Thread: 2018 Zone Premier League thread

I'm not going to stop trying until I see you smile Mitchy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogs 1962 View Post
    Seems very odd to call off. Should try buying drainage instead of players
    Relax man it was wet
    Novocastria Youth

Quote Originally Posted by roundballsarebetter View Post
    I find this quote stinking in Irony

Have people forgotten New LambtonGate overthere??
    Can't see the irony at all, we've never invested any money on players. Only sorting out drainage. And think we've only washed out once since then. Also there is plenty of evidence the bero was more then playable, on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchy View Post
    Relax man it was wet
    No it wasn't

Can't see the irony at all, we've never invested any money on players. Only sorting out drainage. And think we've only washed out once since then. Also there is plenty of evidence the bero was more then playable, on Sunday.
    You do remember your club got caught trying to cheat the system and call of games when the fields were dry and the association punished you by giving all three games to New Lambton.

But yeah , no irony when trying to call out other clubs and say fields were dry when called off

You do remember your club got caught trying to cheat the system and call of games when the fields were dry and the association punished you by giving all three games to New Lambton.

But yeah , no irony when trying to call out other clubs and say fields were dry when called off
    Too bad their results don't match their fabulous drainage!

Round 9 catch up Kotara South vs Beresfield

1st grade, Wednesday, 8pm, Speers point
    3rds and res, Thursday, 6:30 & 8pm, Nesbitt Park

Still don't see the irony, I said fix the drainage, instead of spending your money on players. Once again we at Barnsley have never spent money on players and have invested in drainage. Please explain the irony with that, because I've missed it somewhere.
    That year against lambton has just given our club a better understanding of what is deemed playable by the association, and I'm sure alot of clubs wash out way before they see it unfit.

Quote Originally Posted by MisplacedPasses View Post
    Seems I've hit a nerve with you have I, you joined up just to point out what everyone knows, that our 1st grade is last. You got me that stings

Still don't see the irony, I said fix the drainage, instead of spending your money on players. Once again we at Barnsley have never spent money on players and have invested in drainage. Please explain the irony with that, because I've missed it somewhere.
    That year against lambton has just given our club a better understanding of what is deemed playable by the association, and I'm sure alot of clubs wash out way before they see it unfit.
    I think times have changed a little bit on that score.
    The rules always used to be if the ball ain't going to get stuck in mud/water...you play. The threshold for calling off a game seems to have shifted markedly over the last couple of years.
    I'm not sure whether Lake Macquarie Council have introduced it, but Newcastle City Council have introduced a 'risk assessment tool (or some shit) regarding potential damage to a ground, and it is expected that clubs abide by this or face Council sanctions.

My assumption is that they have held conversations with Northern/Newy Football about this, otherwise clubs may be at each others throats regarding what is deemed 'playable'.

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    I think times have changed a little bit on that score.
    The rules always used to be if the ball ain't going to get stuck in mud/water...you play. The threshold for calling off a game seems to have shifted markedly over the last couple of years.
    I'm not sure whether Lake Macquarie Council have introduced it, but Newcastle City Council have introduced a 'risk assessment tool (or some shit) regarding potential damage to a ground, and it is expected that clubs abide by this or face Council sanctions.

My assumption is that they have held conversations with Northern/Newy Football about this, otherwise clubs may be at each others throats regarding what is deemed 'playable'.
    That was the case when the Barnsley v lambton game was called, the ovals committee was asked to make a blanket call for the whole weekend on a Friday afternoon, as Friday night comps where due to use the ground. They deemed it unsafe and ground damage risk to high so called it closed for whole weekend. Then new lambton came out on Saturday mid morning and said it couldve been used, they contacted the association. The association then stated we should've waited until last minute to make closure call for zone league games. This is my reason for calling clubs out, when they deemed it unfit the day before, with a clear forecast ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by MisplacedPasses View Post
    Going off Warners Bay effort on the weekend maybe Barnsley might not be last for long

Actually all three grounds at Barnsley have drainage, the old ground the senior use to play on was the first done. Seems you've gone off half cocked.
    Also this year the senior and junior club took the great step of becoming one club. As a result of this the single field became the premier ground. So really you couldn't be more wrong, just get you drainage sorted and this wouldn't be a topic, Barnsley have managed to get three ovals done, so just one shouldn't be to hard
    yeh is hard when dealing with a 1st grade cricket club...........and its "your not you".

there were a few washouts on the weekend, crossing all codes so drainage may have helped, maybe it wouldn't have.......but that's how it goes not being perfect......

I’m starting to think that promotion/relegation should come down to how good a club’s ground’s drainage is….

Quote Originally Posted by Giges View Post
    I’m starting to think that promotion/relegation should come down to how good a club’s ground’s drainage is….
    Yeah, lets not let football get in the way of grass.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    Yeah, lets not let football get in the way of grass.
    If clubs didn't let a bit rain 3 days before we play stop the football, I wouldn't get bored and come on here to occupy my time.

Catchup. 1st Grade @ Speers Point Complex
    Kotara 8-1 Bero

Res & 3rd Grade played tomorrow.
    ~ Kotara South Football Club ~ EST. 1962

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyZigga View Post
    Catchup. 1st Grade @ Speers Point Complex
    Kotara 8-1 Bero

Res & 3rd Grade played tomorrow.
    Bero forget to turn up or something

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Bero forget to turn up or something
    couldn't handle the long ball obviously