Page 52 of 105 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 2085

Thread: Insert Name Here aka The Ownership Thread

I don't have the link but they said on 2GB radio in Sydney that if tinkler doesn't pay all outstanding debts tonight then FFA will take the Jets licence off him at 9am tomorrow. Sounds a bit quick to me but fingers crossed its true #byebyebigman #stinkyalater

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Please don't tell me you expected this sorted quickly, the first business day after we became asian champions.

FFA were working behind the scenes for weeks to line Tinkler up in preparation to boot Con.
    They're lining their ducks up. Give them time.
    I actually expected some action today from the FFA instead of an extension to Tinkler to get his house in order.

They have avoided dealing with this for the last couple of weeks due to the Asian Cup.

Today their focus should be back squarely on the pressing matters in this country like this that they have avoided for the last few weeks. Whether they wished to sit in their upmarket Sydney offices tugging off over winning the Asian Cup or not they need to be back on the horse ASAP as now is not the time to be living the glory etc

As for lining their ducks up shouldn't the ducks have been lined up by now and ready to go??

It ain't like Tinkler just started ****ing the Jets around on the weekend
    It ain't like Tinkler has been a disaster waiting to happen for months.

Where the **** is the contingency plan they should have had ready to go cause you would think good management would sense problems from at least one of the umpteen occasions Gallop has had to utter the we are monitoring the situation at the Jets intently every time Tinkler has had to deal with his untold bad press with his business dealings in the last few years???

You might think I am going off the deep end cause I love going off the deep end head first but these are serious questions and concerns that leave me wondering what the **** they are actually doing.

What are they doing?

Probably....

Setting up a buyer.
    Making sure any move they make can't be overturned.
    Avoiding going off half cocked like Tinkler does.

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    No
    In layman's terms they have asked him to show why he hasn't paid his debts, if they feel the answer given is unsatisfactory then they will strip him of the license. It's all due process dotting the I's crossing the T's, be patient and keep the faith.
    Tinks will ask his wife, the holder of his folding, to cough up the readies.

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    @SocStoppageTime: Stealth and #SST will tomorrow reveal which A-League Club is days away from finalising a partnership agreement with a Premier League team
    EPL or SPL?
    EPL or SPL?
    I struggled to understand much of what was said on Soccer Stoppage Time, as the hosts don't use English as we know it.

But the agreement is allegedly between Everton and the gypos. I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Raw Boned Youngster View Post
    Tinks will ask his wife, the holder of his folding, to cough up the readies.
    The PA incident could prove a problem here
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    I struggled to understand much of what was said on Soccer Stoppage Time, as the hosts don't use English as we know it.

But the agreement is allegedly between Everton and the gypos. I think.
    lol
    Two clubs with no money, this can only be a good thing
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    What are they doing?

Probably....

Setting up a buyer.
    Making sure any move they make can't be overturned.
    Avoiding going off half cocked like Tinkler does.
    Why do they need to set up a buyer NOW??
    Surely getting our ownership right is imperative for the long term and it is completely incorrect for a short term marriage of convenience shot gun wedding etc.
    Where exactly is the due diligence?? Look what happened last time the FFA tried arranging a shotgun wedding for us when they ousted Con?? Who's to say this bloke from Dundee may not be as committed as we hope he is in 2 years time??

Surely the go would be to stabilise the club and hold on to it for a period of time assessing the options and then finding the right fit?? It ain't like they can't make any money off it either as the Heart/Wankers sales have shown that money can be made

As for making sure their moves ain't overturned then if they are worried about legal action from Tinkler surely their licence agreements need to be looked at from their end as after Tinkler and Palmers shenanigans they need to be a bit more secure in the FFA's favour to prevent a repeat elsewhere??

As for going off half cocked pretty certain they have already shown a degree of ridiculous patience. The farcical way Tinkler treated 5 players and 3 coaches under contract last week should have seen action on some front taken by the end of the week.

what interest would the guy from Dundee have in making our club a success? reading between the lines, he likes Australian talent and he probably sees the club as a shop window to prop up his club at a bargain price and to make a buck by onselling. Dont know that a successful Jets would be a priority- more a potential production line. He should check out our talent first though.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Why do they need to set up a buyer NOW??
    Surely getting our ownership right is imperative for the long term and it is completely incorrect for a short term marriage of convenience shot gun wedding etc.
    Where exactly is the due diligence?? Look what happened last time the FFA tried arranging a shotgun wedding for us when they ousted Con?? Who's to say this bloke from Dundee may not be as committed as we hope he is in 2 years time??

