Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Zone Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    Dudley vs Mayfield
    3rds. 2-1
    Res. 1-1
    1sts. 1-3

Dudley had the better of the game in first grade. Mayfield had good structure and worked hard though.

Dudley were always chasing the game.
    How can Dudley have the better of the game but then be always chasing it? 3-1 is 3-1 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    Dudley vs Mayfield
    1sts. 1-3

Dudley had the better of the game in first grade. Mayfield had good structure and worked hard though.

Dudley were always chasing the game.
    Well that’s not true I was there to watch the game and Mayfield Knocked the ball around a lot better
    and created more through there front man

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyZigga View Post
    4-1 in 3rds. Don't flatter yourselves.
    Stop the press everyone Kotara won third grade 4:1

Quote Originally Posted by underrated View Post
    Well that’s not true I was there to watch the game and Mayfield Knocked the ball around a lot better
    and created more through there front man
    not sure who to believe - "Mayfield" criticising mayfield...or someone else sticking up for mayfield.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBean View Post
    Cardiff v Suns - im calling an upset here. cardiff always lift against suns. cardiff to win by 1

Barnsley v Swans - swansea win to keep their top 4 dreams alive

Warners Bay v Kotara - kotara by 2, will be interesting if the bay are up for it following the abuse from the kotara crowd last time they played

Dudley v Mayfield - mayfield to win

Bero v Jeso - jeso in a nervous 1-0 win
    2/5 - similar to my multis.
    best thing to come out of this weeks results is looking more and more like a suns dudley semi, the rivalry lives on

Still no news on El Dropsico? Will the Spare weekend come into play? At this point in time Beresfield have to play it to ensure survival.

Quote Originally Posted by FlatScreen View Post
    Still no news on El Dropsico? Will the Spare weekend come into play? At this point in time Beresfield have to play it to ensure survival.
    Heard it was Sunday Aug 12 but don't take it as gospel

I'm not going to stop trying until I see you smile Mitchy's Avatar
    Been told it’s the spare weekend
    Novocastria Youth

Last 2/3 Games – (C.U.) = catch up games

1. Mayfield (38) – Bero, Cardiff
    2. Suns (34) – Barnsley, Jesmond
    3. Dudley (33) – Kotara, Swansea
    4. Kotara (30) – Dudley, Bero
    5. Swansea (25) - Warners Bay, Dudley

Is it safe to say that Mayfield are minor premiers and will go undefeated this season?

Is it possible that Kotara could lose to both Dudley and a desperate game away to Bero?

Can Swansea win their last two games to apply pressure to Kotara?

8. Jesmond (11) – Cardiff, Suns
    9. Barnsley (8) –Suns, Bero (C.U), Warners Bay
    10. Bero (8) –Mayfield, Barnsley (C.U.), Kotara

Are Jesmond safe now?

Will it come down to this El Dropsico match on the spare weekend (possibly) for relegation?

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Heard it was Sunday Aug 12 but don't take it as gospel
    Correct confirmed over the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by MisplacedPasses View Post
    No kids this week so why not enjoy abit of football.

How about those toothless Kotara tigers over at the bay what a one sided affair and by all reports no one was abused. Maybe old mate should give the game away and have a few beers each week, seems like he does more for the team that way.

So much for being the benchmark of the comp lololol
    Ahh thought I recognised you there, creepy old dude hanging out with the notepad trying to get close to the players dugout?? can you stop attending Kotara games plz you are obviously our bogey spectator

Quote Originally Posted by holding_midfield View Post
    Ahh thought I recognised you there, creepy old dude hanging out with the notepad trying to get close to the players dugout?? can you stop attending Kotara games plz you are obviously our bogey spectator
    I've seen the picture of how kotara setup a wall... was just trying to see if you're all in the dugouts holding each others egg plants, you lads definitely are the benchmark at that

Enough talking to the little people, onto the weekend

Swans vs Bay - Lucky dip this one high scoring draw.

Jeso vs Cardiff - Jeso might as well just sit on the sideline and drink their craft beer, Cardiff to good.

Mayfield vs Bero - Bero to come out firing and lose.

Barnsley vs Suns - Suns to win easily couple of long bombs to go in on the junior sized field.

Kotara vs Dudley - Whippet to go missing again and dudley to easily win.

Quote Originally Posted by MisplacedPasses View Post
    I've seen the picture of how kotara setup a wall... was just trying to see if you're all in the dugouts holding each others egg plants, you lads definitely are the benchmark at that

Enough talking to the little people, onto the weekend

Swans vs Bay - Lucky dip this one high scoring draw.

Jeso vs Cardiff - Jeso might as well just sit on the sideline and drink their craft beer, Cardiff to good.

Mayfield vs Bero - Bero to come out firing and lose.

Barnsley vs Suns - Suns to win easily couple of long bombs to go in on the junior sized field.

