Page 100 of 105 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 2085

Thread: Insert Name Here aka The Ownership Thread

he's still a ****ing gypo

Quote Originally Posted by skullboy View Post
    I concur. Surprisingly intelligent. Isn't this guy a former gypsy?

Seriously though - he has given a surprisingly honest and enlightening summary of the motivation behind the proposed purchase.

I am sure he is being paid well to broker the deal though and there should be no obligation to have him as part of the team going forward.

The only question I do have is - if this guy is prepared to pay US$500,000 for a playground for his employees why would he not be prepared to shell out a lot more than that on 1 or 2 top quality players to achieve his ACL goals sooner rather than later?
    Because if you want the FFA to pony up for marquee players the first thing you do is cry poor

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    He must have the job despite his denials. I cannot imagine anyone making public statements about what the new owner's motives are if they genuinely still were hoping to be employed by them
    As i said, he hopes to be employed by them. Which means he hasn't been employed yet. Yay!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

If Lee buys the Jets I think you can safely assume Lawrie will be CEO.

My info also is that he was paid nothing for helping to broker the deal...was just putting people together as he's always done, and one thing led to another.

Quote Originally Posted by rhysd View Post
    Quite amazing how, despite the length of the article/interview, that is the one thing you took out of it.
    so you dont want Jets to invest in Aussie Youth? Stuff this Chinese future talent crap.

A couple of top Chinese players no probs. I want heavy investment by all teams in Aus youth so we can continue to kick China ass in Asia and hopefully win euros and African Nations Cup.... are you in?

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I couldn't give a flying hoot about honesty. I want success. I want someone who can run the business properly and will setup the team with enough resources on and off the field to win trophies. I don't care what happens behind the scenes as long as they make money and we win trophies. The less it costs me financially comes close after those 2.
    This. but any gypo must go through initiation. eg inflict gypo misery. RIP Kitto

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    so you dont want Jets to invest in Aussie Youth? Stuff this Chinese future talent crap.

A couple of top Chinese players no probs. I want heavy investment by all teams in Aus youth so we can continue to kick China ass in Asia and hopefully win euros and African Nations Cup.... are you in?

This. but any gypo must go through initiation. eg inflict gypo misery. RIP Kitto
    Considering we have a cap of five (5) foreign players I hardly consider this to be an issue. The article did go a little further (which you still haven't addressed) is that the Chinese player would have to be of at least the same/better standard of the player he would be replacing.

We have 18 other spots in the squad to invest in Aussie youth. Not exactly sure what your point is??

Considering we have a cap of five (5) foreign players I hardly consider this to be an issue. The article did go a little further (which you still haven't addressed) is that the Chinese player would have to be of at least the same/better standard of the player he would be replacing.

We have 18 other spots in the squad to invest in Aussie youth. Not exactly sure what your point is??
    Kidding arent ya, those 5 foreign spots would be better served from other countries than China. Address the issues? your avin a larf, you believe way too much from the herald rag and a gypo.

So who assesses which player is better? that is a concept that can go cnt up in minutes. We have no assurances that Lee will lead us anywhere better than the other failures and there's are other investors available that may do a better job. joke city

Kidding arent ya, those 5 foreign spots would be better served from other countries than China. Address the issues? your avin a larf, you believe way too much from the herald rag and a gypo.

So who assesses which player is better? that is a concept that can go cnt up in minutes. We have no assurances that Lee will lead us anywhere better than the other failures and there's are other investors available that may do a better job. joke city
    A one legged Chinese guy would be a better option than Pav so it's not like we have high standards to meet.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    A one legged Chinese guy would be a better option than Pav so it's not like we have high standards to meet.
    Zeng Cheng possibly

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    you guys are missing the fact that there's a real possibility that at some stage in the future, there will be a Jets player who's name is 'Wang'

think about how incredible that will be

Now you are just trying to turn the 'discussion' around. Keep spruiking, you have yourself fooled. I was merely stating that you quoted out of context and now you have taken your story on a tangent.

There are no assurances in business.

I never said they will be filled with just Chinese players. Even if his intent is to bring Chinese players in, he would be looking to profit from it. The only way you make a profit is if they bring in a player of quality.
    Whether they are all Chinese, Brazilian, Croatian as long as they play well in Newcastle colours no one minds.

As long as it is the coach who makes the final say on the player I think everyone is happy.

Considering the owners we have had, I think we can take our chances with an owner who has a known history in football involvement/development.

Nah Hawk is right.

Bloke drives a Lambo.

Good enough for me.

Besides, a nation of one billion people and you think it will be hard to find someone better than Boogaard?

Geez, just go to your local park and find someone that can stand in it for 90 mins.

Bingo, there's your guy.

Considering the owners we have had, I think we can take our chances with an owner who has a known history in football involvement/development.
    Except we had that with Con but all you lot wanted him tarred and feathered.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Nah Hawk is right.

Bloke drives a Lambo.

Good enough for me.

Besides, a nation of one billion people and you think it will be hard to find someone better than Boogaard?

Geez, just go to your local park and find someone that can stand in it for 90 mins.

Bingo, there's your guy.
    Bingo Lee?

