Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Zone League 2 thread

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Easier for some teams to keep climbing because their numbers will only cover 2 grades? Maybe more clubs could enter if not needing a 3rd grade till ZPL. And paying big rego to run in 3rds is pretty ridic. Rather play 1sts in a grade lower.

In mentioning these "maybes" I wouldnt want clubs to lose a close knit 3rds team. sucked when 3rds went to 23's a few years back.
    You would then just create the same problem we have now between ZL2 to ZL1 and shift it to ZL1 to ZPL.
    I can't speak for other clubs but if we were to lose our 3rd grade it would hurt us big time, as many of our "clubmen" play there. This year we have had 65+ people show up to training, fortunately we have been able to form an All age side which is essentially our 4th grade.

I understand every club faces different factors into finding enough players due to various reasons but getting rid of 3rd grade in ZL1 would only be detrimental to the Zone Leagues. If anything it would be best to maybe try to slowy integrate 3rd into ZL2 over a few years.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post

I understand every club faces different factors into finding enough players due to various reasons but getting rid of 3rd grade in ZL1 would only be detrimental to the Zone Leagues. If anything it would be best to maybe try to slowy integrate 3rd into ZL2 over a few years.

Agreed - Why punish one club because another can't attract players? Maybe look at why they can't get players in the first place......

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    You would then just create the same problem we have now between ZL2 to ZL1 and shift it to ZL1 to ZPL.
    I can't speak for other clubs but if we were to lose our 3rd grade it would hurt us big time, as many of our "clubmen" play there. This year we have had 65+ people show up to training, fortunately we have been able to form an All age side which is essentially our 4th grade.

I personally think the whole structure needs reassessing.

Why not less clubs with more grades? Similar to local grade cricket.
    or
    Why not 2 grades from ZPL down? Why do ZPL need 3 grades. Whats the difference between ZPL 3rd grade and ZL3 1st grade?

There would be plenty of other ways to set it up that would have just as much chance as working as the current system which doesn't seem to be working for clubs.
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

In the end it needs to come back to how it should have been originally, the 3 associations joining together to help the smaller clubs in ZL2 & 3 build their systems and skill development so they can grow as a club in size and skill and be able to get the results to earn promotion into ZL1 and beyond.
    In the meantime, it means there will be more AA sides at a higher level, which makes their competitions more meaningful, and helps the health of the clubs throughout the entire NNSWF area.

It ain't rocket science, but someone seems to think it is...

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    I personally think the whole structure needs reassessing.

1. Why not less clubs with more grades? Similar to local grade cricket.
    or
    2. Why not 2 grades from ZPL down? Why do ZPL need 3 grades. Whats the difference between ZPL 3rd grade and ZL3 1st grade?

There would be plenty of other ways to set it up that would have just as much chance as working as the current system which doesn't seem to be working for clubs.

I was thinking along the lines of point 2. I'd rather see more clubs in ZL's and less filling 3rds. Pretty sure 3rds could go AA if needed without needing therapy and still cook a bbq.

Maybe Suburb need a Newfm or ZPL and ZL3 if their so full
    Last edited by hawk; 11-03-2018 at 06:15 PM.

Merewether getting beaten 3-2 by Toronto from Newfm is impressive if it's the case

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Merewether getting beaten 3-2 by Toronto from Newfm is impressive if it's the case
    They had a fair few guys from their firsts team out I was told. Was a stinking hot arvo for playing.

Quote Originally Posted by DonPablo View Post
    So in 1 foz u say we have to many AA teams, then here you suggest we kick 3rds to AA?

i eat bags
    1. Where did I mention too many AA?

2. If there were more clubs in ZL AA wouldnt grow at the expense of some 3rds dropping, sorry going across to AA

ffs 2 many tards
    Last edited by hawk; 18-03-2018 at 08:07 AM.

Alright moving on

Why is it difficult to keep teams in this div? Only 2 grades etc. Is AA just much easier?

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Alright moving on

Why is it difficult to keep teams in this div? Only 2 grades etc. Is AA just much easier?
    Volunteers are the issue with an all age team you dont need any you turn up and play the club has normally shut the canteen by then all you do is pack the ground up. With ZL side you need to set up, pack up run a canteen and need duty officers young kids these days are to good to help volunteer and run a club

No action here for a while???
    Predictions after the trials and ffa results?

I predict a long winter for some of these teams hey.

My other predctions,not in any order. Or is it????

Simba
    Olympic
    Merweathers
    Bald Eagles
    Charleston
    Kahibah
    Bye
    Nelsons Bay

Don’t you worry about The Bay.
    You’ll hear The Pirates song many times this year.

Res
    Olympic 1 J.Kitcher
    Kahibah 2 N.McCallister C.Swift

1st Grade
    Olympic 3 M.Stassi 2 D.Burchill
    Kahibah 1 L.Keeping

Quote Originally Posted by Swanky View Post
    Res
    Olympic 1 J.Kitcher
    Kahibah 2 N.McCallister C.Swift

1st Grade
    Olympic 3 M.Stassi 2 D.Burchill
    Kahibah 1 L.Keeping
    and the red card count..............?

Quote Originally Posted by Charman View Post
    and the red card count..............?
    1st Grade
    Kahibah 2 Olympic 1

Ressies
    0-0

Hi All,
    Please note that with the move to Novocastrian Park, New Lambton FC now do not have a liquor licence for our ZL2 Match Days. We are more than happy for opposing teams and supporters bring along their own beers (our rad sponsor the Blackbutt Hotel has a bottle-o just up the road), but make sure they are in cans as we are not permitted to have glass at the ground (like all sporting fields). Duty Officers will be on hand to ensure there are no glass bottles.
    Last edited by idontwannaplaywithhowey; 09-04-2018 at 04:06 PM.

Hamilton Olympic v Merewether Advance has been moved from Islington to Darling St today

Hunter Simba are a joke to Newcastle football. Game abandoned against Merewether due to a player trying to fight a referee after a red card from a headbutt. Bench Players trying to fight merewether staff this isnt the first incident i’ve seen from this club. There isnt a place for it in our comp. immature, Disgusting behaviour

Quote Originally Posted by aidos View Post
    Hunter Simba are a joke to Newcastle football. Game abandoned against Merewether due to a player trying to fight a referee after a red card from a headbutt. Bench Players trying to fight merewether staff this isnt the first incident i’ve seen from this club. There isnt a place for it in our comp. immature, Disgusting behaviour
    stupid crazy