Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Zone League 3 thread

Quote Originally Posted by Brown town View Post
    Heard a rumour that Dudley are in trouble with player numbers. Any true to that?
    28 locked in firm. Talking with 3 others. One guy left as he couldn't stay true. Just picked up a major sponsor as well. On top of that we have a pretty fair U/18's team we plan on tapping into where required. Dudley all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Brown town View Post
    Heard a rumour that Dudley are in trouble with player numbers. Any true to that?
    Been a testing pre-season on the player front, But looking positive now. Was looking very shaky two weeks ago, but some recent signing have given us a solid foundation. Lots of pre-season injuries have made the trials and FFA cup games challenging. But realistically we have kept the majority of our first grade squad and have added a few others.
    Interesting that news has made it around other clubs??

Quote Originally Posted by Charman View Post
    28 locked in firm. Talking with 3 others. One guy left as he couldn't stay true. Just picked up a major sponsor as well. On top of that we have a pretty fair U/18's team we plan on tapping into where required. Dudley all good.
    You leave those kids alone

you also have a Friday Night All age team that you could use players if required don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Cunning stunts View Post
    you also have a Friday Night All age team that you could use players if required don't you?
    We do, we also have another 5 all age teams. There is plenty of players out there, but the problem is that they want to play all age. The next 12 months is huge for the future of zone league 2 and zone league 3. We need to find a way for guys to want to play zone league football. Currently all age football is much cheaper to play, there is the main issue. Make it cheaper, guys will play zone league.

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    We do, we also have another 5 all age teams. There is plenty of players out there, but the problem is that they want to play all age. The next 12 months is huge for the future of zone league 2 and zone league 3. We need to find a way for guys to want to play zone league football. Currently all age football is much cheaper to play, there is the main issue. Make it cheaper, guys will play zone league.
    Rego at our club isn't much different. I reckon the main difference for guys at our club is commitment to training, playing Friday night as opposed to chewing up majority of Saturday, and more game day responsibilities. Some players possibly also don't enjoy the challenge of playing at a higher / more formal level.

Price to me isn't any different. i played allage a few years back and Paid 400 with no gear and now playing ZPL3 and pay $400 with gear

just a few changes i would like to see that i think will make the comps stronger and interesting for the people player ALL age

let clubs choose to play Friday night games more like Maitland Fc if they want there home games to be a Friday night.
    allow 40 players to be registered

and the big one for me is make the lowest grade of the competition (E.g reserve for ZPL3 and ZPL2) unlimited interchange or 3 per half. for me this is the big one because as a player you don't want to be playing if your going to get 10 mins a week

and the big one for me is make the lowest grade of the competition (E.g reserve for ZPL3 and ZPL2) unlimited interchange or 3 per half. for me this is the big one because as a player you don't want to be playing if your going to get 10 mins a week[/QUOTE]

BANG ON! Was suggested by a very clever individual 2 years in a row. NO was the answer. Anyway......round and round the mulberry bush we go.

I was under the impression we could ‘request’ any day to play? Whether that be fri, sat or sun and the association would go with what we requested? Friday nights at Maitland is always good fun.

I also think we can register as many players as we want? When we enquired as too how many players we can register we were told that the maximum player numbers is a guideline? Don’t think the association is in a position to say no to players. They pretty much said if you feel you can manage 40 players then good luck to you.

I’m a fan of substitution not unlimited interchange. Coming from all age I felt it was a positive change to go away from unlimited interchange. Added another element to the gameday. In saying that we have heaps of fat blokes that would be all for unlimited interchange.

I think the main thing association needs to do is go to every interdistrict club, sit down with committees, coaches, players and sell the comp to them. Answer the questions. Work with clubs. Yeh I know that’s hard work but if the association genuinely want this comp to survive it’s going to take abit of effort.

When we decided to go from all age to Zone league we had our 3 all age teams sit down and have a big discussion and there was definately different opinions on what people wanted to do. We worked out pros/cons and questions we wanted then contacted Zone League clubs and asked them our queries and reservations. Safe to say 2 years on we think it was a good move.

It’s a good comp with good potential it is just run and administrated badly.

Completely agree with it should be limited subs in first grade. but in the lowest grade it should be unlimited or limited to 3 a half.

witht he capped rego of player we were recently told we could only rego 35? can someone on here confirm we can do more?

This will be Dudley's 5th year in competition. This year has been the most disappointing start to them all, 6 teams is not enough. But unfortunately as the ZPL has became bigger and better the bottom two divisions have gone backwards.
    This year is a real important year, I think clubs and the association need to work together to improve zL2 and Zl3. We basically need players to choose zone league rather then all age. Fees need to be capped by the federation, so that all clubs roughly charge the same amounts. There appears to be too big of a spread in fees charged by clubs when we all play the same game.
    I would like to see more players that stop playing higher divisions or that cant make it in higher divisions move back to lower zone league clubs instead of playing all age. Thats been a big issue this year. Thats why zone league 3 clubs are struggling and its getting harder to get all age players to step up full time. As with our club its more expensive, by $50. Some are higher. This year might be the year when as club officials we sit down as a collective with association and look at strategies to help. The association are flexible and do a good job , but we all can help.