Now you are just trying to turn the 'discussion' around. Keep spruiking, you have yourself fooled. I was merely stating that you quoted out of context and now you have taken your story on a tangent.

There are no assurances in business.

I never said they will be filled with just Chinese players. Even if his intent is to bring Chinese players in, he would be looking to profit from it. The only way you make a profit is if they bring in a player of quality.
    Whether they are all Chinese, Brazilian, Croatian as long as they play well in Newcastle colours no one minds.

As long as it is the coach who makes the final say on the player I think everyone is happy.

Not even. blew that silly article out of the water. bingo

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    you guys are missing the fact that there's a real possibility that at some stage in the future, there will be a Jets player who's name is 'Wang'

think about how incredible that will be
    I remember years ago we had a chinese midfielder named wang dong here trialling with us

Quote Originally Posted by Grishie View Post
    If Lee buys the Jets I think you can safely assume Lawrie will be CEO.

My info also is that he was paid nothing for helping to broker the deal...was just putting people together as he's always done, and one thing led to another.
    Just a heads up Grishie/PV4 multi.

Every time you type "My Info"or ""My Sources" or my totally legitimate contacts within the illuminati"" you shoot your own post in the foot. Foti86 has gained respect with his insider info and just drops it off and walks away.

--now this next bit is not aimed at Grishi--

McKinna is not locked in as CEO, and nothing that he is doing at the moment makes it appear that he would be inline for the CEO job. McKinna has "director of football"written all over him. He would be the face of the club management and would be great at attracting sponsors, investors, hiring/firing technical positions in the backroom staff. But he would struggle at the top of the boardroom. I'm guessing that some people on this forum are from the coast... i don't like to think about it too much but there i've said it.

Gosford council was a shambles and has been for many years. The coast is struggling hard to get investments because, eerily similar to the Newcastle council, they bitch and moan about each other and very little makes it's way through the council. If they completely sack everyone on 2 councils and say that no one in charge for the next year is better than who they had maybe they weren't doing to well.. Just saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Just providing a community service with my info...

Considering the shambles that was Gosford council four years ago, Lawrie has done an unbelievable job turning it all around - taken the council from well in the red to strongly in the black and attracted close to two billion dollars worth of investment. The amalgamation happened because of state politics, not local politics.

As long as he had a sound CFO Lawrie would have no trouble leading from the top.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    what's with all this sensible discussion on the forum?

where's the monster raving loonies going on about OMG!! GyP0000 ScUM!1!!!1!!
    I been away for the last week.

Haven't checked into the foz until now.

Cha Cha

I be back in another 9 days.

Relax

In the meantime carry on

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/tim-c...-james-sneddon

Tim Cahill to join,coach and buy the Newcastle Jets.
    Jun 5, 20161,246 views17 Likes3 Comments

David Gallop, Lowies and the FFA this is what you should do with the Jets. Tim Cahill this is what you should do next.

Tim Cahill Australia's most valuable footballing commodity, our best ever player, who carries the hopes of a nation is to be the new owner of the struggling Newcastle Jets.

Why? Because the Jets are on sale circa $5 million. On sale by the Football Federation Australia who would love nothing more than to get Tim Cahill in as the face of our growing A - League. David Gallop this is your carrot, give Tim the Jets. Tim can pay himself what ever salary he likes - Tim you will bring it in with ticket sales, sponsorship, exhibition matches etc. Just call me and I will help you make bank. Tim Cahill there would be huge tax advantages to owning the club.

Not to mention the benefit to your personal sponsors. Voila you've increased your pull.

"Loan" yourself to whatever club you want. Still craving exotic experiences, loan yourself out! There are dollars out there for you still as you are brilliant. Owning the Jets does not inhibit this in anyway - again huge tax advantages because of your business and loan arrangements. Talk to me about this, I'll put you onto some fantastic accountants.

Bring your mates aka Lucas Neill, Schwarzer into the fold.

The Newcastle "Redbull" Jets, Give the Jets Wings! Your Red bull mates will love that campaign. The Newcastle colours are aligned with the energy drink. The wings campaign would be fantastic - because Jets have wings, but the Newcastle Jets have had a few ordinary seasons. Tim Cahill joining the Jets and lifting them to finalists once more would be the perfect wings campaign.

The PR of this deal will put the Newcastle Redbull Jets at heights above their A-league titlist and finalist years.

Newcastle would be a great base for your soccer school, your network of clubs around the world would make you the ideal talent scout - raising some serious revenue in the transfer market as you better local talent.

You'll triple the value of the Jets in your first season.

Not to mention Newcastle is a fantastic place to live.

FFA you will have Australian's greatest talent back in the country, raising the profile of the game. Liberating yourself of the losses you are making on the Jets - Tim's Redbull Jets will be profitable. The Jets will become a force to be reckoned with.

This advice from the Fast Brain Trust is the official advice for FFA, Newcastle Jets and Tim Cahill. Here ready to keep adding value to all organisations. Get in touch for value for your organisation today. My ROI guarantee. No value = don't pay me.
    Last edited by Fairgo; 07-06-2016 at 12:47 AM.