Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Zone League 1 thread

We used to mark King Park 118m x 80m , used to finish the game exhausted , visiting teams always struggled on the bigger field
    Is a bit more respectable these days at 100m x 70m

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    Fletcher all but done for a chance of finals. Positions remain the same as all top tabled teams had victories. Massive games this week with Azzuri v Stockton and Fenner v Maryland.

After this weekend we should have a clearer indication of the remaining 2 teams to make the top 4
    It’s Westlakes vs Maryland this weekend!
    Unfortunately Maryland won’t get to see the mighty Fenner in full flight.
    Shame for them.

Quote Originally Posted by ICEBERG10 View Post
    It’s Westlakes vs Maryland this weekend!
    Unfortunately Maryland won’t get to see the mighty Fenner in full flight.
    Shame for them.
    That is a shame, westlakes are no good without mighty Fenner

Predictions for the weekend?

There are some very important games..

Wallsend
    Westlakes in a tight one
    Stocko with the upset
    Morisset to win their second
    Cookers - draw

Quote Originally Posted by RANGER09 View Post
    Wallsend
    Westlakes in a tight one
    Stocko with the upset
    Morisset to win their second
    Cookers - draw
    Wallsend
    Stockton
    Draw
    Terrace 5-0

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    Predictions for the weekend?

There are some very important games..
    Westlakes
    Terrace
    Azzurri
    Morrissett
    Draw (Wallsend/Uni)

COOKS HILL 2 RT 1 1ST Grade
    2 0 Reggies
    0 1 Third

Westlakes vs Maryland
    3rds 1-1
    Res 0-1
    1st 1-2

The bye has been a consistent performer all year in third grade but it felt right to finally overtake it on the ladder!

Azzurri took all 9 points to the Cranka on Ladies Day

#SurviveTheDrop

3rds 2-1
    Res 5-1
    1sts 3-0 (two Stocko sent off)

Up the Blues

The bulldogs have given themselves and Stocko a sniff at the top 4. Westlakes can’t win without the Fenner it seems..

Morisset 3-1 1st grade
    Gardo 4-0 Res

Quote Originally Posted by Windy View Post
    Morisset 3-1 1st grade
    Gardo 4-0 Res
    Lol , Garden Suburb havnt lost a lower grade game since may but their 1sts go down to Morisset today.Love this time of year when we see the clubs prepared to stack lower grades to get something out of a shite season

Quote Originally Posted by roundballsarebetter View Post
    Lol , Garden Suburb havnt lost a lower grade game since may but their 1sts go down to Morisset today.Love this time of year when we see the clubs prepared to stack lower grades to get something out of a shite season
    You're right on one thing here, our first grade has had a shite season and our lower grades are doing well to rescue something for the club. However to suggest that we have stacked our lower grades is ludicrous.

In actual fact today we had a handful of regular 3rd grade players playing reserve grade and vise versa with regular reserve grade players playing first grade for various reasons. Truth is we have strong depth through our lower grades and it's abundantly clear in first grade that we are a handful of players short from being final contenders.
    Full credit to Morisset today, we didn't show up and they took their chances.

I find your insinuations about our lower grades insulting to the 30 odd blokes that have worked hard all season to be in with a shot at finals football come the end of August. You can choose to believe what you like but I would be more then happy to provide you a copy of all our team sheets so you can go over the names personally if you like?
    Last edited by Premy; 29-07-2018 at 08:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    You're right on one thing here, our first grade has had a shite season and our lower grades are doing well to rescue something for the club. However to suggest that we have stacked our lower grades is ludicrous.

In actual fact today we had a handful of regular 3rd grade players playing reserve grade and vise versa with regular reserve grade players playing first grade for various reasons. Truth is we have strong depth through our lower grades and it's abundantly clear in first grade that we are a handful of players short from being final contenders.
    Full credit to Morisset today, we didn't show up and they took their chances.

I find your insinuations about our lower grades insulting to the 30 odd blokes that have worked hard all season to be in with a shot at finals football come the end of August. You can choose to believe what you like but I would be more then happy to provide you a copy of all our team sheets so you can go over the names personally if you like?
    First round you blokes won 7-0. Morisset must be the most improved team in the comp to come out with a 3-1 win. I wouldnt be offering teamsheets after that

No need to be defensive about it , it happens every year , clubs like to fool themselves they have had a good year if firsts fail and lower grades do something.

Its not something new
    Last edited by roundballsarebetter; 29-07-2018 at 09:33 PM.

First round you blokes won 7-0. Morisset must be the most improved team in the comp to come out with a 3-1 win. I wouldnt be offering teamsheets after that

No need to be defensive about it , it happens every year , clubs like to fool themselves they have had a good year if firsts fail and lower grades do something.

Its not something new
    No we're not trying to fool ourselves, we know full well that we have been below par in first grade and it hasn't been good enough. Today we had several players out that would have normally played first grade for various reasons. However that is far from an excuse, we fielded a team that was good enough to win today but as I stated earlier we didn't show up and Morisset took their chances that's football.

The reason why I'm being defense is because fools like you come on to a forum and discuss something they know nothing about.
    The reason why I'm being defense is because you are being highly disrespectful to my team mates with your insinuations. My oath if someone wants to be disrespectful to my mates I'll defend them.

You sound like someone who maybe a little bitter, a little bitter from possibly missing out on the finals maybe? Did our lower grades resurgence cause you to be knocked out?
    Pop that dummy back in your mouth sook.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    No we're not trying to fool ourselves, we know full well that we have been below par in first grade and it hasn't been good enough. Today we had several players out that would have normally played first grade for various reasons. However that is far from an excuse, we fielded a team that was good enough to win today but as I stated earlier we didn't show up and Morisset took their chances that's football.

The reason why I'm being defense is because fools like you come on to a forum and discuss something they know nothing about.
    The reason why I'm being defense is because you are being highly disrespectful to my team mates with your insinuations. My oath if someone wants to be disrespectful to my mates I'll defend them.

You sound like someone who maybe a little bitter, a little bitter from possibly missing out on the finals maybe? Did our lower grades resurgence cause you to be knocked out?
    Pop that dummy back in your mouth sook.
    Im sure everyone at this time of the year everyone has a giggle at clubs who somehow have very strong lower grades but 1st grade struggles ( let alone gets beat by last place ).You gotta admit it isnt a good look

Its the blokes who have been shafted to play 1st grade at exorbinant rego costs I feel sorry for.

Im sure everyone at this time of the year everyone has a giggle at clubs who somehow have very strong lower grades but 1st grade struggles ( let alone gets beat by last place ).You gotta admit it isnt a good look

Its the blokes who have been shafted to play 1st grade at exorbinant rego costs I feel sorry for.
    As I said earlier fools like you shouldn't comment on things you don't know.
    Only thing I'll admit is it looks like you are throwing your toys out of the cot
    I'M GULLIBLE!

We played Gardo the other week and it’s obvious they don’t need any first graders to make their ressies competitive they were more than good enough themselves.

Also you’d think a stacked team would be doing better than 4th place 🤔 perhaps that’s just me.

In any case we verse them last round so I’ll be sure to see how “stacked” their ressies are and ask if any of them feel shafted 😉

Played against Gardo first and ressies the other week. Know many of the guys personally. Absolutely no stacking going on. Move along ffs.