Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Zone League 1 thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Played against Gardo first and ressies the other week. Know many of the guys personally. Absolutely no stacking going on. Move along ffs.
    No stacking going on???
    Coach should be sacked ( again) then as he obviously hasnt given 1st grade their best chance of winning.

Wallsend V Uni -

Firsts - A deserved draw...both sides failed to take chances in the 6 yard box... but it was an even game.
    2 - 2

Reserves - Wallsend did well to be close...Uni didnt play at there best but did enough to win.
    1-2

Thirds - Wallsend played very well and deserved the draw, both goals coming from keeper errors rather than good field play.
    1-1

In regards to stacking.......

I reckon there are clubs who wish they had the playing roster to be able to field teams without players backing up...let alone stack teams !!

Quote Originally Posted by roundballsarebetter View Post
    No stacking going on???
    Coach should be sacked ( again) then as he obviously hasnt given 1st grade their best chance of winning.
    Or maybe you underestimate the difference in standard between Firsts/Res/Thirds? Teams like Gardo, Terrace, Cookers have always been solid right throughout the grades due to their depth. Other clubs have struggled. First grade Gardo are certainly a better side than the table suggests. Probably now coming to the end of an unhappy season in firsts with Ressies guys having much more to play for. You're drawing a long bow to just say they are "stacking". Surprise results happen all the time. It doesn't tell the full story. Stocko first grade has beaten cookers, drawn to uni, lost to fletcher and narrowly beat Morri and Gardo. Morri almost snatched a draw or even a win against us last round with 8 players backing up. Shit happens. Give credit where its due. Move on.

Or maybe you underestimate the difference in standard between Firsts/Res/Thirds? Teams like Gardo, Terrace, Cookers have always been solid right throughout the grades due to their depth. Other clubs have struggled. First grade Gardo are certainly a better side than the table suggests. Probably now coming to the end of an unhappy season in firsts with Ressies guys having much more to play for. You're drawing a long bow to just say they are "stacking". Surprise results happen all the time. It doesn't tell the full story. Stocko first grade has beaten cookers, drawn to uni, lost to fletcher and narrowly beat Morri and Gardo. Morri almost snatched a draw or even a win against us last round with 8 players backing up. Shit happens. Give credit where its due. Move on.
    Well said, mate..

Quote Originally Posted by roundballsarebetter View Post
    No stacking going on???
    Poor banter there. Suburbs Ressies were Grand Finalists last year. Not unheard of that they would stick around regardless of the price hike.
    #survivethesob

Bon can you confirm if Premy still gets angry when you put the ball into the bushes at Lance York? Just asking for a mate ahead of this weekend....

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    Bon can you confirm if Premy still gets angry when you put the ball into the bushes at Lance York? Just asking for a mate ahead of this weekend....
    I can confirm I put another in the bush a week or so ago. No insults were thrown. Premy has indeed been listening during his anger management classes and was able to breathe through his emotions. Congratulations Premy. The road to recovery is one baby step at a time.

Goosfraba
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

I can confirm I put another in the bush a week or so ago. No insults were thrown. Premy has indeed been listening during his anger management classes and was able to breathe through his emotions. Congratulations Premy. The road to recovery is one baby step at a time.
    Premy is a new man!!
    While the World Cup didn't come home for him, a new form of inner peace has.
    A radiance of love and forgiveness has replaced his usual red-mist..

It all comes down to this weekend, who will and who won’t make the special 4. The race for 4th spot will be interesting.

Maryland will be hoping Stockton can defeat a strong westlakes outfit and then they also win their last 2 games. Stockton have to win against Fenner and then defeat Wallsend but also relying on suburbs to either beat or draw with westlakes in the final round.

Very interested to see how it pans out.

3rd Grade Table is tight as ****! A win for The Real Azzurri confirms finals football for them. Cooks Hill and Uni playing each other to leapfrog Terrace (who have a Bye) a draw between them both and Azzurri win sees them up the top of table (Just for a week but it’s the novelty that counts)

3rd Grade Table is tight as ****! A win for The Real Azzurri confirms finals football for them. Cooks Hill and Uni playing each other to leapfrog Terrace (who have a Bye) a draw between them both and Azzurri win sees them up the top of table (Just for a week but it’s the novelty that counts)
    And throw in the mix it's Azzurri's FINAL game!!!!

A Draw between Uni / Cookers leaves it at 29 points a piece going into the final game of the season. Uni would have it on For and Against though. Uni with the harder draw coming up against CH and RT in their final matches.

Minor Premiers Predictions ??

Mine below but its all gonna be close.

1sts - Terrace
    Reserves - Uni
    Thirds - Uni

1sts Terrace
    Res Cookers
    3rds Cookers

Whoever was that Westlake player that spat on the Stocko bloke deserves to be rubbed out of the game for quite a while. Spitting is the lowest act of grubbery

Whoever was that Westlake player that spat on the Stocko bloke deserves to be rubbed out of the game for quite a while. Spitting is the lowest act of grubbery
    I believe Oxborrow from Magic was just suspended for spitting at a player for 5 games, after a report was made to the ref and association also with out taking in any video evidence. Was the player sent off? Or was a complaint lodged with the ref?

He was sent. After talking crap all game about how he would be playing finals and Stockton wouldn’t be, i think he may aswell join in on or silly Sunday as i don’t see him playing again this year 💁

Quote Originally Posted by Berbs View Post
    He was sent. After talking crap all game about how he would be playing finals and Stockton wouldn’t be, i think he may aswell join in on or silly Sunday as i don’t see him playing again this year 💁
    Well if he was sent for spitting then it’s a minimum 5/6 games I believe after reading some of the chat on the NPL chat. So yeah season over and a late start to next, be interesting to see if westlakes take any further action on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Well if he was sent for spitting then it’s a minimum 5/6 games I believe after reading some of the chat on the NPL chat. So yeah season over and a late start to next, be interesting to see if westlakes take any further action on the matter.
    We won’t take action. Despite it being unintentional straight red is a straight red. We will cop the mandatory and move on.