Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Zone Premier League thread

Tips for the weekend

Cardiff 2-2 Warners Bay
    6th vs 7th and pressure’s mounting on the Bay if they want to reach finals. The top 4 is looking set, but if the Bay can go on a run they still have a chance. Wins over Barnsley and Bero last week respectively puts both team on a high but I can’t separate them.
    Jesmond 2-1 Barnsley
    Bottom of the table clash and a fight for relegation. Barnsley have not won in 8 games while Jesmond have lost their last 5 straight conceding 17 goals. Could be a tight one but I’ve picked the home team who should rebound now after playing Swansea, Kotara, Mayfield and the Suns in their last 4.
    Mayfield 3-1 Swansea
    Mayfield are coming off 2 straight 1-1 draws against top four opposition (Kotara, Suns) but remain undefeated for the season. Swansea are coming off 2 wins and 9 goals. Like the Bay pressure is on Swansea if they want to crack this strong top 4 and be around during finals. Mayfield should be too strong at home this time.
    Suns 2-3 Kotara
    Suns are undefeated in 6 and are up to their third top 4 opponent in as many weeks. Kotara are undefeated in 8 games with their only defeat this year coming at the hands of the Suns in round 4 (3-2). Kotara were poor last week and will bounce back to stay top of the table.
    Beresfield 0-3 Dudley
    Dudley’s form has slipped in recent weeks with loses to competition rivals Kotara and Suns recently. Bero have lost their last 6 games shipping 26 goals in the process while only scoring 4. Dudley to win comfortably but could be another game where to score gets out of hand if Dudley get some early goals.
    Last edited by Cognitio; 06-07-2018 at 12:41 AM.

good post cognitio - love those stats!
    The Bay will get up over Cardiff i reckon. 1 or 2 nil
    Barnsley Jesmond will be an ugly draw
    Mayfield Swansea screams 1-1, as all mayfield vs top half teams are.
    Suns will beat kotara i reckon.
    and agree complete on bero v dudley.

Quote Originally Posted by Cognitio View Post
    Tips for the weekend

Cardiff 2-2 Warners Bay
    6th vs 7th and pressure’s mounting on the Bay if they want to reach finals. The top 4 is looking set, but if the Bay can go on a run they still have a chance. Wins over Barnsley and Bero last week respectively puts both team on a high but I can’t separate them.
    Jesmond 2-1 Barnsley
    Bottom of the table clash and a fight for relegation. Barnsley have not won in 8 games while Jesmond have lost their last 5 straight conceding 17 goals. Could be a tight one but I’ve picked the home team who should rebound now after playing Swansea, Kotara, Mayfield and the Suns in their last 4.
    Mayfield 3-1 Swansea
    Mayfield are coming off 2 straight 1-1 draws against top four opposition (Kotara, Suns) but remain undefeated for the season. Swansea are coming off 2 wins and 9 goals. Like the Bay pressure is on Swansea if they want to crack this strong top 4 and be around during finals. Mayfield should be too strong at home this time.
    Suns 2-3 Kotara
    Suns are undefeated in 6 and are up to their third top 4 opponent in as many weeks. Kotara are undefeated in 8 games with their only defeat this year coming at the hands of the Suns in round 4 (3-2). Kotara were poor last week and will bounce back to stay top of the table.
    Beresfield 0-3 Dudley
    Dudley’s form has slipped in recent weeks with loses to competition rivals Kotara and Suns recently. Bero have lost their last 6 games shipping 26 goals in the process while only scoring 4. Dudley to win comfortably but could be another game where to score gets out of hand if Dudley get some early goals.

I disagree with Warners Bay they have no shot of making top 4 and I think Cardiff will beat them comfortably.
    I feel like Mayfield is due a loss but I can see how you have them winning.
    I don’t think Kotara will beat the Suns either but i can see 3-3 happening.

I wouldn't go writing the swans or bay off just yet. As we saw in the Pablo Escobar wannabe's post, Dudley are inconsistent and aren't all they're cracked up to be! IMO if the bay can shrug off the foul language likely to come their way they'll do alright.

Quote Originally Posted by MisplacedPasses View Post
    I wouldn't go writing the swans or bay off just yet. As we saw in the Pablo Escobar wannabe's post, Dudley are inconsistent and aren't all they're cracked up to be! IMO if the bay can shrug off the foul language likely to come their way they'll do alright.

I agree totally about Swansea making top 4 if they can beat Mayfield this week but it will be hard if they lose and both Dudley and Suns win

Mayfield vs. Swansea
    3rds 2-1
    Res 1-2
    1sts 4-3
    Tight game in 1sts. Swansea were the better team and unlucky not to get something out of the game. Mayfield just grinded out the result again.

