Page 53 of 105 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 2085

Thread: Insert Name Here aka The Ownership Thread

Agreed hausmon.

And imagine if we had to pay real membership prices to watch Jets games these days. Holey dooley.

Reckon we'd be witnessing quite a few 4,000 person games right about now.

Quote Originally Posted by hausmann View Post
    I think Tinkler has done enough to completely divide the supporter base with this move.
    You're not wrong there! For proof, just go over to the Squad thread!
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Andy Paschalidis on Big Sports Breakfast just said Thompson is in Australia!!!
    Andy P is the worst news breaker in the history of everything.
    Bloke don't know shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pico View Post
    The show cause notice is not an extension it's the final step, first they have to set the benchmarks, 31st deadline, then they need to issue the legal show cause for failing to hit the deadline, he's has a right of reply, then they can hit him with the list of material breaches of the salary cap and elect to withdraw the license as per the participation agreement.

People need to lay off the hysteria and realise the FFA is going about things in due process to ensure once they take the license thinks won't be able to do shit, he'll still have the company debts and the FFA can sell/award the license to a new ownership group debt free.
    What do you make of the licence fee and the lack of process and guidelines as to how that was applied to Tinks? By rights he shouldn't have a leg to stand on but I can see this as a potential argument in any injunction.

With Con he never paid a cent for it so I can see the issue of property rights and what Tinkler bought for his money being an issue. Tinkler could prove that regs within the participation agreement are being applied to him unfairly as opposed to others. An example being the unpaid Super being part of the liabilities when the gypos down the road have been doing the same.

The other point I think he will argue in favour of his injunction will be that the actions he is taking are normal administrative functions such as replacing poorly performing staff. Clive completely shot himself in the foot by attempting to set up his Football Australia. It could easily be concluded the damage he was causing to the HAL as he openly was trying to replace the governing body.
    Last edited by borat; 03-02-2015 at 04:22 PM.

Simply put, its a franchise league with the FFA acting as the holder of the IP rights for each franchise and a very strict legal document dictating the franchisees roles and responsibilities. The breaches won't be looked at in isolation, the FFA will be able to draw examples of previous tax debts and wind up applications, as evidence that they have tried working through the issues with the franchise owner and that he continually strays from the club participation agreement and that this culminated in the current crisis position of the club forcing the FFA to revoke the license to protect their IP and minimise any further damage to the club, the IP and ensure compliance of the clubs & FFA's contractual obligations under the CBA.

It could be argued that Tinkler got what he paid for, an established club, with contracted players, an active membership base to build from and a previous championship winning club. That's a hell of a lot more to start with then what con had. Con was starting fresh building the franchise, ultimately he was going to face more challenges establishing the brand and building a memebership base and the cost implications for that process. Any one can see that value had been built into the FFA's IP based on the work that con had done, if con had not breached his license terms he would have been within his rights to sell the license with a value based on what he'd built. Once the FFA revoked the license it still held a value and of course if you have a buyer willing to pay your asking price you sell.

The value of anything is the maximum a purchaser is willing to spend end of, Tinkler agreed and was willing.

The only thing that muddies the water, in my eyes, is the fact that Ken Edwards was involved on both sides and was rumoured to receive a commission from the FFA pending the successful sale, conflict of interest yes, but I dare say Ken Edwards was involved with the FFA pitching the sale prior to jumping into bed with Tinks, so again just more evidence of Tinkler not doing his due diligence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

If Tinks wins the castle will crumble.

I think Tinkler has done enough to completely divide the supporter base with this move. Given the amount of angst shown, I think many won't return if he wins. The rest are in for more of the same in the long term (although you can never tell in the short term - ruthless tactics sometimes have a motivational effect).

The club certainly won't have a sense of community about it, and that is one of the main attractions for me, a feeling of belonging. It has never been there with HSG. Some people don't care about this, and I guess they'll stick around.
    agree, if he stays it will be worth nothing. There are many diehard fans willing to walk now. Its not like an owner who buys the odd crap player so he cops a bit of flack, its a total dislike between him & most people within Newcastle.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Gloves are off. FFA certainly cannot back down.

He's talking to everyone except the Herald. And this is meant to convince us that he is the right man for the job, who can work with the FFA going forward? A man who can hold a grudge.
    Last edited by hausmann; 04-02-2015 at 09:24 AM.

I like that he doesn't mention how he got the licence in the first place where the FFA did exactly the same to Con.

Serious question. Who are Tink's lawyers? Who'd work for him?

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    Law firms fall over themselves to get involved in high profile cases.

Desperate words from a desperate man. Just **** off you peanut.

Its the vibe. The vibe one gets when they know they are not going to get paid until Uncle Gerry spots the pie man a few more lazy mill.

When he says that the FFA helped clubs behind closed doors does he not remember what happened to Con? He went to them cap in hand and had the license taken off him. They didn't want Con to have the license anymore. Same case here.

Anyway, can we take it from Tink's outburst and legal threats that he has no means of achieving the FFA demands and we just have to wait the 14 days for a resolution?

I like that he doesn't mention how he got the licence in the first place where the FFA did exactly the same to Con.
    When he says that the FFA helped clubs behind closed doors does he not remember what happened to Con? He went to them cap in hand and had the license taken off him. They didn't want Con to have the license anymore. Same case here.
    Yeah... someone awesome already mentioned that.

Yeah... someone awesome already mentioned that.
    Oh, I thought I was being original...my mistake

I'm too impatient to wait 2 weeks, find another way ffa

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Law firms fall over themselves to get involved in high profile cases.
    Surely there is little chance of this case reaching a hearing. It may founder at the application stage.

Banned

Anyway, can we take it from Tink's outburst and legal threats that he has no means of achieving the FFA demands and we just have to wait the 14 days for a resolution?
    14 days ??

You seriously expect this deluded arrogant tyrant to go peacefully into the night??

I don't

It's going to court

Surely there is little chance of this case reaching a hearing. It may founder at the application stage.
    Exactly, but in the meantime law firm becomes 'spokesman' gets on the Tele, pumps their own tyres.
    Case gets settled out of court, therefore law firm 'wins' (well, they don't lose) and they can hang at the club all like 'so baby, you see me on the steps of the Supreme Court today?'

It's why lawyers defend shitcunce like cop killers, terrorists and Martin Bryant.

**** lawyers.
    Worst people.