Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Zone Premier League thread

Bero vs Mayfield
    3rds 0-1 (tight game with bero missing a few chances towards the end of the game)
    Res 1-0 (Game finished after maybe 60 mins due to a injury, no sure on time though. Mayfield by far the better team here but made a mistake at the back which let Bero in)
    1sts 0-3 (Mayfield scoring their 3 goals in the opening 15-20 mins, then sitting comfortably in 3rd gear for the rest of the match)
    Last edited by Mayfield; 27-05-2018 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Source View Post
    W/bay v Swansea
    3rds 4-0 Bay
    Res 1-4 swan
    First 4-0 Bay
    Wow there's a result no one picked

what a ZPL season this is! results impossible to pick.
    Kotara probably the bench mark this year, but very dislikable club after that terrible abuse that they put Warners Bay through sort of thing we dont need in Newcastle football

Quote Originally Posted by TheBean View Post
    what a ZPL season this is! results impossible to pick.
    Kotara probably the bench mark this year, but very dislikable club after that terrible abuse that they put Warners Bay through sort of thing we dont need in Newcastle football
    Your joking ?!
    This is very sad. Most likeable club in the comp.
    Assuming you have never had one too many tins in your life and said something you regretted a little.
    Put away your tiny violin, wipe away those tears and get on with it

combined with your players throwing punches at dudley in preseason i heard. mate as i said, you're the bench mark this year, playing some great football. take the compliment and move on. maybe this is just what happens when a few blokes get on decent money and get some egos, i dunno, if the results are worth it for the club and committee then all good.

Haven’t ever really seen to much of that from Kotara. You ever been to Pasadena? I wouldn’t get too hung up about something which is more a one off when you go to other places where good behaviour is the one off..
    It's football, not s***er!!

yeah i suppose you're right Lofty. I actually made the trek out to watch Bero v Mayfield last night - both teams quite poor I thought, surprised to see mayfield as high as they are on the table. Pasadena atmosphere was fine though? hardly heard anythingfrom the crowd, Mayfield fans more rowdy if anything.

I guess it’s pretty normal that different clubs behave differently depending on who it is. I’d gladly play at kotara every second week if it meant not having to visit bero ever again. Some clubs may think differently, but I think a small minority would enjoy the hospitality Pasadena has to offer.
    It's football, not s***er!!

combined with your players throwing punches at dudley in preseason i heard. mate as i said, you're the bench mark this year, playing some great football. take the compliment and move on. maybe this is just what happens when a few blokes get on decent money and get some egos, i dunno, if the results are worth it for the club and committee then all good.
    Wasn't it a Dudley player Throwing them???

There is no way I would pay anyone from Kotara, they all suck! I would love to know where your getting your info from? I would be sacking him!

i heard multiple reports that the kotara player was first to throw punches. But wasnt at the game so couldnt comment. wouldnt surprise me if dudley were getting amongst it as well, always an agressive team.

and tbh i wouldnt be paying anyone in this league, but for some reason people are! Kotara seem to have recruited more than most

It only takes one domino to fall and it can cascade throughout the league. My interest is when people say they pay players, are they taking a "wage" or are they getting their rego paid? Because I couldn't see free rego as payment per say.

Dudley were unlucky yesterday after having a player sent off in the first 15 minutes, they fought hard with kotara not offering much until late when Dudley ran out of legs

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Dudley were unlucky yesterday after having a player sent off in the first 15 minutes, they fought hard with kotara not offering much until late when Dudley ran out of legs
    I agree with Forever it was shaping as a good game until the red card. If kicking the ball long to a quick kid up front is #benchmark the second round a lot of teams will play for that

I thought kotara were on top when it was 11 v 11. It’s the same as previous years. Suns give the ball to Chef. Bero last year gave the ball to Lawless. Of course they will play the ball to the quick kid up front? He is quick!!! The quick kid should have scored 4 goals. So 6-0 may have been a fair score. kotara have only conceded 7 goals or something in 1st grade. Out of the games I have seen them play, they have been dominant

Quote Originally Posted by The Anvil View Post
    I thought kotara were on top when it was 11 v 11. It’s the same as previous years. Suns give the ball to Chef. Bero last year gave the ball to Lawless. Of course they will play the ball to the quick kid up front? He is quick!!! The quick kid should have scored 4 goals. So 6-0 may have been a fair score. kotara have only conceded 7 goals or something in 1st grade. Out of the games I have seen them play, they have been dominant
    We will see after 18 weeks. I think teams can be caught out once the good ones won't twice

Quote Originally Posted by BestCMintheleague View Post
    Your joking ?!
    This is very sad. Most likeable club in the comp.
    Assuming you have never had one too many tins in your life and said something you regretted a little.
    Put away your tiny violin, wipe away those tears and get on with it

Fair enough having one too many, but we shouldn't try to justify those comments with a simple "just one too many tins". Not sure what the solution is but I don't think we should try to cover them.
    Just own them and try not to repeat them.
    Personally, I have copped much worst than that over the last few years and unfortunately this will always be part of the game.
    I agree though, lets move on and get ready for the next round.

Like sands through the hour glass, these are the days of our lives.

Love to know more about this decent money you're on about. Sounds like bitterness to me.

i heard multiple reports that the kotara player was first to throw punches. But wasnt at the game so couldnt comment.
    You already did.

haha well surely they arent signing with kotara for the chance to play on that terrible field, or play with blokes who throw punches in trial matches and abuse opposition teams after sipping their first beer?

haha well surely they arent signing with kotara for the chance to play on that terrible field, or play with blokes who throw punches in trial matches and abuse opposition teams after sipping their first beer?
    YAWN....... Shut up and move on mate. You're boring everyone to tears.