not one team has been able to stop the suns from scoring this year. They will need 3 or 4 to go through!!
    Mayfield hadn't lost before Saturday all year either. Keeping them scoreless isn't the impossible

Tips For The Weekend

3rd Grade
    Dudley 0-2 Suns
    The Suns at home will come out firing I think this one goes to penalties but Dudley get the win and go into the Grandifnal.

Mayfield 3-0 Kotara
    All Three Mayfield grades played way below par last week so I think 3rd Grade come out firing and make the Grandfinal.

Reserve Grade
    Mayfield 1-2 Dudley
    Dudley where to dominant for Mayfield last leg and I think that continues into the second leg.

Swansea 2-1 Barnsley
    Swansea should get the win against Barnsley they have been the best Reserve Grade team this year.

1st Grade
    Suns 2-2 Dudley
    This game should be a cracker I’m expecting plenty of goals and cards and a big crowd and on the day I have the Suns going through to the Grandfinal.

Mayfield 4-1 Kotara
    Mayfield will be up for this one and I have them going through Kotara have been too inconsistent for me to pick them going through to the Grandfinal and Mayfield will want to show that there undefeated season was a fluke.

Quote Originally Posted by underrated View Post
    Tips For The Weekend

3rd Grade
    Dudley 0-2 Suns
    The Suns at home will come out firing I think this one goes to penalties but Dudley get the win and go into the Grandifnal.

Mayfield 3-0 Kotara
    All Three Mayfield grades played way below par last week so I think 3rd Grade come out firing and make the Grandfinal.

Reserve Grade
    Mayfield 1-2 Dudley
    Dudley where to dominant for Mayfield last leg and I think that continues into the second leg.

Swansea 2-1 Barnsley
    Swansea should get the win against Barnsley they have been the best Reserve Grade team this year.

1st Grade
    Suns 2-2 Dudley
    This game should be a cracker I’m expecting plenty of goals and cards and a big crowd and on the day I have the Suns going through to the Grandfinal.

Mayfield 4-1 Kotara
    Mayfield will be up for this one and I have them going through Kotara have been too inconsistent for me to pick them going through to the Grandfinal and Mayfield will want to show that there undefeated season was a fluke.
    My Picks for what it's worth
    3rd Grade
    Dudley 2-1 Suns
    Suns won't be held scoreless but on the flip side Suns won't stop Dudley from scoring they are to potent going on the season

Mayfield 2-1 Kotara
    Mayfield finished first for a reason and across 2 legs should be stronger. Both teams were nervous last week. The team that sorts that out first will win

Reggies
    Mayfield 1-1 Dudley
    These teams are so even. Last week Dudley had the class. They can't just hold on and hope cause Mayfield will run over them

Swansea 2-0 Barnsley
    Only a pen seperated them but Swansea are a real good Reggies team and have class up front. Barnsley have been good but Swansea deserve it

1st
    Suns 1-2 Dudley
    I don't think either team can stop the other scoring. Dudley have a far better keeper so that may help. This will be a belter of a game and if we are serious will be a better game than the NewFM GF. Dudley on penalties I think

Mayfield 2-1 Kotara
    If Gouley has to mark Chase the tie is over unless Mayfield can nullify Kotara's pace Kotara will win.
    Kotara will sit deep and play long balls. Mayfield just need to be patient and play through them.

Good luck to all teams and if it was Dudley v Mayfield in all 3 grades next week it wouldn't be the worst thing

Quote Originally Posted by underrated View Post
    Tips For The Weekend

Mayfield 4-1 Kotara

To suggest an undefeated season could be a fluke is laughable! Going a whole home and away season in no way could ever be a fluke every team had there chance to beat Mayfield twice and couldn't do it, so not sure how the word fluke could be even remotely thrown around with regards to an undefeated season.

As for the second leg Mayfield certainly have a point to prove but against Kotara will be no easy feat especially when you consider their record against Kotara since they joined ZPL. Kotara 3 wins, 2 Draws, 9 goals for, 4 against. Mayfield 0 wins. Would appear Kotara have the wood over Mayfield perhaps even their bogey team. Big question though is can Mayfield turn those stats on their head in what will be the biggest game between the two clubs since Kotara joined ZPL.

I am hearing Mayfield trained well and are loving that they have been able to reclaim the underdog status they have carried throughout the season.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post

Mayfield 2-1 Kotara
    If Gouley has to mark Chase the tie is over unless Mayfield can nullify Kotara's pace Kotara will win.
    The G-man loves to be written off. Watch for him this weekend to stand up and drive his side to victory. Thrives in adversity this bloke

Quote Originally Posted by EwoodPark View Post
    To suggest an undefeated season could be a fluke is laughable! Going a whole home and away season in no way could ever be a fluke every team had there chance to beat Mayfield twice and couldn't do it, so not sure how the word fluke could be even remotely thrown around with regards to an undefeated season.
    I think you’ve gone off your rocker for a typo mate. Reading his post I think he meant to say mayfield will want to prove going undefeated WASN’T a fluke. He then tips them to win 4-1, so calm ya farm.
    Last edited by Lofty; 31-08-2018 at 10:12 AM.

I think you’ve gone off your rocker for a typo mate. Reading his post I think he meant to say mayfield will want to prove going undefeated WASN’T a fluke. He then tips them to win 4-1, so calm ya farm.
    I am quite calm mate trust me. Come Sunday I wont be but I will ride the emotions with the team. Might even celebrate like Klopp if I get the chance!!

My point was just the word fluke and undefeated season are not two words I would associate with each other. Regardless of results in semis an undefeated season is something everyone at Mayfield is extremely proud of and wont be tarnished by a tough results is semi finals.

Only side Mayfield haven't beat all year is Kotara........

Suns vs Dudley
    I'm prediciting this one to resemble a McGregor v Diaz fight with at least two red cards and a Dudley victory in extra time. Be nice if they bought in some ring girls like in the ufc so we didn't have to look at sweaty kebabpi men and former bero deros all afternoon.

Mayfield vs Kotara
    Kotara have two players from what I've seen, andre the giant in goal and whippett boy up front. Mayfield just kick it long. I can't pick this one, depends which way the wind blows.

Quote Originally Posted by BestCMintheleague View Post
    Kotara lost their whole midfield 6 weeks ago, the boys that came in did more than a job yesterday.
    Welcome back to the forum seems you're only singing when your teams winning. It might be time for a name change, I'd suggest dropping the "best"

yeah I thought the Kotara boys had all forgotten their log ins, all seemed to disappear about half way through the season?

I think the view would be that the typo doesn't make a difference.
    Irrespective of the result on the weekend Mayfield going undefeated for an entire season couldn't possible be labelled a fluke. Which is the point Ewood is making (calmly).

1st 1-1
    Res 0-0
    3rds 1-0 suns

Firsts Suns qualify
    Ressies Dudley qualify
    Thirds Dudley qualify
    End of the day bit of spectator excitement.