Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Zone League 1 thread

Quote Originally Posted by AVB View Post
    Just had a look at the way the association awards club championships. Does any else think its strange that a win is only worth 2x a draw, rather than in the regular table where a win is 3x a draw?

This makes it possible for a club to finish higher on the ladder but lower in club championships.

e.g.
    Club A finishes the season in all 3 grades with 7 wins and 11 Loses for 21 points
    Club B finishes the season in all 3 grades with 18 Draws for 18 points

Club A finishes above Club B in all grades on the ladder

When the club championship is awarded however:
    Club A is given 7 third grade wins = 14 pts, 7 res wins = 28 pts, 7 1st grade wins = 56 pts for a total club championship tally of 98ts
    Club B is given 18 third grade draws = 18 pts, 18 res draws = 36 pts, 18 1st grade draws = 72 pts for a total club championship tally of 126pts

Club B finishes above Club A in club championship
    Definitive proof that the only way Promote/Relegation should work is from the ladder.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    Definitive proof that the only way Promote/Relegation should work is from the ladder.

I think everyone in Zone League One can relax this year as Morriset will head down. Interesting to see who comes up though as there doesn't appear any stand out sides in Two!!!

Quote Originally Posted by beaten favourite View Post
    I think everyone in Zone League One can relax this year as Morriset will head down. Interesting to see who comes up though as there doesn't appear any stand out sides in Two!!!
    Merewether, New Lambton or Kahibah could come up. I don't think the relgular ZL2 (Hamilton, Nelson Bay, etc), would get the numbers.
    Or West Wallsend ZL3 could make the big #SurviveTheDrop™ double promotion, they seem relatively strong and from pre-season (FFA Cup) seemed to have good numbers and plenty of youth.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    Merewether, New Lambton or Kahibah could come up. I don't think the relgular ZL2 (Hamilton, Nelson Bay, etc), would get the numbers.
    Or West Wallsend ZL3 could make the big #SurviveTheDrop™ double promotion, they seem relatively strong and from pre-season (FFA Cup) seemed to have good numbers and plenty of youth.
    Weathers could struggle with numbers for a promotion. They seem to have sorted out the happenings of the last few years to set themselves up for a good year, but depends if they have some numbers waiting to form a 3rd grade.

I'd say if New Lambton can finish in a decent spot on the table they'd be the sure bet to come up. Their All Age squads already do some training with the ZL squad, so it's a natural fit.

This years finish is going to be interesting. I already know for a fact many squads are losing top graders to overseas trips and others are affected by injuries at this moment. Hard to tell with the new faces every week to see where a team will finish. Still 11 or so games to go, shall be a tight competition.
    Last edited by Kicktheball; 23-05-2018 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    This years finish is going to be interesting. I already know for a fact many squads are losing top graders to overseas trips and others are affected by injuries at this moment. Hard to tell with the new faces every week to see where a team will finish. Still 11 or so games to go, shall be a tight competition.
    Too early for some corrected mid-season predictions?

Fire away..

Azzuri
    Raymond Terrace
    Cooks Hill
    Suburbs

Daylight

Wallsend
    Stockton
    West Lakes
    Maryland
    Morisset
    Uni

This Weekend:
    West Lakes v Morisset - Westlakes
    Terrace V Azzuri - Draw
    Cooks Hill V Stockton - Cooks Hill
    Uni V Maryland - Draw
    Wallsend V Suburbs - Suburbs
    Swap Stockton to the top 4 for Gardo above and I think it will be pretty close.

I think that Stockton, Cooks and Raymo are the best teams and i'd be very surprised if 1 of them didn't win it.

Azzuri has obvious quality but have had a few stumbles having given Wallsend, westlakes and marylands all a big chance of making the top 4 if they can put a run together 2nd half of the season. Gardo just needs to get players on the pitch by the sounds of it

Morriset and Uni seem no chance of top 4 at this point.

Numbers shouldn't be an issue for any team. Newy let them join with only 2 teams this year.

Do they wildcats have a liquor license down south?

Quote Originally Posted by rolo View Post
    Yes, from memory they were selling those 1 litre cans of Bud lite, or something.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyKplunk View Post
    Weathers could struggle with numbers for a promotion. They seem to have sorted out the happenings of the last few years to set themselves up for a good year, but depends if they have some numbers waiting to form a 3rd grade.

I'd say if New Lambton can finish in a decent spot on the table they'd be the sure bet to come up. Their All Age squads already do some training with the ZL squad, so it's a natural fit.
    Merewether have an All Age Friday team this year, might be able to pull them along for the ZFL ride.

Mate, unless things have changed, they have one of the best selections of alcoholic beverages going around..

We most definitely do and I hope our selection lives up to the hype

Great psot, it's about time this thread started talking about productive things!
    OK

Swap Stockton to the top 4 for Gardo above and I think it will be pretty close.

I think that Stockton, Cooks and Raymo are the best teams and i'd be very surprised if 1 of them didn't win it.

Azzuri has obvious quality but have had a few stumbles having given Wallsend, westlakes and marylands all a big chance of making the top 4 if they can put a run together 2nd half of the season. Gardo just needs to get players on the pitch by the sounds of it

Morriset and Uni seem no chance of top 4 at this point.
    Yes I agree, those 3 teams you mentioned will win this year. Once full strength they will be hard to beat in the back end of the season.

Interested to see how many the terrace put past Morri this weekend? I’ll go with 10

Cats vs Stocko
    3rds 0-3
    Res 3-1
    1sts 1-0

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    Interested to see how many the terrace put past Morri this weekend? I’ll go with 10
    Heard it was 3-0 in res and 7-0 in first

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Heard it was 3-0 in res and 7-0 in first
    Correct, Morriset firsts where Down to 10 men after 10 mins