Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Zone League 1 thread

1st grade match at the home of the cats abandoned in the 72nd minute due to rain, hail and lightening threatening player safety.
    1-1 the score at that time

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Results from the carpet that is smith park

Thirds
    Suburbs 1 uni 1

Ressies
    Cooks 1 Terro 0

1sts
    Azzurri 1 cooks 1

[QUOTE=la bazzle;212563]Results from the carpet that is smith park

Lets just say that it was hardly the plushest of smooth surfaces.....

With the 2 draws in place in firsts it makes for a pretty good weekend coming up !

I gather that the abandoned match stays at a draw....but what happens if the away goal comes into play in the event of a 0-0 draw ? Hardly a fair thing....

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix12 View Post
    With the 2 draws in place in firsts it makes for a pretty good weekend coming up !

I gather that the abandoned match stays at a draw....but what happens if the away goal comes into play in the event of a 0-0 draw ? Hardly a fair thing....
    Then some would say, after 160 minutes of football. The team that didn't score in the second game, didn't do enough to win over the two legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix12 View Post
    but what happens if the away goal comes into play in the event of a 0-0 draw ? Hardly a fair thing....
    But what happens if Westlakes draw 2-2 and go thru on Away goals? Terrace could argue they only had 70 minutes to score away goals, while westlakes had 90.
    You can make the same argument for or against it from each side.
    Easy way to solve it, is to score more goals than your opposition. Old fashioned I know, but that’s usually how you win.

Quote Originally Posted by DonPablo View Post
    But what happens if Westlakes draw 2-2 and go thru on Away goals? Terrace could argue they only had 70 minutes to score away goals, while westlakes had 90.
    You can make the same argument for or against it from each side.
    Yep, or that Terrace had longer with home advantage. Could be argued from either side like you say.

I'd be surprised if many people from either club would have an issue if the result from Saturday stood. The game was a decent effort from both teams and enough of it was played that I reckon it'd be fair to head into the next game at 1-1.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by DonPablo View Post
    Easy way to solve it, is to score more goals than your opposition. Old fashioned I know, but that’s usually how you win.
    Obviously its not so easy..... But i see your point :-)

Big thanks to all the Azzuri boys who came out to support Gardo last week. Look forward to seeing you all at Cookers tomorrow

Thirds
    Uni 2 - Suburb 2

Suburb through on away goals.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Reserves finished 1-1 - Cooks Hill United into the Grand Final

First Grade finished Cooks Hill 3 Azzurri 2 - Cooks Hill United into the Grand final

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour by the Cooks Hill supporters today. I was racially abused on numerous occasions. I don’t think that being called a Wog Dog is acceptable. The club should be ashamed of themselves for their behaviour after the game. We are all there to support our own clubs, not to be subjected to the abuse directed towards us.

Add to this the fact that some bald headed guy with a moustache came into our area and ripped a flare, their club needs to be sanctioned. This is completely unacceptable.
    Last edited by King_Didge; 01-09-2018 at 06:56 PM. Reason: .

I played thirds last week at Azzuri and it was obvious that no effort went into hosting the day at all.
    The sheds were a fu@king disgrace. Full of dirt , with bird shit everywhere, not even an effort to sweep out the sheds before the day. The state of the toilets around the place doesnt even warrant discussion .

Come to today , after my game I hung around to watch a friend in 1st grade. I decided to sit in the top of the grandstand after reserves with my 6month old and missus.To say the garbage , swearing and general bullshittery was disgusting and a disgrace to football would be kind.

After the 1st flare before the game the bunch of clowns decided to come up to the grandstand and let of a 2nd flare that smoked the whole grandstand out and stop the game. I should be able to take my toddler to a game of football and not have them covered in smoke from a flare to the point they were coughing. They ruined what was a great game of football

F&@king shit house club who are stuck in the past and want football to go back to the 80s and 90s.Anyone associated with that garbage I saw today should be ashamed of how they acted and what they wanted to represent

From the calibre of people there today I doubt Id get a apology

Quote Originally Posted by King_Didge View Post
    Absolutely disgraceful behaviour by the Cooks Hill supporters today. I was racially abused on numerous occasions. I don’t think that being called a Wog Dog is acceptable. The club should be ashamed of themselves for their behaviour after the game. We are all there to support our own clubs, not to be subjected to the abuse directed towards us.

Add to this the fact that some bald headed guy with a moustache came into our area and ripped a flare, their club needs to be sanctioned. This is completely unacceptable.
    You created an account just for this? You should see what it’s been like to play for he Suns the last 10 years. All part and parcel of local football mate. Bad behaviour, bits it’s just the way it is.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by roundballsarebetter View Post
    I played thirds last week at Azzuri and it was obvious that no effort went into hosting the day at all.
    The sheds were a fu@king disgrace. Full of dirt , with bird shit everywhere, not even an effort to sweep out the sheds before the day. The state of the toilets around the place doesnt even warrant discussion .

Come to today , after my game I hung around to watch a friend in 1st grade. I decided to sit in the top of the grandstand after reserves with my 6month old and missus.To say the garbage , swearing and general bullshittery was disgusting and a disgrace to football would be kind.

After the 1st flare before the game the bunch of clowns decided to come up to the grandstand and let of a 2nd flare that smoked the whole grandstand out and stop the game. I should be able to take my toddler to a game of football and not have them covered in smoke from a flare to the point they were coughing. They ruined what was a great game of football

F&@king shit house club who are stuck in the past and want football to go back to the 80s and 90s.Anyone associated with that garbage I saw today should be ashamed of how they acted and what they wanted to represent

From the calibre of people there today I doubt Id get a apology
    I know a few of Azzurri’s first graders and they are top blokes, it’s the blokes that aren’t good enough to play firsts and try to involve themselves from the sidelines that bring the club down, I felt sorry for those kids In the stands and also the parents and friends of the cookers players that were continually being abused. Very disappointing for the competition

Azzuri were already warned by the association about Flares. Wouldn't be surprised if action was taken against the club.

King Didge bags CH only to be brought down by CH. XRanger is on the money, it's the "not good enoughs" who bring them down. They have done remarkably well as a club zl3 to zl1 as CH did 5 yrs ago but their lesser players have big mouths that could do with some education.

I had my first Azzurri experience last week, and whilst the football was good. that is about the only compliments I can give the experience. The carry on from the sidelines was embarrassing and some really need to pull their heads in. But from the sounds of it my experience was tame compared to this weeks.

Stick to playing football not football hooligans.

Stick to being an onlooker I reckon

Quote Originally Posted by XRanger View Post
    I know a few of Azzurri’s first graders and they are top blokes, it’s the blokes that aren’t good enough to play firsts and try to involve themselves from the sidelines that bring the club down, I felt sorry for those kids In the stands and also the parents and friends of the cookers players that were continually being abused. Very disappointing for the competition
    That's are very accurate of the Azzurri club. To those in charge, pull your peanut gallery in to line as it's giving the club a terrible reputation. Fair call it's the guy's that aren't in first grade that carry on. If your club don't pull them into line then surely newcastle football should.