Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Zone League 1 thread

Just for clarification, what does "self funded" mean? Does this mean there are no sponsors, and all costs associated with the club are paid for out of the direct pockets of the squad & self-manned committee and have no business ties? Because if that's the case, would that mean rego for each player is astronomically high? Obviously whatever it is, it's working because the boys are happy to self-fund the club. I'm just asking this because I know there is a huge push for all clubs in Newcastle to lower their rego fees, and no clubs seem to easily be able to achieve this without business sponsors chipping in.

Genuine question - what relationship does Azzuri have with the juniors? Are the two split up into Senior & Junior clubs or is it one club? Are funds shared between the two? Is it a healthy relationship or an us vs them? When it comes to maintenance of the field and facilities, lodging requests and applications for the club, grants, all that stuff is it a combined effort on all of these things or do the two handle things seperately?

I have to agree with MonkeyK above - all clubs need to have a long hard look at themselves and compare the meteoric rise that Azzuri have been able to achieve in such a small timeframe, and compare it to what they have achieved in a lot longer time. The fact that Azzuri were able to completely bypass the entire Zone League 2 competition basically deems all ZL2 teams as defunct. Hopefully some of those clubs have a graveyard near by, so they can die with minimum amount of fuss.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    would that mean rego for each player is astronomically high?

what relationship does Azzuri have with the juniors? Are the two split up into Senior & Junior clubs or is it one club? Are funds shared between the two? Is it a healthy relationship or an us vs them? When it comes to maintenance of the field and facilities, lodging requests and applications for the club, grants, all that stuff is it a combined effort on all of these things or do the two handle things seperately?

I have to agree with MonkeyK above - all clubs need to have a long hard look at themselves and compare the meteoric rise that Azzuri have been able to achieve in such a small timeframe, and compare it to what they have achieved in a lot longer time. The fact that Azzuri were able to completely bypass the entire Zone League 2 competition basically deems all ZL2 teams as defunct. Hopefully some of those clubs have a graveyard near by, so they can die with minimum amount of fuss.
    I believe Azzurri rego would be the cheapest out of all zone league clubs... I know that it is at least $100 cheaper than Suburbs, for example.

Azzurri is very unique in the sense that the "juniors" are essentially 10 or so All Age teams and then only few teams in the U/6 -U/16 range. Our relationship with the juniors, in our unique situation, is awesome. The All Age boys all take a keen interest in our Zone League teams and will often come and support etc and vice versa. We are one club but work independently of one another..it's hard to explain, you have to be in it to see how it works.

The fact that Azzuri were able to completely bypass the entire Zone League 2 competition basically deems all ZL2 teams as defunct. Hopefully some of those clubs have a graveyard near by, so they can die with minimum amount of fuss.
    Its not so much that Z2 is defunct but the sheer speed and quaility of Azzurri recruitment caused the jump.

ZL2 is technically the Premier of the 2 grade leagues

Quote Originally Posted by the_butcher View Post
    I believe Azzurri rego would be the cheapest out of all zone league clubs... I know that it is at least $100 cheaper than Suburbs, for example.

Azzurri is very unique in the sense that the "juniors" are essentially 10 or so All Age teams and then only few teams in the U/6 -U/16 range. Our relationship with the juniors, in our unique situation, is awesome. The All Age boys all take a keen interest in our Zone League teams and will often come and support etc and vice versa. We are one club but work independently of one another..it's hard to explain, you have to be in it to see how it works.
    We at Garden Suburb try to make rego as cheap as possible. We have built a safety net in our rego so we don't have to rely on Sponsorships to cover the competition cost. The new council levy and increase in ref fees this year has also factored into an increase in rego.
    I take my hat off to you guys at Azzurris if you are able to keep the same 2017 rego cost per player considering that your club will be looking at roughly a $2000 increase on fees for 2018 before a ball is even kicked.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

That's genuinely fantastic. How do you guys manage to keep prices so low, being self funded? Are you able to answer any of the questions about the funding you had cut out of my quote or would it be better to speak to the social media manager or someone else? If you're self funded without any sponsorship backing, how do you keep costs for the players down?
    OK

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    That's genuinely fantastic. How do you guys manage to keep prices so low, being self funded? Are you able to answer any of the questions about the funding you had cut out of my quote or would it be better to speak to the social media manager or someone else? If you're self funded without any sponsorship backing, how do you keep costs for the players down?
    Crypto-funded

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    Crypto-funded
    Greatest investment of all time. So glad we did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    The new council levy.
    Whats does this amount to? does every council ground cost the same?

Garden Suburb as a club don’t add much of a club fee on top of the various association, council and ref fees to our rego. We could not cut $100 off the rego with out the club taking a hit by substantially subsidising individual player registrations in the Zone League.

Without the club fee added in, running a club, providing equipment and upgrading facilities isn’t possible.

I don’t know the difference in fees between LMCC and NCC but there is no way we could reduce our fees by $100 with out either substantial intervention by means of sponsorship directed at regos or the club having a change of policy and paying part of player regos.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Whats does this amount to? does every council ground cost the same?
    NCC and LMCC do it different I think. In Lake Mac every player has two council components added to registration, one being use of grounds for matches, the other training.

In Lake Mac there is three tiers with different costs. The majority of grounds, and all in ZL1, would fall in their 2.

