Thread: 2018 Zone League 3 thread

Results today? Who's in the box seat?

West wallsend v Maitland
    Firsts 2-1 Maitland

Reserves
    Dudley v west wallsend
    Dudley 1-0

Both games open for all teams.

was a good weekend of football with all grades and games still in for a fighting chance this weekend

Congratulations to west wallsend and Maitland for making grand finals in reserves and firsts respectively yesterday.
    West wallsend too good for us, we were very poor and didn't adjust to the windy conditions at all. But no excuses, apart from our win last week west wallsend were way too good for us in reserves this year.

I thought if westy played a shorter quicker game they could have had more success against Maitland in firsts. In saying that the chances they missed in the first half came back to haunt them. Maitland through to gf

Grand Final Week

Surely Bolwarra are favorites to take out both grades and do a double double

Reserve 3-1 Bolwarra
    First 3-1 Bolwarra

Quote Originally Posted by Cunning stunts View Post
    Grand Final Week

Surely Bolwarra are favorites to take out both grades and do a double double

Reserve 3-1 Bolwarra
    First 3-1 Bolwarra
    Agree in firsts, bolwarra possibly 2-0 or 2-1.
    Reserves west wallsend my tip maybe 2-1

Bolwarra minor/major prems in 1st. Congratulations and good luck in L2. Easily the standout team this year. Hopefully we see you again in 2020!

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    Agree in firsts, bolwarra possibly 2-0 or 2-1.
    Reserves west wallsend my tip maybe 2-1
    Was correct with my winner predictions. Bolwarra clearly the best team this year, yeah true other teams could match them on their day. But bolwarra were consistent, no other team can say that.

West wallsend had the attacking weapons that could break the bolwarra defence in reserves. I thought they were specials to win the gf and it ended up that way.

Football finished for 2018, bring on next year. Im hearing 3-4 new clubs interested. Possibly shortland, greta branxton, tilligerry and south cardiff juniors whose name has popped up the last few years.

Football finished for 2018, bring on next year. Im hearing 3-4 new clubs interested. Possibly shortland, greta branxton, tilligerry and south cardiff juniors whose name has popped up the last few years.
    Good I’m looking for a new club did try and get things happening at an old club that didn’t work. Might have to keep an eye on the development at branxton.

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Good I’m looking for a new club did try and get things happening at an old club that didn’t work. Might have to keep an eye on the development at branxton.
    Onlooker, not sure where you live but I assume around maitland, I think lochinvar are interested in zone league as well, may be a closer option for you

We will be putting in an application from Minmi aswell

So we could have a 10 team comp in 2019? That's really promising for the leagues future.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I think lochinvar are interested in zone league as well, may be a closer option for you
    Would hope they spend a few dollars upgrading their grounds if they do. Club has a great set-up and from what I've heard are doing a lot of good things but f*ck me that field is like playing on concrete.

Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    Would hope they spend a few dollars upgrading their grounds if they do. Club has a great set-up and from what I've heard are doing a lot of good things but f*ck me that field is like playing on concrete.
    Entry condition to ZL3, concrete grounds are a prerequisite, or they were this year!

Entry condition to ZL3, concrete grounds are a prerequisite, or they were this year!
    We don’t usually have concrete, but we do run on a slight slope side to side

Onlooker, not sure where you live but I assume around maitland, I think lochinvar are interested in zone league as well, may be a closer option for you
    Yeah I do live around the maitland area, travel don’t worry me too much spent 2 years at the Terrace which may not seem far but when you spend the majority of your football time living 5 mins away from the ground it felt like driving to Sydney for training 😂.
    I did hear about Lochinvar but seems like there will be plenty of options which is great. Might have to have a look at them all and see who has the softest grass to dive on!

Quote Originally Posted by Charman View Post
    So we could have a 10 team comp in 2019? That's really promising for the leagues future.
    The competition needs to grow to at least 8 club's. The competition is getting much more competitive and is a much more attractive alternate then all age football. It appears more referees have made the switch to zone league football.
    It would be great if we could get the zone league competition up to 40 clubs that are sustainable, year in and out.

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
    We will be putting in an application from Minmi aswell
    Minmi? Tell us about the application? A couple of all age teams merged? Im guessing there is a ground at minmi?

Next year will be Dudley's 6th year in the competition. In all we are regretting not making the move earlier. Certainly better football then all age.

Minmi? Tell us about the application? A couple of all age teams merged? Im guessing there is a ground at minmi?
    We play A grade all age this year, local guys that dropped back from zone leagues mostly to get the team started. The field is Minmi oval, nothing spectacular but grass stays green all year and no cricket pitch on the field which is good.

We played against a very strong Dudley side this year it would be good to get any of those guys as fill ins if short on numbers for a week

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
    We play A grade all age this year, local guys that dropped back from zone leagues mostly to get the team started. The field is Minmi oval, nothing spectacular but grass stays green all year and no cricket pitch on the field which is good.

We played against a very strong Dudley side this year it would be good to get any of those guys as fill ins if short on numbers for a week
    You guys will be contenders in zone league 3 for sure. If you look at the teams that have come from all age A over the last few year, they have all performed well. Argenton were extreamly dominant in all age A and were extremely successful in league 2 and 3. From what Im aware, Bolwarra joined with an All Age A and B teams. They have made the finals in all 3 years they have been in. I guess it should be the progression from all age A to zone League 3.

As far as the Dudley all age A team goes. Yes, it is a very good team. Alot of ZPL and new fm experience in that team. But they aren't associated with us, they are with the Dudley senior club which operates the ZPL team. We are based out of Redhead