Page 54 of 105 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 2085

Thread: Insert Name Here aka The Ownership Thread

Although police prosecutors and my man Italian Lionel Hutz that does my contracts are cool.

So not all lawyers.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Although police prosecutors and my man Italian Lionel Hutz that does my contracts are cool.

So not all lawyers.

hows tinks gonna pay a lawyer? probono or nothin for the fat lump of ****

So the latest from scotland is stephen thompson looks like he is immigrating to australia to be our ceo, while he and a number of other partys are throwing their 2c in together and trying to buy the jets, the other parties I dont know who is involved, just heard a consortium with thompson involved.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Tinkler

Gallop has a sense of humor.......

Quote Originally Posted by matty View Post
    So the latest from scotland is stephen thompson looks like he is immigrating to australia to be our ceo, while he and a number of other partys are throwing their 2c in together and trying to buy the jets, the other parties I dont know who is involved, just heard a consortium with thompson involved.
    James gardiner from the herald said in yesterday's herald halftime that Dundee united itself had distanced itself from any takeover. Gardiner says it is Stephen Thompson and another businessman involved in their takeover bid. Another scot? Or maybe he has made some connections with some local (Australian) businessmen to form a consortium

Quote Originally Posted by matty View Post
    Is there an article anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by hausmann View Post
    When he says that the FFA helped clubs behind closed doors does he not remember what happened to Con? He went to them cap in hand and had the license taken off him. They didn't want Con to have the license anymore. Same case here.

Anyway, can we take it from Tink's outburst and legal threats that he has no means of achieving the FFA demands and we just have to wait the 14 days for a resolution?
    The gypos debts are massive and probably dwarf Tinkler's. On that he has a point

Quote Originally Posted by lil_masi View Post
    Is there an article anywhere?
    Whatever you do, don't link to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    Whatever you do, don't link to it.
    No link away, just don't bitch when people don't link an article.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Its not just the FFA gunning for Mr Tinkler now

THE NSW Office of State Revenue has moved to wind up the Newcastle Jets over unpaid debts.

The news comes just days after controversial owner Nathan Tinkler publicly declared that creditors were ‘‘getting paid as we speak’’ and outstanding debts would ‘‘all be resolved’’.

Documents filed in the NSW Supreme Court reveal the action was taken last month against Newcastle Jets Football Operations.

The matter was listed for a directions hearing on February 25.

But Mr Tinkler told the Newcastle Herald through a spokesman on Thursday night that ‘‘the matter to which you refer has been resolved today’’.

It is understood the debt was a six-figure sum related to payroll tax.

The matter was still listed on the Australian Securities and Investments Commission website late on Thursday.

The Jets have been in turmoil since a 7-0 drubbing at the hands of Adelaide United in Adelaide 13 days ago, with Mr Tinkler sacking five senior players and three members of the coaching staff but sparing coach Phil Stubbins the axe.

With the future of the club under a cloud, Football Federation Australia moved quickly to allay fans’ fears.

‘‘FFA has been aware for some time that the Newcastle Jets have had payments outstanding with the NSW Office of State Revenue [OSR],” an FFA spokesman said earlier on Thursday. ‘‘We are also aware of the action undertaken by the OSR.

‘‘This debt is among those contemplated in the formal notice provided to the club this week. It’s FFA expectation that this matter will be addressed urgently as part of the undertakings given by the Hunter Sports Group.’’

This is not the first time the club has faced insolvency action under Mr Tinkler’s ownership, with the Australian Taxation Office moving to liquidate eight Tinkler companies in December, 2012, including the Jets and Newcastle Knights, which the coal baron formerly owned.

Mr Tinkler’s finances have been under intense scrutiny for several years as the former billionaire’s business empire crumbled.

His thoroughbred racing and breeding empire, Patinack Farm, has been broken up and is being sold off to pay debts, he owes $22million to retail giant Gerry Harvey and Patinack Farm Administration creditors are chasing $4.7million in the courts.

