Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Zone League 1 thread

Morisset V Terrace
    Res 2-4
    1st 1-4
    Two late goals to terrace made the score look nicer. Morisset lucky not to finish with 9 already had a player sent for throwing a Terrace player after a strong but fair challenge, then later a Morisset player threw the ball at the head of a Terrace player but ref decided not to enforce that law of the game.
    Last edited by onlooker; 05-08-2018 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    3rd Grade Table is tight as ****! A win for The Real Azzurri confirms finals football for them. Cooks Hill and Uni playing each other to leapfrog Terrace (who have a Bye) a draw between them both and Azzurri win sees them up the top of table (Just for a week but it’s the novelty that counts)
    So how did this go?

Uni v Cookers:

1sts
    2 - 9 (I think) - Uni were woeful and you could tell they just want the season to end for first grade. Cookers were too good and deserved the scoreline, they played well and made good positional play and strong attack from mid field.

Reserves
    0 - 0 - A good game. Both sides had good chances and maybe cookers had a bit more of the attack and should have taken the win with an open goal shot missed.. Pretty sure that wraps up the Minor Premiership for Uni though.

3rds
    0 - 3 - Uni woeful.... Cookers very strong. Uni were playing to possibly take out the minor premiership I think ? but on that performance they will be lucky to do anything good in the finals. Cookers will be very strong in finals...they looked well drilled and had good shape.

Quote Originally Posted by roundballsarebetter View Post
    So how did this go?
    Thirds
    2-2

Reserves
    1-1

First
    0-1

westlakes3rds.JPG

Also congratz to Westlakes 3rd grade!

Wallsend V Paltsy Yesterday

First
    1 - 7

Ressies
    1 - 1

Thirds
    3 -1

Bon are you on a nudey this year?

Na he's off, got more than his good mate Dips this year too, by a long long way

Bon running nude would draw the biggest crowds the club has ever seen. Would be a bigger event than the hair cut.

Hahaha.. Nah mate. I've got a couple..
    Unless I do something idiotic against Westlakes in a fortnight, then I'm alright..
    (I was blowing up with some of the Azzurri saves made on the weekend!!)

You Suburb boys going to break some Lower Grade Azzurri hearts against the Wildcats in a fortnight???

Quote Originally Posted by beaten favourite View Post
    You Suburb boys going to break some Lower Grade Azzurri hearts against the Wildcats in a fortnight???
    Looks like sticking Steve Rospigliosi in 3rds failed then
    Last edited by roundballsarebetter; 07-08-2018 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by beaten favourite View Post
    I'm sure there are plans to make sure the first grade players are unavailable for the earlier games that weekend, so the lower grades have a good chance of winning.

Quote Originally Posted by roundballsarebetter View Post
    Looks like sticking Steve Rospigliosi is 3rds failed then
    Apparently Azzurri were short on players. Which is a little odd if you ask me as they had a full bench for third grade.

Doesn't send a good message to the blokes who have been playing 3rd grade all year, basically saying to them you don't think they are good enough to win without help from first grade players.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Apparently Azzurri were short on players. Which is a little odd if you ask me as they had a full bench for third grade.

Doesn't send a good message to the blokes who have been playing 3rd grade all year, basically saying to them you don't think they are good enough to win without help from first grade players.
    Every club is short throughout the year and blokes need to play a couple of grades but I'd have thought that ressies boys help out Thirds and you keep your First Grade starting 11 fresh. That's how we've always done it. But each to their own. Not a great look having your gun First Grade striker playing Thirds

Azzuri are the biggest joke of a club I've ever seen. Absolutely terrible club culture. Their thirds and ressies were complaining and carrying on from the first kick of the game and didn't let up for a second. More interested in complaining and trying to start fights than actually playing football. Their thirds were lucky to get away with only 5 yellows and no reds. Feel sorry for the handful of decent blokes that play there.

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RYB123 View Post
    Azzuri are the biggest joke of a club I've ever seen. Absolutely terrible club culture. Their thirds and ressies were complaining and carrying on from the first kick of the game and didn't let up for a second. More interested in complaining and trying to start fights than actually playing football. Their thirds were lucky to get away with only 5 yellows and no reds. Feel sorry for the handful of decent blokes that play there.
    Come on now. If you got to know us you'd see there's not even a handful of decent blokes.

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    Come on now. If you got to know us you'd see there's not even a handful of decent blokes.

Can confirm.

RYB talking out his ass, as usual...

😂😂