Kotara vs Dudley - Whippet to go missing again and dudley to easily win.
    Would be great to see some long bombs flying in just from the boys in green, was a much better effort last weekend against Swansea and just ran out of puff in second half, think it won't be a walk in for suns this week. Old boys day out at Barnsley and fighting off relegation, boys should be pumped to push them all the way

Weekends tips

Saturday

Swansea 2 vs Warners Bay 3
    Despite a disappointing 2-2 draw last week, Swansea’s finals hopes are still alive thanks to a misfiring Kotara. But they’ll have to work hard against an unpredictable Warners Bay. The Bay have now gone win-loss-win-loss for 6 games now, winning last week 3-1 against Kotara. Swansea now need to take maximum points from their last two games to have any chance of finals football. Last time out saw the Bay run out comfortable 4-0 winners and with Swansea having to face Dudley in the last round, Warners Bay might see this as an opportunity to sneak 5th place by the end of the season.

Jesmond 1 vs. Cardiff 3

Jesmond may just have saved their season last week with a tense win over Bero (2-1). That broke their losing streak and puts them 3 points from bottom with a favourable goal difference. Cardiff, haven’t got much to play for but did win the first-round match between these teams 2-1. Having lost 3 of their last 4 games, Cardiff will look to finish the season on a positive. While Jesmond are looking to secure themselves in the competition for next year. This could be both teams last practical chance at a win this season, as they face Suns and Mayfield in their final games.

Mayfield 5 vs. Beresfield 1

Mayfield’s season just keeps on ticking over with a 3-1 win over Dudley last week. They have now won 4 in a row, scoring 15 goals. Bero’s season, on the other hand, could not be going worse, with their 2-1 loss to Jesmond on the weekend. I would like to say that Bero will look to regain a bit of pride this year by beating undefeated table toppers Mayfield, but with the minor premiership on the line and the best attack vs. the worst defence, I can’t see Mayfield showing any mercy.

Barnsley 0 vs Suns 3
    Barnsley’s 2-2 draw with Swansea last week was as good as a win, as it lifted them off the bottom of the table. Now equal on points with Bero, they have a much better goal difference and gives them an advantage in their catch-up game next week. Suns stretched their winning streak to 5 with a 4-1 win over Cardiff. Last time out saw Suns win narrowly 3-2, however in their rich form, I’m predicting the Suns will win comfortably.

Sunday

Kotara 1 vs. Dudley 2
    Kotara’s loss to the Bay last week means they have only won 1 of their last 5 games, allowing them to slip out of the title race. From their current position, I can’t see the missing finals, but they will need to find their form again to remain competitive during the finals. Dudley’s chance at the minor premiership is probably over after last week’s 3-1 loss to Mayfield. Last time out saw Kotara win 2-0 at Lydon oval. I’m predicting Dudley to bounce back and return the favour with an away win.

TIPS FOR THE WEEKEND

Swansea 3-1 Warners Bay
    Swansea are still in the hunt for the top 4 and need this win.

Jesmond 2-4 Cardiff
    Should have goals in this game now that both team are safe from the drop.

Mayfield 5-1 Beresfield
    Mayfield win the title at home.

Barnsley 0-6 Suns
    Suns type of football will suit this big Barnsley ground.

Kotara 3-1 Dudley
    Kotara come out firing and secure the top 4 for finals.

Surely CCFC cant be happy with where they finished, a very organised club that just can't get it done on the pitch

For what it's worth I think this week
    Swansea 2- Warners Bay 0
    Swansea to keep the dream alive

Jesmond 1- Cardiff 3
    Cardiff to strong

Mayfield 4- Bero 0
    Silverware today for the green Tigers

Barnsley 1- Suns 3
    Suns to much class but Barnsley will put up a hell of a fight at home

Kotara 0- Dudley 2
    The slide of Kotara might continue not sure they can turn it around

Mayfield vs. Bero

3rds. 5-0
    Res. 2-1
    1sts. 5-0

Club Championship for Mayfield

Minor Premiers for 1st grade 2018.

Barnsley v Suns

Firsts 1-7
    Ressies 5-1
    Thirds 1-4
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Barnsley v Suns

Firsts 1-7
    Ressies 5-1
    Thirds 1-4
    Yeah my call of us making it not easy for sun's was a bit off. In fairness the first half was a closer contest then the final scoreline suggests, only 2-1 and could've been even. Not a shot at the suns but I didn't see anything today to show why they are viewed as the best in the comp at the moment. I know it was 7-1 but they weren't great nor did they play our boys off the park. They took all there chances well and even the ones that didn't go in, they were still on target and our keeper pulled off some blinders. There keeper made some good saves and some last ditch takes were made at both ends. Also we had a bloke sent off early in second half for a very poor and disappointing act. As a club it's not something we condone and we hope that it is not viewed as something our club stands for, our deems acceptable.