The Council components per player for our grounds are;
    - $36 playing fee
    - $23 training fee
    Last edited by sammydog; 13-01-2018 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    Crypto-funded
    Greatest investment of all time. So glad we did it.
    I guess that's "I have no idea whats involved in running our club and the cost involved so I'm talking out of my arse" to PV4 question. You're more than happy to call out one club saying that you are atleast $100 cheaper than them but can't answer any questions directed to you about it?

What happens to Azzurris when the "self funded" drys up?
    What happens to Azzurris when the "bunch of mates" move on?

I've seen all to often with Grade Football in Newcastle clubs pop up quickly then die just as quickly, look no further than Beresfield this year.
    I wish you guys all the best and I hope it all works out but us at Garden Suburb measure our success in longevity and sustainability if that cost us an extra $50 on our rego then so be it because not only are we a "bunch of mates" but most importantly we're also a CLUB.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    NCC and LMCC do it different I think. In Lake Mac every player has two council components added to registration, one being use of grounds for matches, the other training.

In Lake Mac there is three tiers with different costs. The majority of grounds, and all in ZL1, would fall in their 2.

The Council components per player for our grounds are;
    - $36 playing fee
    - $23 training fee
    Geez that adds up quickly. Are these fees part of your player rego?

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Geez that adds up quickly. Are these fees part of your player rego?
    Everyone at the club has that as a part of their registration, its a per player fee. Juniors have a slightly lower Council fee, but that is a Lake Mac thing, I dont know how NCC do it. Essentially its no different to the FFA, NNSW, Macquarie components of the rego, and yes it adds up.

I guess that's "I have no idea whats involved in running our club and the cost involved so I'm talking out of my arse" to PV4 question. You're more than happy to call out one club saying that you are atleast $100 cheaper than them but can't answer any questions directed to you about it?

What happens to Azzurris when the "self funded" drys up?
    What happens to Azzurris when the "bunch of mates" move on?

I've seen all to often with Grade Football in Newcastle clubs pop up quickly then die just as quickly, look no further than Beresfield this year.
    I wish you guys all the best and I hope it all works out but us at Garden Suburb measure our success in longevity and sustainability if that cost us an extra $50 on our rego then so be it because not only are we a "bunch of mates" but most importantly we're also a CLUB.
    I too was interested in the 'self funded' model that keeps low rego fees. I now assume it means some of the blokes that play there own decent businesses and chip in decent dollars in sponsorship.

I was also interested in some of the statements about clubs with longevity at this level being 'embarrassed' if Azzurri don't get relegated. I would think those clubs that have been around forever at this level, offer junior players an option to play in the area and support women's football should be commended for their and their committee's work, as opposed to be lambasted for not having better players on their books.

As Premy said, there have been many clubs that have popped up and jumped through the leagues before fading into non existence, so some kudos should go to those clubs whose volunteers keep their clubs plugging away year in year out.

. The fact that Azzuri were able to completely bypass the entire Zone League 2 competition basically deems all ZL2 teams as defunct. Hopefully some of those clubs have a graveyard near by, so they can die with minimum amount of fuss.
    I don't know if any of the clubs in ZL2 have control over the decision made by NCC such a promotion. Obviously Azzurri put forward a pretty strong case to jump an entire division and good luck to them.
    I know my club discussed the opportunity to apply for promotion but made the call to stay where we are for now and build our squad. Not sure if that makes us defunct or aware of our capacity.

I’m at a loss with this whole “self funded” claim. All these sponsors that keep coming on board, are you guys just doing them a charity and advertising them for free? And your claim to not pay players may be true, but I don’t believe the idea of playing with mates is the sole incentive for all players to join. Definitely some other perks being offered.

You would be surprised how much of a club’s rego fee actually goes to the club. 95% of the rego is made up of council, ffa, insurance & association fees, and then the club usually puts on levy to cover power (if you have lights) and equipment. I’ve seen some clubs put in a $10 admin fee per player. We relied on sponsors to cover refs fees in previous seasons, but I know some clubs also factor this into their rego.

I polled about 25 Zone clubs a few years ago regarding rego and inclusions, and I found everything ranged between $300-$450 per player, which largely depended on inclusions such as shorts, socks, polos, jackets, warm up tops & even tracksuits.
    When I grow up, I want to be Yohan Cabaye.

lol have a cry mate

For the record, we did invest in cryptocurrency and made a killing. But yeah we have absolutely no idea whats involved in running our club, its just a fluke that we have a zillion dollars in the bank, a massive playing squad, a thousand sponsors and a ridiculously good social scene...

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    And your claim to not pay players may be true, but I don’t believe the idea of playing with mates is the sole incentive for all players to join. Definitely some other perks being offered.
    Absolutely no players are paid. There's heaps of perks though, like sick adidas tracksuits and endless good times. But the sole reason players join is because of mates/family. We don't hold any open trials and its strictly invite only.

a thousand sponsors
    Sorry, I think I was caught up in translation a bit. When you said the club was self-funded I read it as you had no sponsors ie the funds came from within. This makes a lot more sense to me now, knowing that the club do have sponsors. Thanks for clarifying.

The tracksuits sound dope.
    OK

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Sorry, I think I was caught up in translation a bit. When you said the club was self-funded I read it as you had no sponsors ie the funds came from within. This makes a lot more sense to me now, knowing that the club do have sponsors. Thanks for clarifying.

The tracksuits sound dope.
    We all make mistakes friend. Saying sorry is the first step on the road to forgiveness