Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Zone League 3 thread

Some Good match ups this weekend.

Medowie Vs Dudley - Dudley in form in first grade and depending on how medowie are traveling with numbers could be a long day out at medowie

Maitland Jnr Vs Maitland Fc - Local derby is always a good match. Maitland Jnrs coming of huge results against Westy & Maitalnd Fc looking to bounce back in first from a disappointing end after a few really good results

Westy Vs Bolwarra - has to be match of the round being top of the table clash in both grades - Westy to try and bounce back as well as Bolwarra with both sides conceding 1-0 lost to the two Maitland clubs the last time they played (taking out the forfeit from Medowie)

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    A draw for westy Res and a lose for westy first. After claims of “heading into the easy part of the draw “and “won’t be dropping many more points”. That’s pretty early to drop 5 points after making bold claims.
    I didn’t say we won’t drop anymore points. Judge it at the end of the season. We are allowed an off day. Still confident we finish top in Both Grades.

Dudley v bolwarra
    Firsts
    Bolwarra 4-0

Reserves
    Bolwarra 3-0

Having 5 players dropping out of squad for work and sickness on the day provided extra challenges.

I know the feeling we had 4 drop out just before the game and only had 22 players for the night. Hence no subs made in reggies. Super effort from one of our boys playing pretty much 2 full games after the early injury in 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Brown town View Post
    I know the feeling we had 4 drop out just before the game and only had 22 players for the night. Hence no subs made in reggies. Super effort from one of our boys playing pretty much 2 full games after the early injury in 1st.
    Yeah that's a great effort, especially to get a good win. I thought scoreline would be really close but it probably shows the areas and players we need available to challenge you guys. I still think that we will be at our best at the back end of the season.
    But for us Bolwarra the benchmark in both grades. Westy are pretty solid too.

Medowie v Dudley
    First grade
    Medowie 2-1,
    Good game, Dudley pushed real hard for an equaliser but medowie defended well.
    Reserves
    Dudley 6-0,
    Dudley romped home in the end as medowie tired.

Credit to medowie for fielding 2 teams, Their first grade team is a good team that really work hard for each other. Appear to have good team spirit and have some dangerous players.
    Medowie reserves appeared to be a patched up team consisting of many all age and over 35 players. They worked hard and had a real crack for 60 minutes until they tired.
    Medowie is a good place to go and play soccer, they are a good bunch of guys and I hope they can finish the season in both grades without having to forfeit any more games. I hope that the all age guys at the club (4 teams) can help the club stay in zone league football. As this competition can't afford to loose anymore teams, considering medowie has a competitive first grade team.

Maitland Jnr V Maitland Fc

was actually a pretty good day out for football with the derby played in good spirits

2-2 draw in ressies 1-0 for most of the match then it went goal for goal pretty much back to back

first grade 3-2 Maitland Fc getting the points this week

this comp is going to be tight nearly every game you play (specially first grade) if you don't turn up on the day you will get beat as we have seen already in the comp

Westy v bolwarra score?

Saw something

Ressies 2-1 westy
    first 2-0 Bolwarra

i think

Quote Originally Posted by Cunning stunts View Post
    Saw something

Ressies 2-1 westy
    first 2-0 Bolwarra

i think
    2 set pieces again, westy really unlucky again?

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    2 set pieces again, westy really unlucky again?
    Gee their unlucky a bit. Or just not as good as they have been talking up

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Gee their unlucky a bit. Or just not as good as they have been talking up
    Haters going to hate. No mention of us knocking over The unbeaten Bolwarra Reseve Grade?

Quote Originally Posted by Us out WEST View Post
    Haters going to hate. No mention of us knocking over The unbeaten Bolwarra Reseve Grade?
    You'll find, the only grade that matters in most Zone comps is first grade.

Only method of promotion is first grade...

this weeks games

Maitland Vs Westy
    First result can go anyway tip Draw
    Ressies i think Westy might be the team to beat this year so Westy the Tip

Dudely Vs Bolwarra
    Think Bolwarra will be too strong both grades

Maitland Jnr Vs Medowie
    First it all depends on who is available tip Maitland Jnrs
    Ressies think Maitland Jnrs will get the points

The haters never made the bold prediction of not dropping any more points earlier in the year. A case of maybe paying the rest of the comp little respect

Maitland vs westy

Ressies
    7-2 Westy

First
    4-2 Maitland

Quote Originally Posted by Cunning stunts View Post
    Maitland vs westy

Ressies
    7-2 Westy

First
    4-2 Maitland
    Westy are dropping points now the grinds on. #tougherthanexpected

I think there’s a chance we play use 6 times this Year. That’s us on a bad day and use couldn’t get a point. With the Squad we have, we won’t be dropping many more points in either Grade.
    They won a game since this?

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    Dudley v bolwarra
    Firsts
    Bolwarra 4-0

Reserves
    Bolwarra 3-0
    It occurred to me that this result is missing from my Zone Football page on Facebook. If anyone knows the scorers, can you message me here or send the page a message on Facebook? Our super popular golden boot tally depends on having all the goalscorers!!!

Dudley v bolwarra
    Firsts 2-0 bolwarra
    Reserves 3-0

Reasonably competitive games, reserve grade closer then the score suggests. Dudley again had 8 players missing, which is basically suicidal against a team that is cruising towards promotion.