This will be Dudley's 5th year in competition. This year has been the most disappointing start to them all, 6 teams is not enough. But unfortunately as the ZPL has became bigger and better the bottom two divisions have gone backwards.
    This year is a real important year, I think clubs and the association need to work together to improve zL2 and Zl3. We basically need players to choose zone league rather then all age. Fees need to be capped by the federation, so that all clubs roughly charge the same amounts. There appears to be too big of a spread in fees charged by clubs when we all play the same game.
    I would like to see more players that stop playing higher divisions or that cant make it in higher divisions move back to lower zone league clubs instead of playing all age. Thats been a big issue this year. Thats why zone league 3 clubs are struggling and its getting harder to get all age players to step up full time. As with our club its more expensive, by $50. Some are higher. This year might be the year when as club officials we sit down as a collective with association and look at strategies to help. The association are flexible and do a good job , but we all can help.
    There's already plenty of players that have played higher levels that are playing in zone leagues. Where players go when they decide to take a step back from the higher levels has little to do with the comp (imo) and more to do with where they live, the time they are willing to commit and their personal preferences (ie if they already have half a dozen good mates playing in a team somewhere).

Personally I think you are fixating on rego fees too much, these are somewhat under the club's control - and if people are willing to drop from zone league to all age to save $30-$50 over a season, I think there's other issues there.

Good post by Ranger, and think if more clubs with a few all age teams had these discussions and dialogues between teams and club, more could be achieved.

While I feel for the guys in ZL3 who are playing in a thinned out comp and understand this is frustrating, I think you are somewhat laying the blame at the wrong feet by saying the association needs to provide [incentive for] more teams for the comp. No doubt it could do more work in addressing concerns of big clubs who are not fielding teams in the zone leagues and approaching them to ask why. But things as simple as a rule change here or there or saying regos are too high is not the answer. For every rule change you make that someone agrees with, there will be the same number of people against it and you won't find a one size fits all approach. Clubs with all age teams and no ZL teams should be asking members of those teams - "Are you interested in progressing this club further and being a part of this (by joining into the ZL system) - if not, why not?" And seeing what actual concerns they have (this will be different for each team, although common themes may arise), as some will be able to be addressed easily.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I was told that AA is governed the same way as juniors, rather than Zone league.
    ie juniors, all age, o35s all sit under the same banner. Whereas zone league is a different category.

My personal experience has seen this as one reason for the lack of exposure to zl options.

Half the clubs are run the same way across all teams, inclusive of AA, so the change to ZL requires a new approach, and often new volunteers to handle the increased workload.
    I think a good number of clubs are run with the ‘seniors vs juniors’ approach where it’s conflicting parties, under the same roof, playing different rules, trying to reach common ground. And there are more than enough horror stories to keep these ‘junior’ clubs from wanting to make the step up to Zone league.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I was under the impression we could ‘request’ any day to play? Whether that be fri, sat or sun and the association would go with what we requested? Friday nights at Maitland is always good fun.

I also think we can register as many players as we want? When we enquired as too how many players we can register we were told that the maximum player numbers is a guideline? Don’t think the association is in a position to say no to players. They pretty much said if you feel you can manage 40 players then good luck to you.

I’m a fan of substitution not unlimited interchange. Coming from all age I felt it was a positive change to go away from unlimited interchange. Added another element to the gameday. In saying that we have heaps of fat blokes that would be all for unlimited interchange.

I think the main thing association needs to do is go to every interdistrict club, sit down with committees, coaches, players and sell the comp to them. Answer the questions. Work with clubs. Yeh I know that’s hard work but if the association genuinely want this comp to survive it’s going to take abit of effort.

When we decided to go from all age to Zone league we had our 3 all age teams sit down and have a big discussion and there was definately different opinions on what people wanted to do. We worked out pros/cons and questions we wanted then contacted Zone League clubs and asked them our queries and reservations. Safe to say 2 years on we think it was a good move.

It’s a good comp with good potential it is just run and administrated badly.
    Name and shame the fat blokes!!!

But for us it has been the best decision we have ever made. The yr before we joined our 3 aa teams had terrible seasons with terrible numbers. Now we have been able to have solid numbers for the past 3 seasons and have been able to keep our rego at a great price compared to other clubs by the sounds of.

Huge yr for zpl2/3. It needs to stay and hopefully grow in numbers again.

From one of the fat blokes

This, particularly with rego costs.

plus, ive seen these grades undeservedly get put down a bit. Need to speak it up and give it more cred so its a step up from AA. Not only will players be more committed but hopefully will help with all the extra volunteer stuff and get a stable club culture going.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    ive seen these grades undeservedly get put down a bit. Need to speak it up and give it more cred so its a step up from AA. Not only will players be more committed but hopefully will help with all the extra volunteer stuff and get a stable club culture going.
    THIS. !!!!

Mi amigo es muy inteligente!!!!

Could we get match highlights and accompany them with benny hill music??

But in all seriousness.
    What do amigos e amigas think about creating a ZONE LEAGUE site?
    Or a Facebook page that purely reports Zone League results?? Exposure is non existent below newfm and npl. ZPL gets exposure as it has lots of good players but no one hears boo about the next 3 divisions.
    Perhaps we could start PabloSports.com and be like that other site )spewysports( that ignores us plebs, but just do it......better????

Build it and they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by DonPablo View Post
    But in all seriousness.
    What do amigos e amigas think about creating a ZONE LEAGUE site?
    Or a Facebook page that purely reports Zone League results?? Exposure is non existent below newfm and npl. ZPL gets exposure as it has lots of good players but no one hears boo about the next 3 divisions.
    Perhaps we could start PabloSports.com and be like that other site )spewysports( that ignores us plebs, but just do it......better????

Build it and they will come.
    good idea, newysports should change his name to 2hdsports or ilovecookers..........

It has been built.
    Lets make them come.
    https://facebook.com/zoneleaguefootballnnsw
    In their pants.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    you could always talk to Furns about posting articles or whatever on this godforsaken website

it's not just these idiotic forums we all pollute with our bullshit, there's a whole website out there

http://www.newcastlefootball.net/home/