Interesting to here that Swansea were the better team. Any more info?

With this loss, anyone give Swansea a chance for finals?

Can Mayfield now make the rest of the season undefeated? They have only got Dudley left out of the top 5 to play.

Jesmond vs Barnsley
    3rds 3-1
    Res 5-3
    1st 0-2

Suns v Kotara
    Firsts 3-1
    Ressies 2-1
    Thirds 1-2
    It's football, not s***er!!

Bero v Dudley
    1st 0-5
    Res 0-1
    3rds 2-2
    I saw it all today in 1st grade the Dudley keeper made the score sheet. Kicked it out of his hand bounced over the Bero's keeper and in. I kid you not. If Bero want to stay up the reserve grade keeper must play 1st grade he was outstanding in Reggies and 3rds today

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Bero v Dudley
    1st 0-5
    Res 0-1
    3rds 2-2
    I saw it all today in 1st grade the Dudley keeper made the score sheet. Kicked it out of his hand bounced over the Bero's keeper and in. I kid you not. If Bero want to stay up the reserve grade keeper must play 1st grade he was outstanding in Reggies and 3rds today

I was at the game too, Yes the Bero Keeper got caught out with the wind and I'm sure was embarrassed ….. not unlike the Liverpool Keeper some weeks ago.... shit happens and a bad mistake doesn't make a bad keeper.... he pulled off some good saves in the second half and apart from the goal he cost his team by being caught out... he didn't cost them the game his back line hung him out to dry and especially the last goal the poor bugger had to deal with a barrage of Dudley players he made 2 saves with no help and 3 Dudley players were fighting over who would score and where were the Bero defenders...??? And yes the young fella had 2 good games and his time will come just cos the 1st grade keeper made 1 mistake doesn't warrant being dropped...

Quote Originally Posted by Just a spectator View Post

I was at the game too, Yes the Bero Keeper got caught out with the wind and I'm sure was embarrassed ….. not unlike the Liverpool Keeper some weeks ago.... shit happens and a bad mistake doesn't make a bad keeper.... he pulled off some good saves in the second half and apart from the goal he cost his team by being caught out... he didn't cost them the game his back line hung him out to dry and especially the last goal the poor bugger had to deal with a barrage of Dudley players he made 2 saves with no help and 3 Dudley players were fighting over who would score and where were the Bero defenders...??? And yes the young fella had 2 good games and his time will come just cos the 1st grade keeper made 1 mistake doesn't warrant being dropped...
    I agree the defense did him zero favours and the fact the best defender they have in Danny Burt played striker baffles. With them leaking 8 against Kotara aswell thought might be time for a change. Bero in all sorts and my new favorite to go down. I can see how they pick up any more points. With teams around them battling harder

went and watched Suns v Orange Tigers on the weekend. Horribly conditions at a horrible field so not sure how much you can take from it. Suns will be worrying a lot of the teams above them on the table, from the moment kotara went behind they barely threatened at all.
    Kotaras goal was taken very well i thought, other than that they were terrible. Means we are in for an exciting finish to the season. most of the top 4 have played eachother now, with just dudley to play mayf and kotara still i believe?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBean View Post
    went and watched Suns v Orange Tigers on the weekend. Horribly conditions at a horrible field so not sure how much you can take from it. Suns will be worrying a lot of the teams above them on the table, from the moment kotara went behind they barely threatened at all.
    Kotaras goal was taken very well i thought, other than that they were terrible. Means we are in for an exciting finish to the season. most of the top 4 have played eachother now, with just dudley to play mayf and kotara still i believe?
    Horrible conditions. Council thought it would be a brilliant idea to core the entire ground on Wednesday leaving us with an absolute mine field. We had no option other than to get use of the heavy roller from the cricket club to roll the ground leaving it harder than our usual concrete like ground. Piss poor from the council to do that mid season a few days out from a game with no warning.
    Kotara goal came from a back pass header that fell short and left the striker with just the keeper to beat. Aside from that, they didn't offer too much. Suns had much of the better chances but were lucky to go ahead just before half time with a cross turned into the Kotara net from their defender. The Suns sealed it with a late goal but definitely offered a lot more across the park throughout the game.
    It's definitely tightened things up the top of the table now. Just 4 points between 1st and 4th place.
    The Suns have picked up 6 wins and a draw from the last 7 seven games and now play against all teams outside the top 4. Beresfield this week despite their poor form they will be sure to lift against the Suns especially at the postage stamp with most of the Beresfield community usually there in attendance.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Interesting to here that Swansea were the better team. Any more info?

With this loss, anyone give Swansea a chance for finals?

