Page 37 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast

Thread: Insert Name Here aka The Ownership Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Menzieshill_Arab View Post
    I hear its the Jets 10th anniversary...
    Dundee United have just celebrated their 25th Anniversary on reaching the Uefa Cup Final, beating Barcalona on the way !!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u9J...ature=youtu.be
    Quick History lesson for you.
    The Club as we know it now was form in 2000.
    The footballing landscape is vastly different in Australia and Newcastle, Rugby League have a strangle hold on majority of the corporate dollars meaning the club's main revenue stream is the General Public and T.V rights.

Newcastle however does have a long and proud Footballing history dating back to the late 19th century when Scottish migrant workers formed one of the first football clubs in Australia the Minmi Rangers. Since the 1970's Football teams from Newcastle have been in and out of the National League generally drawing decent crowds sometimes finding on field success but being finacially stable has escape all of them.
    All we need and seek to be successful is stability, if a passionate committed owner was to come in the Newcastle public would surely warm to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Quick History lesson for you.
    The Club as we know it now was form in 2000.
    The footballing landscape is vastly different in Australia and Newcastle, Rugby League have a strangle hold on majority of the corporate dollars meaning the club's main revenue stream is the General Public and T.V rights.

Newcastle however does have a long and proud Footballing history dating back to the late 19th century when Scottish migrant workers formed one of the first football clubs in Australia the Minmi Rangers. Since the 1970's Football teams from Newcastle have been in and out of the National League generally drawing decent crowds sometimes finding on field success but being finacially stable has escape all of them.
    All we need and seek to be successful is stability, if a passionate committed owner was to come in the Newcastle public would surely warm to them.
    Good summisation in a few lines but I disagree with "Football teams from Newcastle have been in and out of the National League".....there have been a few reincarnations but apart from a period between 1987-1991 there has always been a team representing Newcastle at National level. The Breakers also do not take part in the 94/95 season.

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Good summisation in a few lines but I disagree with "Football teams from Newcastle have been in and out of the National League".....there have been a few reincarnations but apart from a period between 1987-1991 there has always been a team representing Newcastle at National level. The Breakers also do not take part in the 94/95 season.
    Cheers.
    That's what I was trying to get at but didn't want to go to far in to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Been off the foz for a few days due to work travel.

I don't mind the link to Dundee. We'd be looking at people who know football, who can run a club in a league with tough conditions and appear to be able to run the club as a business as well.

I would welcome our tangerine overlords.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Been off the foz for a few days due to work travel.

I don't mind the link to Dundee. We'd be looking at people who know football, who can run a club in a league with tough conditions and appear to be able to run the club as a business as well.

I would welcome our tangerine overlords.
    I would tend to agree. They seem (from my limited knowledge) to run their club sustainably and efficiently in a tough environment. It sounds like exactly what we need.

I'm interested in this 'third party' that the herald and another publication has rumoured to be involved.
    While a bigger richer club would be idealistic, I'd be very happy with a ownership model involving Dundee, third party( ideally a wealthy local businessman) and even an element of community ownership.
    Not sure Dundee by itself would be able to provide the occasional marquee, better coaches, back room staff etc

The way our genius management team does business you'll find that the third party they trying to get to the table is Dundee FC
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    The way our genius management team does business you'll find that the third party they trying to get to the table is Dundee FC
    Well then they could truly say we were owned by Dundee, United…

Dundee will know who we are, as KB United kicked their butt here in 1978.

Saw this on Twitter ... Tinkler draining a beer with all his Perth mates. Which club does he own again?

Nacho nacho man, I want to be a nacho man!... I laugh so I don't cry.

https://twitter.com/AtomicElbow/stat...38879991513088

The look on old loves face to the left of tinks pretty much sums up most Jets fans mood with the big man at the moment.
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

apparently he gave a pep talk before the game. clearly worked. maybe he can start a motivational speaking tour to make some dosh.

^ I am legit in tears. Laughing for minutes.

today on the herald lowedown blog

David Lowe:
    I heard a rumour from a good source about a week ago suggesting that the Jets would announce a buyer before Christmas. Haven't heard any whispers since, do you think we could be in for the biggest surprise present in Christmas history?

Oh I hope so!!!
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Please be true

It was mentioned on one of the podcasts I listen to (can't remember if it was SST or ABC) that Dundee weren't interested in playing the $5mil price tag that Tinks wants. They would only take on the $1.8mil of debt that is currently apparently on the clubs books.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

so Tinklers top prise is 5mill and Dundees bottom price is 1.8mill ....BIT LIKE SELLING A CAR REALLY meet in the middle and cut all the bull shit!!

Add to all this we won so the price is no 10 mil.