Surely the go would be to stabilise the club and hold on to it for a period of time assessing the options and then finding the right fit?? It ain't like they can't make any money off it either as the Heart/Wankers sales have shown that money can be made

As for making sure their moves ain't overturned then if they are worried about legal action from Tinkler surely their licence agreements need to be looked at from their end as after Tinkler and Palmers shenanigans they need to be a bit more secure in the FFA's favour to prevent a repeat elsewhere??

As for going off half cocked pretty certain they have already shown a degree of ridiculous patience. The farcical way Tinkler treated 5 players and 3 coaches under contract last week should have seen action on some front taken by the end of the week.
    Save money
    Doing due diligence for past few months
    AFC not keen on FFA owning clubs, creates conflict on interest, doesn't help us maintain a CL spots.
    I reckon they have, but they'd still have a process they need to follow.
    Action has been taken, remember though the media need to be played in this thing too.
    By not jumping to it, they stop playing the game Tinkler was trying to, when he kept breaking stories during acl games.
    They're letting hm know it'll be done on their terms, not his.

The show cause notice is not an extension it's the final step, first they have to set the benchmarks, 31st deadline, then they need to issue the legal show cause for failing to hit the deadline, he's has a right of reply, then they can hit him with the list of material breaches of the salary cap and elect to withdraw the license as per the participation agreement.

People need to lay off the hysteria and realise the FFA is going about things in due process to ensure once they take the license thinks won't be able to do shit, he'll still have the company debts and the FFA can sell/award the license to a new ownership group debt free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pico View Post
    The show cause notice is not an extension it's the final step, first they have to set the benchmarks, 31st deadline, then they need to issue the legal show cause for failing to hit the deadline, he's has a right of reply, then they can hit him with the list of material breaches of the salary cap and elect to withdraw the license as per the participation agreement.

People need to lay off the hysteria and realise the FFA is going about things in due process to ensure once they take the license thinks won't be able to do shit, he'll still have the company debts and the FFA can sell/award the license to a new ownership group debt free.
    Bang on the money.

Id rather they do this right the first time. Our season is shot either way, lets not have the FFA **** up the taking back of the club just to make it happen quickly.

There is a process to be followed and I don't want to see them skip any steps.

listen to all these due diligence sooks & hysteria haters. patriots all the way ya convicts

Andy Paschalidis on Big Sports Breakfast just said Thompson is in Australia!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

If a deal is to be done, i believe it would be with Stephen Thompson and not Dundee United FC. From all reports, Thompson is an astute businessman interested in relocating to Australia, who through the sale of a few of their players, have put the club in the black which it was close to administration. It's hard to see us having a financial connection to Dundee United.

Hey Member, have you ever played Chess? It's just like that. Don't attack until all of your pieces are in place.

Otherwise it backfires on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Andy Paschalidis on Big Sports Breakfast just said Thompson is in Australia!!!
    Yeah they probably read that in todays herald

Quote Originally Posted by howardyou View Post
    Hey Member, have you ever played Chess? It's just like that. Don't attack until all of your pieces are in place.

This will go 2 ways. Either Tinks is skint and the FFA go in for the kill or Tinks pull the money out of a Gerry Harvey hat, which he has done many times before, and the FFA completely back off

Quote Originally Posted by howardyou View Post

That's a new one. Wonder if the big V, Viswanathan Anand, follows this strategy.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

If Tinks wins the castle will crumble.

I think Tinkler has done enough to completely divide the supporter base with this move. Given the amount of angst shown, I think many won't return if he wins. The rest are in for more of the same in the long term (although you can never tell in the short term - ruthless tactics sometimes have a motivational effect).

The club certainly won't have a sense of community about it, and that is one of the main attractions for me, a feeling of belonging. It has never been there with HSG. Some people don't care about this, and I guess they'll stick around.
    Last edited by hausmann; 03-02-2015 at 02:59 PM.