Can Mayfield now make the rest of the season undefeated? They have only got Dudley left out of the top 5 to play.
    I would say the top 4 is done and dusted.

Finishing positions will be interesting. All I know is, I wouldn't want to finish 1st. They never seem to take home the chocolates in the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by MisplacedPasses View Post
    IMO that's another dig by the Misplacedpissant, you really don't like Cardiff do you..
    did we kick your arse in a previous life.....sorry bum, cant say arse to foul for you....

Last 5/6 Games – (C.U.) = catch up games

1. Mayfield (29) – Barnsley, Warners Bay, Dudley, Bero, Cardiff
    2. Kotara (27) – Swansea, Barnsley, Warners Bay, Dudley, Bero
    3. Dudley (27) – Cardiff, Jesmond, Mayfield, Kotara, Swansea
    4. Suns (25) – Bero, Swansea, Cardiff, Barnsley, Jesmond

With only 4 points separating these teams, the fight for the minor premiership has not been this close for many seasons. Mayfield seem to play a consistent game to grab the points each week, while the Suns are coming home like a house on fire. With the finals seemingly set, all four teams are looking quite even. Who’s got it in them to take the minor premiership?

5. Swansea (18) – Cardiff (C.U.), Kotara, Suns, Barnsley, Warners Bay, Dudley
    6. Warners Bay (15) – Jesmond, Mayfield, Kotara, Swansea, Barnsley
    7. Cardiff (14) – Swansea (C.U.), Dudley, Bero, Suns, Jesmond, Mayfield

Are the finals now out of reach for these teams? A win for Swansea in their catch-up game would take them to 21 points.

8. Jesmond (8) – Warners Bay, Dudley, Bero, Cardiff, Suns
    9. Bero (8) – Barnsley (C.U.), Suns, Cardiff, Jesmond, Mayfield, Kotara
    10. Barnsley (7) – Bero (C.U), Mayfield, Kotara, Swansea, Suns, Warners Bay

With only 1 point separating these teams, who has the harder run in? Predictions for relegation?

Me?
    Premiers = Mayfield
    Relegation = Barnsley

Last 5/6 Games – (C.U.) = catch up games

1. Mayfield (29) – Barnsley, Warners Bay, Dudley, Bero, Cardiff
    2. Kotara (27) – Swansea, Barnsley, Warners Bay, Dudley, Bero
    3. Dudley (27) – Cardiff, Jesmond, Mayfield, Kotara, Swansea
    4. Suns (25) – Bero, Swansea, Cardiff, Barnsley, Jesmond

With only 4 points separating these teams, the fight for the minor premiership has not been this close for many seasons. Mayfield seem to play a consistent game to grab the points each week, while the Suns are coming home like a house on fire. With the finals seemingly set, all four teams are looking quite even. Who’s got it in them to take the minor premiership?

5. Swansea (18) – Cardiff (C.U.), Kotara, Suns, Barnsley, Warners Bay, Dudley
    6. Warners Bay (15) – Jesmond, Mayfield, Kotara, Swansea, Barnsley
    7. Cardiff (14) – Swansea (C.U.), Dudley, Bero, Suns, Jesmond, Mayfield

Are the finals now out of reach for these teams? A win for Swansea in their catch-up game would take them to 21 points.

8. Jesmond (8) – Warners Bay, Dudley, Bero, Cardiff, Suns
    9. Bero (8) – Barnsley (C.U.), Suns, Cardiff, Jesmond, Mayfield, Kotara
    10. Barnsley (7) – Bero (C.U), Mayfield, Kotara, Swansea, Suns, Warners Bay

With only 1 point separating these teams, who has the harder run in? Predictions for relegation?

Me?
    Premiers = Mayfield
    Relegation = Barnsley
    For me Mayfied have the softest run in so for me it's theirs to lose. Not sure I would want that run in to semis not to much semi final standard there. Dudleys run although far harder of the 4 should have them playing finals standard weeks before.
    Relegation = Bero can't see them stopping goals or scoring them. The catchup game against Barnsley will go a long way in determining who goes down
    Last edited by The Hacker; 09-07-2018 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    For me Mayfied have the softest run in so for me it's theirs to lose. Not sure I would want that run in to semis not to much semi final standard there. Dudleys run although far harder of the 4 should have them playing finals standard weeks before.
    Relegation = Bero can't see them stopping goals or scoring them. The catchup game against Barnsley will go a long way in determining who goes down

Premiers - Mayfield I think will hold the Suns off for 1st place

Relegation - Beresfield I don’t think they get another point this year

When are the catch up games for Barnsley V Bero and Cardiff V Swansea? Not sure who's home out of those ( so sorry if they're around the wrong way).