Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Zone League 3 thread

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    What were the westy v Maitland juniors scores?
    2-0 ressies
    2-0 first i believe

Tips for round 3?

Maitland Fc vs Maitland Jnr - Ressies draw - first Maitland Jnr (local derby always a good contest think Jnrs are one of the top teams going on FFA cup results and results so far)
    Dudley vs Medowie - Ressies draw - First Medowie (Medowie with a surprise result against the short price favorites of the competition last week think they could be too strong for Dudley)
    Bolwarra V Westy - Ressies Bolwarra - first Draw ( Will be a good day of football i suspect here but i couldn't split them going off the opening two rounds)

Let's get scores posted for all games.
    Dudley v medowie.
    Res 4-1
    1st 0-2.
    Dudley with 6 out, Medowie with 6 backing up. Good win for those fellas. They are a pretty decent team.

Maitland FC vs Maitland Jnr

Res 1-1
    First 2-3 Maitland Jnr with the win. ( was a good hard faught local derby with Maitland Fc having a bloke sent off after 20 mins

Did the Bluebells actually complain about excess noise/carry-on at Bolwarra?

Bolwarra v Dudley
    Firsts 2-1 bolwarra
    Reserves 6-0 bolwarra

Bolwarra clearly the benchmark in this competition across both grades. They have sent the challenge down to everyone to get to their standard.
    As for Dudley, difficult afternoon with 12 players unavailable. But good second half for first grade shown that a result is not too far away.
    So far this season Dudley has had referees in all 4 games, it's good to see. All our games have been really competitive but played in a good spirit, Which is really good. Now it's time to start getting some points.

Maitland Vs West Wallsend

Ressies 3-1 westy
    First 1-0 westy. good hard match with us missing alot of chances on goal and westy taking one of there only chances

Quote Originally Posted by Cunning stunts View Post
    Maitland Vs West Wallsend

Ressies 3-1 westy
    First 1-0 westy. good hard match with us missing alot of chances on goal and westy taking one of there only chances
    The better team won on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Us out WEST View Post
    The better team won on the day.
    Each to there own opinion. Westy Did take there chances. Still have 3 more times to play each other

Quote Originally Posted by Cunning stunts View Post
    Each to there own opinion. Westy Did take there chances. Still have 3 more times to play each other
    I think there’s a chance we play use 6 times this Year. That’s us on a bad day and use couldn’t get a point. With the Squad we have, we won’t be dropping many more points in either Grade.

I think there’s a chance we play use 6 times this Year. That’s us on a bad day and use couldn’t get a point. With the Squad we have, we won’t be dropping many more points in either Grade.
    Funny when blokes come on this forum and paint a target on their clubs back , certain club members from a ZL1 good at it aswell

Quote Originally Posted by roundballsarebetter View Post
    Funny when blokes come on this forum and paint a target on their clubs back , certain club members from a ZL1 good at it aswell
    I’m not painting a Target. Nothing like a bit of confidence, just like our brothers in blue. We are back into the easy part of the draw. Bolwarra is our biggest test after seeing them the other week. We are keen to get at them again and think it will be a different result.

This weeks fixtures

Maitland FC Vs Medowie - Maitland Ressies Draw First

Dudley Vs West Wallsend - Westy both grades

Maitland Jnr Vs Bolwarra- Bolwarra both grades

I’m not painting a Target. Nothing like a bit of confidence, just like our brothers in blue. We are back into the easy part of the draw. Bolwarra is our biggest test after seeing them the other week. We are keen to get at them again and think it will be a different result.
    I dont think you can campare yourselves to azzurri at all. What have you won?? Really, seriously your west wallsend juniors. No big name and definitely no reputation. Respect is earned not given. Im pretty sure teams will look at bolwarra as the team to beat. West wallsend look to be just another team, although they do appear to be good across both grades.

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    I dont think you can campare yourselves to azzurri at all. What have you won?? Really, seriously your west wallsend juniors. No big name and definitely no reputation. Respect is earned not given. Im pretty sure teams will look at bolwarra as the team to beat. West wallsend look to be just another team, although they do appear to be good across both grades.
    The only thing I compared to Azzurri was our confidence. We have won as much as they had at this time last year. The Bolwarra results were 1-0 2nd Grade and 2-0 1st Grade, the goals were 2 set pieces. We play them another 3 times and believe we will turn around those results. Making us the top of the table in both Grades and I’m confident both teams will be there Grand Final day.

The only thing I compared to Azzurri was our confidence. We have won as much as they had at this time last year. The Bolwarra results were 1-0 2nd Grade and 2-0 1st Grade, the goals were 2 set pieces. We play them another 3 times and believe we will turn around those results. Making us the top of the table in both Grades and I’m confident both teams will be there Grand Final day.
    Goals are goals no matter how you deal with it. Bolwarra have always been strong at set pieces. reality is bolwarra are top of the table for a reason.

Maitland Fc vs Medowie
    Ressies 2-1 Maitland
    First 1-0 Maitland

Dudley v West Wallzurri
    res 1-5
    1st 0-3
    Tough start for the lads this year. Don't write em' off yet. New squad, new coach. It'll all click shortly and they will be a force!

Big week coming up for the comp with 3 games in about week for teams. i know Maitland Fc play Saturday, Tuesday & Friday
    This weekend
    Dudley Vs Maitland jnrs - Maitland Jnrs both grades
    Bolwarra Vs Maitland Fc - Bolwarra both grades
    Medowie Vs Westy - Westy Both Grades

some shock results this weekend. but a quick turn around for some teams. Dudley Getting the win over the Juniors and Maitland Jagging the Win against Bolwarra makes for a Tight comp with Westy moving to the top of the table

Maitland Vs Westy - Draw both grades
    Dudley Vs Bolwarra - moved to next week i have heard
    Maitland Jnr Vs Medowie - Juniors to bounce back and win both grades