It was reported last October the tax office had registered two mortgages over Mr Tinkler’s stud farms with reports he faced tax debts of almost $40million. But last month, the 38-year-old said he didn’t owe the $40million, saying he successfully argued against the debts during arbitration in 2014.

Title searches conducted on Patinack Farm properties by the Herald revealed a deed of agreement and caveat held by the ATO for unknown amounts, with the debts due in May this year.

Sole director of Newcastle Jets Football Operations is Mr Tinkler’s sister, Donna Dennis, and the company is owned by Mr Tinkler.

The Herald reported on Thursday that another Tinkler-related company, Serene Lodge Investments, had been hit by court action from a creditor chasing money. IT company Reddog Technology has lodged wind-up proceedings in the Queensland Supreme Court with a directions hearing set for February 27.

The Jets have lurched from one crisis to another this season.

Facing a player revolt, Stubbins flew to Brisbane last week for crisis talks with Mr Tinkler. The next day, Mr Tinkler moved to terminate the contracts of captain Kew Jaliens and senior players Joel Griffiths, David Carney, Adrian Madaschi and Billy Celeski, and sacked assistant coaches Clayton Zane, Neil Young and Andrew Packer.

Assistant coach Michael Bridges resigned last Friday, expressing his disappointment at how the sackings were handled.

Argentinian striker Jeronimo left the Jets this week in ‘‘a mutual termination’’ of his contract.

The roster had already been depleted by the departures of Mark Birighitti, Jonny Steele, Sam Gallaway and Marcos Flores.

Home-grown Olyroos winger Andrew Hoole will leave for Sydney FC at season end.

The exodus also included former Jets chief executive Robbie Middleby and chairman Ray Baartz, who resigned those positions on January 8. Mr Tinkler took the club off the market two days later and assumed a hands-on role as chairman.

He missed an FFA-imposed deadline of last Saturday to settle debts, understood to be significantly more than the $500,000 floated in media interviews.

After discussions on Monday, the FFA issued a show-cause notice giving him ‘‘a short period’’ to respond to their concerns.

Having won just one of 15 games to be sitting second-last, a new-look Jets squad will try to salvage something from the wreckage when they host Brisbane at Hunter Stadium on Friday night.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/28...-debts/?cs=305

Banned
    Good

Little to worry about on that front.

If the FFA takes the licence the club still continues. We ain't obliged to pay that debt and Tinkler still has that to pay with the tax office chasing him everywhere for it.

Forza ATO

If the FFA winds up the club, taking back the licence becomes easy for the FFA. As far as I know, they own the club name so it just goes with them, the debt with Tinkler.

Hurry up ATO.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Forza ATO
    First time anyone, anywhere has ever cheered for the ATO..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    First time anyone, anywhere has ever cheered for the ATO..
    Yeah I know.

I have less time for them than left wing apologists and plastic fans put together usually.

Anyone know anyone of these parasites and would we be able to convince them to actually have a go at some people like they did with Paul Hogan???

Ok so we've filled the CEO position will someone that looks like has the qualifications. Now to filling the role of chairman. Does anyone actually know what this role entails? Syd fc have Scott Barlow, Victory Ian Dobson. Looks like they're businessman.
    Serious question (I know Bartzz prob did SFA)

Quote Originally Posted by lil_masi View Post
    Ok so we've filled the CEO position will someone that looks like has the qualifications. Now to filling the role of chairman. Does anyone actually know what this role entails? Syd fc have Scott Barlow, Victory Ian Dobson. Looks like they're businessman.
    Serious question (I know Bartzz prob did SFA)
    I don't think Chairman is a position they are looking to fill - I think Tinkler is keen to stay hands-on and keep that role for himself.
    OK

Maybe. I see WSW new owner is the chairman as well. Same with Tony Sage at Glory.
    I just would've wanting Tinks to put someone more knowledgeable and a new face in that role (better businessman).

Anyone else notice the conveniently located Harvey Norman signs behind the goals on Friday?
    Coincidence, I think not.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Anyone else notice the conveniently located Harvey Norman signs behind the goals on Friday?
    Coincidence, I think not.
    lol, Hardly Normal sums up our ownership