Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Zone League 1 thread

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    To offer some perspective for everyone.
    Between the 3 federations and insurance you are looking at roughly $200 per player, I'm to lazy to find the actual brakedown. Say you register 45 players you have to account $2500 for entry and $4900 for refs(we budget for 11 games).

$2500 ÷ 45 =$55
    $4900 ÷ 45 =$108

55 +
    =$363
    That's before you account for concil fees and what ever a club adds on as well.
    If you as a Club can register a ZL1 player for $350 then congratulations to you but sustainability is paramount and I can not see how that would happen without significant financial backing from a Sponsor.
    I'm not currently on the committee so not totally known to the breakdown. But having been a long term member previously of the committee, the refs have always been covered by the canteen each home game which is a major saving factor in Reno if your charging $108 extra to every player.

To offer some perspective for everyone.
    Between the 3 federations and insurance you are looking at roughly $200 per player, I'm to lazy to find the actual brakedown. Say you register 45 players you have to account $2500 for entry and $4900 for refs(we budget for 11 games).

$2500 ÷ 45 =$55
    $4900 ÷ 45 =$108

55 +
    =$363
    That's before you account for concil fees and what ever a club adds on as well.
    If you as a Club can register a ZL1 player for $350 then congratulations to you but sustainability is paramount and I can not see how that would happen without significant financial backing from a Sponsor.
    We are probably the most expensive coming in at $500 for the season.

On top of Premy's breakdown we have another $2500 for ground/council fees. Also a budget of $1000 for new equipment or the use of gym/indoor courts for wet weather training if needed.

Our players get home playing shorts and socks, and training socks. While new players also get a dress shirt and training shirt and shorts.

Cooks Hill charge $500 and Players get no kit what so ever.

Quote Originally Posted by AVB View Post
    Heavily discounted flat whites down Darby Street though!!!

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AVB View Post
    yep, we play in the nude in Cooks Hill

rich club, poor naked players

welcome to Stephen Lowy's FFA

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    yep, we play in the nude in Cooks Hill

rich club, poor naked players

welcome to Stephen Lowy's FFA
    *Players get a playing shirt for matches

Sorry Boz, I thought that's assumed

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbo View Post
    We are probably the most expensive coming in at $500 for the season.

On top of Premy's breakdown we have another $2500 for ground/council fees. Also a budget of $1000 for new equipment or the use of gym/indoor courts for wet weather training if needed.

Our players get home playing shorts and socks, and training socks. While new players also get a dress shirt and training shirt and shorts.
    Is the accounts between newfm team and zl team kept separate. Would assume newfm has a much bigger spend for a season. Do newfm have players being remunerated for there services. Just interested how the dynamics of all of that works

Quote Originally Posted by beaten favourite View Post
    Heavily discounted flat whites down Darby Street though!!!
    No-one would ever be heard uttering such peasantry in faux row Darb's. My god the street almost just shut down when they heard the typing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogs 1962 View Post
    I'm not currently on the committee so not totally known to the breakdown. But having been a long term member previously of the committee, the refs have always been covered by the canteen each home game which is a major saving factor in Reno if your charging $108 extra to every player.
    Whilst that may have worked for you guys, I personally don't think that is sensible our sustainable. What would happen if the canteen didn't turn enough profit to cover the ref fees? Where would the money come from?

It was mentioned that other clubs are using prize money to subsidize regos and whilst that seems great and may work for those clubs. Again personally I don't see that as sensible our sustainable, what would happen next season if you don't win any prize money? Do you raise your rego significantly?

We as a club are still a non for profit organization and any profit made from the different revenue streams are spent back into the club. That could range from presentation night, paying for coaching courses or facility/ground upgrades ect.

First and foremost development and sustainability are the key goals of our club.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Whilst that may have worked for you guys, I personally don't think that is sensible our sustainable. What would happen if the canteen didn't turn enough profit to cover the ref fees? Where would the money come from?

It was mentioned that other clubs are using prize money to subsidize regos and whilst that seems great and may work for those clubs. Again personally I don't see that as sensible our sustainable, what would happen next season if you don't win any prize money? Do you raise your rego significantly?

We as a club are still a non for profit organization and any profit made from the different revenue streams are spent back into the club. That could range from presentation night, paying for coaching courses or facility/ground upgrades ect.

First and foremost development and sustainability are the key goals of our club.
    This.
    We're currently in a massive downturn club wide. Despite the Active Kids voucher, we're currently at about half of the junior regos from this time last year, and we had to drop an entire senior team due to lack of regos. That is a scary prospect for a country club!

