Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 All Age/Over 35s/pub league thread

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    We'll the problem is obvious. Get ya hands off each other and spread out for starters

It is a task in A's when you dont have solid players in all positions plus a bit of depth
    Well there is the typo of the century. Not even going to bother going back to fix that one.

Age starts too take its toll in A's as well. Fitness/Speed count for a lot as you get old/fat/bald.

I'll be tipping the saturday A's to be dominated by Edgeworth. Solid team all over the park, id have loved to see them play the old West Wallsend team on a Friday night.

From there down will depend on who recruited well (or retained players) over the offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    At least Saturday has an A-grade, not like Friday night where no one wanted A-grade so the associations skipped it.
    This never makes sense it is the top grade, just call it A-Grade no need to call it B-Grade it is still the same teams you are playing against.

I saw some of the junior leagues they have A Grade but skip B grade, which makes even less sense.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    The draw or the gradings?

We’ve been thrown back into O35 A grade, could be a long season.
    Where does one find the gradings?

Quote Originally Posted by Charman View Post
    Where does one find the gradings?
    They were sent to club reps.
    I can post screen shots of them if people like, but the actual file is a largeish excel sheet and formatted weird so hard to upload the original

Love your work MK!

9 AA fri nite grades?? wow that has grown.
    AA Sat used to go to T grade

As for O35 starting at B's. Really? should be way easier than A's fgs

kutgw MK

Dudley zone League 3 First and Reserve grade looking for trials before easter (Saturday-Thursday night) . Obviously grounds a problem with wet weather and cricket at the moment. We have no ground available. Looking to play all age teams and can send either first or reserve grade teams. Send us a private msg if interested

Thanks MonkeyKplunk. Can anyone tell me, with any logic, why they have no A grade and start at B. It's still the same tier, div 1 to div 9. Makes no sense at all. What am I missing?
    Also, how do you go up 2 grades to effectively div 2 from div 4 (there is no use talking letters for grading, they mean shit) when you finish 3rd last year?

Quote Originally Posted by Charman View Post
    Thanks MonkeyKplunk. Can anyone tell me, with any logic, why they have no A grade and start at B. It's still the same tier, div 1 to div 9. Makes no sense at all. What am I missing?
    Also, how do you go up 2 grades to effectively div 2 from div 4 (there is no use talking letters for grading, they mean shit) when you finish 3rd last year?
    Teams complain less when put in B grade even when there is no A grade. So now when people ask for B grade and no one applies for A grade, no one gets A grade.

If you came third and went up 2 grades, you've obviously been too honest in your grading requests.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    As for O35 starting at B's. Really? should be way easier than A's fgs
    I don't know why they do this, they do it in the juniors as well. End of the day B grade or A grade it is the same teams playing so just call it A

Any idea when the draw comes out?

Shortly.
    I got a draft yesterday of our home game times, so I'd say it's only a day or two before it's out

Hanging out for these first rounds.
    Having come from Zone League it's getting a bit weird to not be starting this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrad View Post
    Any idea when the draw comes out?
    A couple years ago they released the draw on the Thursday before the first weekend

I hear all All Age and Over 35s games slated for the 27th April will be played on the 26th due to the Jets semi-final.

Sensible decision in my book.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    yep

the draw is supposed to come out on Friday too

Quote Originally Posted by Damo Lovelock View Post
    I hear all All Age and Over 35s games slated for the 27th April will be played on the 26th due to the Jets semi-final.

Sensible decision in my book.
    That's a top decision. Credit where it is due.