Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Zone Premier League thread

Any results

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Any results
    3rds mayfield 3 - 0 kotara
    Res 1-1
    1st 1-1

Jim “The Anvil” Neidhart is not with us anymore. But Kotara South Tigers go through to the GF. Silky performance from the lads. Waiting for “terriblehatjesmondcoach” view on the game. Surely one of the great football analyst.

Unlucky to Mayfield Tigers today as for the silky performance I think not still no midfield and a long ball which caught Mayfield out other than that suns next

“Unlucky to mayfield Tigers” I don’t think it’s luck when you score 1 goal in a fortnight 🧐. Unless your playing fortnite!!! Your probably with the looser who is still talking about the 75% possession stat. Unfortunately goals win games not stats. Also I’m offering massive odds for the 5-0 suns victory all the mayfield boys were talking about for next week. $13 available currently

Quote Originally Posted by The Anvil View Post
    “Unlucky to mayfield Tigers” I don’t think it’s luck when you score 1 goal in a fortnight 🧐. Unless your playing fortnite!!! Your probably with the looser who is still talking about the 75% possession stat. Unfortunately goals win games not stats. Also I’m offering massive odds for the 5-0 suns victory all the mayfield boys were talking about for next week. $13 available currently
    * you’re
    * you’re
    * loser

Any odds for 6-0?

Do they fill up the drink bottles with sea water at Mayfield?
    Saltiest bunch of losers that ever lost.
    Congrats on your premirship, but learn to lose with some grace instead of being pathetic little cats.
    Bring your numbers for 3rd grade, cos you losers aren’t playing in any other grand finals!

Quote Originally Posted by Ponga for PM View Post
    * you’re
    * you’re
    * loser

Any odds for 6-0?
    Go The Knights!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cabaye#4 View Post
    Congrats on your premirship, but learn to lose with some grace instead of being pathetic little cats.
    Bring your numbers for 3rd grade, cos you losers aren’t playing in any other grand finals!
    Premiership*

Quote Originally Posted by Cabaye#4 View Post
    what are you talking about? i cant see any mayfield people saying much on here? i was at both semi finals over the weekend and seemed like a lot more salt at dudley v suns than when mayfield went out - looked like everyone shook hands and went and had a beer with their teammates, or celebrated deservedly if you were a kotara supporter.

as for the football thought both were very similar - two teams with the lead went in happy to sit back and send it long, good play from both the strikers - Tserepas did great hold up against the whole dudley backline in difficult circumstances and got rewarded with the penalty and goal. same with Chase, kept working hard and was the difference between the clubs over two legs.

The Bean, There is a difference between long ball and direct.

I think you have said every club plays "long ball" football. except maybe Warners Bay, I think you thought they were Arsenal of 10 years ago.

Most people who have been around Zone league or ID's for years will probably agree most clubs play a direct style of football. Obviously a few things get in the way Pure football like talent, pitches etc. It really comes down to desire and passion week to week. As you would have seen in the results, any club could compete/beat any other club.

Good luck to all teams involved in GF's this Sunday. Hopefully a plenty of people come to Magic park and create a good atmosphere!

yeah i didnt mean it as a criticism - if anything people have been going on about Suns all year as if they are barcelona and I think they played the worst football over the weekend. you go into a second leg of a semi defending a lead, i think its natural sit deeper and play on the counter. dudley and mayfield had to score twice and keep a clean sheet- neither did.

Looking forward to Sunday, shaping up to be a huge day with 5 clubs represented which should mean good support there spread around.

Third grade: Mayfield v Dudley
    Reserve grade: Swansea v Dudley
    First grade: Suns v Kotara
    It's football, not s***er!!

The Bean:

Probably a reference to a mayfield player going straight to the suns group at FT saying you will beat them at least 4-0 they are so bad (or close to that), and the mayfield group near the canteen saying things like 'they are going to get destroyed next week they're terrible'. It didn't seem particularly gracious, that would answer your question of 'what are you talking about'?

Grand finals are unpredictable. I don't think many expected the Suns to win 4-0 over Dudley in 2016 and just as few would have predicted Bero to get the win over the Suns last year.
    Pretty tough for Mayfield to go out so I'm sure there was just frustrations there which may have led to comments being said. They finished first, second and first across the three grades and ended up with just thirds in the GF so they'd probably be hurting a little. I don't think you can get too upset about what some guys around the canteen said.
    I think everyone can move on from what's happened around the grounds the last couple of weeks and the whole season for that matter and just look forward to what happens this Sunday as it gets proven year in, year out that it's the only result people care about, no matter how well you perform over the season.

i guess Mayfield should be taking lessons on graciousness from Kotara who abused Warners Bay when they were running out before kick off, made about 10 different logins to the forum to talk about how good they were when they won the league halfway through the season, and then disappeared for the rest of the year until popping up again to talk about what pathetic little cats mayfield are once theyd won. extremely gracious.

looking forward to a good GF and i hope kotara win cos i love an underdog story. was loving the Bero win last season!

As a clear Mayfield person I can vouch that everyone at Mayfield is hurting. After the euphoria of winning the club championship and premierships in 3rd and 1st's, the past 2 weeks have not been much fun for 1st grade and R grade. I am sure things have been said by both Mayfield and Kotara in the heat of the battle that everyone said out of pure frustration.

Lets just move on and talk about the grand finals and then the player movements for 2019.

Apparently one of the clubs in the lower grades for the gf has refused to chip in for bartv, so only first grade will be filmed. A shame for the other clubs who agreed to cover the small cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Apparently one of the clubs in the lower grades for the gf has refused to chip in for bartv, so only first grade will be filmed. A shame for the other clubs who agreed to cover the small cost.
    Which club is being tight. What's the cost per game

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Which club is being tight. What's the cost per game
    It’s $300 per game, so each club to share the cost. So $150 for each team. It’s like $10 per player FFS hahaha