Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 All Age/Over 35s/pub league thread

Hey lads, us boys at Minmi are looking to host a trial game on sunday, if anybody is interested send me a PM

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    what grade? I may have a team for you

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    what grade? I may have a team for you
    We are playing saturday A grade

Thanks to the powers that be for the wise decision to start the season with 3 games in a week.....o35’s and we might struggle for numbers for a few weeks with all the busted up players now.

Quote Originally Posted by redwah View Post
    Thanks to the powers that be for the wise decision to start the season with 3 games in a week.....o35’s and we might struggle for numbers for a few weeks with all the busted up players now.
    I know a few teams in the same boat. Six team comps should be scrapped. Shuffle everyone up and make them 8 team comps.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    I know a few teams in the same boat. Six team comps should be scrapped. Shuffle everyone up and make them 8 team comps.
    And when there isn't enough for 8 team comps considering the majority are 8 team

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    And when there isn't enough for 8 team comps considering the majority are 8 team
    I haven't played in an 8 team comp for close to a decade.

3 out of 9 comps in Fri O35 are six teams.
    2 out of 4 comps in Sat O35 are six teams.

Shuffle teams up grades and minimise the six team comps.
    Last edited by sammydog; 07-05-2018 at 11:23 PM.

But that is the minimum number of six team comps on each day that you you can get from the number of teams avaialble.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    the lowest grade in that division, whether AA-P or O35F-g(example only) grade have the odd number or however it pans out.
    higher the grade more chance to play in a 8 team comp, you put in for highest grade you can and making it easier for the associations to do there grading.
    they grade as it is so they don't upset clubs......
    start at the top and work your way down.........

In terms of Saturday they could've all been in 4 7 team comps you certainly wouldn't be playing on a Wednesday but you would have two byes and only play 12 games rather than 15 if in a 6 team comp or 14 if in an 8 team comp.

On Friday could've all made them 6 team comps of 11 but it looks like they made as many 8 team comps as possible and with 18 teams left over, how would you fix it to have less than three six team comps?

Looks like they have minimised the six team comps.

Does anyone else here play o35s Fri night?

yes

yes. Div 2 but C grade. LOL.

so was just reading today that a player was sent off recently for king hitting an opponent from behind as the teams walked off for halftime.

judiciary gave him 4 weeks.

player that got hit filed a police report thats how serious it all went.

thankfully: the club stood the player down indefinitely (and so far have not let him back). Good on the club for taking it seriously.
    as for the judiciary, wowsers. thats pretty weak.

anyway, again, good on the club. hopefully the bloke takes the time off to sort himself out and maybe find a different past time.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

yeah that is shit by the judiciary, but shitter by punchy mcdickhead in the first place

did the dickhead end up getting charged with assault?

Is that recently Plague?
    It wasn't Robbo again was it?

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    so was just reading today that a player was sent off recently for king hitting an opponent from behind as the teams walked off for halftime.

judiciary gave him 4 weeks.

player that got hit filed a police report thats how serious it all went.

thankfully: the club stood the player down indefinitely (and so far have not let him back). Good on the club for taking it seriously.
    as for the judiciary, wowsers. thats pretty weak.

anyway, again, good on the club. hopefully the bloke takes the time off to sort himself out and maybe find a different past time.
    I heared the club was mortified and won't ever register him again. If that is the case at least they had back bone unlike the federation

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    I heared the club was mortified and won't ever register him again. If that is the case at least they had back bone unlike the federation
    its the Associations, Newcastle, Macquarie and Hunter, not the federation.
    they can only go off the ref's report, if ref has said sent for violent conduct (4 weeks typical) with little description that's all he will get.
    its good that his club has taken the high ground, maybe name and shame so other clubs don't get caught with the person next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    they can only go off the ref's report, if ref has said sent for violent conduct (4 weeks typical) with little description that's all he will get.
    its good that his club has taken the high ground, maybe name and shame so other clubs don't get caught with the person next year.
    the judiciary had written statements from club officials, players and refs. the detail of the incident was thorough. They certainly couldnt claim they didnt have enough information.

When the player went to the police he was essentially told to wait til the judiciary handed down the suspension and if he wasnt happy with it he could then go back and press on. it made the cops sound pretty disinterested, but as someone who sympathises with what Cops have to go through, sorting out sporting fights probably isnt high on their priority list.

again, it looks like the bloke is done. as much as vigilante justice is acceptable sometimes in life, i dont believe in putting the blokes name out there esp when im sitting here behind an avatar*. The club knows who he is, his teammates and opponents know who it is, so again, lets hope he gets himself sorted out before he punches the wrong bloke next time.

i dont know what the system is like, if a 'new' club ever has any info on a players past, but yeah i guess hes free to go play elsewhere. which would be a bit of a concern.

again though. Props to this club, and the huge amount of others out there that have to deal with this shit week in week out. the majority of whom are doing it out of nothing other than love for the sport.

we should all remember that the next time the lines arent marked properly of the grass a bit long.

*well, until you work out my real name is Peter Lague. P.Lague....Plague......get it?
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    i dont know what the system is like, if a 'new' club ever has any info on a players past, but yeah i guess hes free to go play elsewhere. which would be a bit of a concern.
    I'm with you though, I don't agree with throwing a name out there.

I think most clubs do a bit of due diligence on new teams when they come into a club. We always check with associations and refs if a whole team comes asking for a spot. Mostly the issues raised are teams with a history of fielding ineligible players, never had cases of teams moving on because of violence.

Individual players though, we've never checked. You just hope the team they are coming into has.