I'm currently in the midst of doing some expenditure calculations so we know exactly how much it costs us for each player, at each level, and what we need to be charging for regos from 2019 to be able to sustain that and provide better skill development to keep players within the club.
    For instance, if we were to run a Friday night team now due to the extra cost of electricity for the lights for game day alone the cost per player to register would be around $800 each. That's simply staggering for a Friday night AA comp!

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar

This year it was the winnings, last season it was sponsorship money, the trick is to adapt and not be so rigid. What you do is you get out and find more sponsors. Whore yourself around. Bring 50 blokes to a restaurant a few times in a year and get them to give some cash to do so. Everybody wins. Think outside the box.
    Last edited by la bazzle; 08-03-2018 at 10:09 AM.

Is the accounts between newfm team and zl team kept separate. Would assume newfm has a much bigger spend for a season. Do newfm have players being remunerated for there services. Just interested how the dynamics of all of that works
    Yeah the accounts for newfm, wpl and zl are all separate and run by separate committees, newfm and wpl do get a lot more sponsors then we do as companies prefer to sponsor the top squads at the club. We are grateful for the sponsors we do get however if anyone has some sponsors they don't need or even some spare bitcoin ;p we will gladly take them.
    Newfm have a way bigger spend then we do as they have lease payments for the gardens and all other payments required with football. As far as I am aware newfm players are not getting any payments this year a couple might get discounted rego, we are in the building phase and as there is no promotion until 2020 whats the point in buying a premiership at the moment, we are trying to promote youth and build the club up again.

Considering Barnsley have been using canteen takings to pay referees for as long as they have been in existence, means your comment about it not being sensible or sustainable is a bit naive.

The committee at Barnsley work as hard as possible to ensure regos are kept to a minimum, whilst still managing to grow the club and develop the skills of those involved. And considering we have been in operation for over 55 years I think it works.

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    We are grateful for the sponsors we do get however if anyone has some sponsors they don't need or even some spare bitcoin ;p we will gladly take them.
    The bubble burst mate we're back in the poor house

Yeah the accounts for newfm, wpl and zl are all separate and run by separate committees, newfm and wpl do get a lot more sponsors then we do as companies prefer to sponsor the top squads at the club. We are grateful for the sponsors we do get however if anyone has some sponsors they don't need or even some spare bitcoin ;p we will gladly take them.
    Newfm have a way bigger spend then we do as they have lease payments for the gardens and all other payments required with football. As far as I am aware newfm players are not getting any payments this year a couple might get discounted rego, we are in the building phase and as there is no promotion until 2020 whats the point in buying a premiership at the moment, we are trying to promote youth and build the club up again.
    Cheers for the reply, was just interested in how it all worked. I bet the ZL committee have to work hard for there sponsorship as you say everyone prefers to give it to the top team. I wonder if it's the same across the board with all teams that have squads in different leagues. Or if all sponsorship is put into a big pot and as well as all expenses and then everyone gets an even go at it

Cheers for the reply, was just interested in how it all worked. I bet the ZL committee have to work hard for there sponsorship as you say everyone prefers to give it to the top team. I wonder if it's the same across the board with all teams that have squads in different leagues. Or if all sponsorship is put into a big pot and as well as all expenses and then everyone gets an even go at it
    All good. Yeah we in the ZL committee put lots of time in to get our sponsors.
    We do have a couple of club sponsors that the funds get split between newfm, wpl, zl and juniors.

Azzurri subsidise their rego fees by getting players to man the wheelbarrow on the weekend pouring concrete. They even got Asian labour this year ay Buddah.
    Cooks Hill are steep as they get Mummy and Daddy to pay via house equity
    Barnsley don't have to pay an internet bill out that way so their rego is cheap
    and Gardo is expensive because they have to replace new match balls every game as no one can find them in the scrub.

ps. Stocko around $330. We all just steal it off eachother via a few break and enters anyways so it all comes out in the wash..

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Azzurri subsidise their rego fees by getting players to man the wheelbarrow on the weekend pouring concrete. They even got Asian labour this year ay Buddah.
    and Gardo is expensive because they have to replace new match balls every game as no one can find them in the scrub.

ps. Stocko around $330. We all just steal it off eachother via a few break and enters anyways so it all comes out in the wash..
    $330.00 is steep when you are playing on half a pitch !!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post

This is brilliant and so true. We had one young fella pay his rego with cash he found down the back of the oldies couch!!!

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    $330 for the blues. But we have Crypto/Azzurricoin remember, that and prize money from last year lollllllllllllllllllll
    Plus that comes with full adidas training kit/warm up kit, adidas home and away kit, adidas tracksuits, adidas tee, adidas beanie, adidas hat, Azzurri iPhone case (legit lol), towel etc etc did I mention adidas?
    It's was criticism because the discussion was about rego cost and you stated ours is higher than yours