Page 31 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Thread: Insert Name Here aka The Ownership Thread

Quote Originally Posted by hausmann View Post
    Three local names would be to poach David Eland or Ivan Spyrdz (if they are shown to have good business connections as well as administrative skill) or get George Liolio back. Other than that, someone with a business and legal background who has a history of being community orientated and is well regarded in the business community, and knows a lot about paddlesteamers.
    I graciously accept, my old friend

give MFKS the job for a month on a trial basis. He seems to know all the answers

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    give MFKS the job for a month on a trial basis. He seems to know all the answers
    Mate I don't have ALL the answers.

I just have MOST of them

Having met and talked football with Eland on a few occassions, he would be a great choice.

I would feel for northern football if he was to go though. Has delt with the self interested parties very well.
    Go jetties

Quote Originally Posted by Pico View Post
    So who's top of your CEO list?
    As others have said, someone who has some business sense, someone who has experience successfully running a business, etc.

Not someone who's previous experience was to run a club into the ground like Middleby.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Newcastle Jets senior management and representatives of the Tinkler Group travelled to the UK last week for discussions regarding Club ownership.

The trip involved positive initial discussions with possible investors and partners as well as visits to the academies and training centres of several Premier League Clubs. These visits provided valuable contacts and ideas for the development of the Club and the Emerging Jets Academy.

All discussions regarding the future ownership of the Club will understandably be kept confidential and are expected to continue over the coming months. No announcement on a new owner is imminent.

The Club is working closely with the FFA throughout this process and will inform Members and Partners when an outcome is reached.

Given the confidential nature of these discussions it is in the best interests of the Club and Parties involved that no further comments will be made until negotiations are complete.

In the meantime, the Club continues our preparations for the upcoming season and appreciates the loyal support of our Members.

In other words: Don't ask question because no one showed interest in the club, boys had a good ...and we stuck with Tink for few more years.....

i hop ethey are stopping over in Dubai, Bangkok and Sinagpore, with the way EPL clubs are being bought these days they might have more luck chasing new owners outside of England.

Hey you guys, this whole 'business' thingy is so super serious so we can't really tell you about what went on O/S.
    But ZOMG did you see that sweet selfie I got with that striker guy.
    Totes awesome. My BFF's are going to be soooo super jelly.

Banned
    So on a more important note who else famous did they get their pictures taken with???

I'm glad the club has updated us. Even if it doesn't say much it still tells us where we are at and stops speculation mounting
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

So the process will be:
    1. Silence
    2. BANG, here's your new owner. Hope your happy. Actually, don't honestly care. We outta here. BYE.

Quote Originally Posted by hausmann View Post
    So the process will be:
    1. Silence
    2. BANG, here's your new owner. Hope your happy. Actually, don't honestly care. We outta here. BYE.
    'we will not comment on "over water matters"'

actually, I don't really have a problem with this approach. every business operates this way when looking at acquiring new assets (lol, assets)

meme.jpg

I cant help but think of this guy

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    meme.jpg

I cant help but think of this guy
    5 stars for you sir.

Banned
    NATHAN Tinkler could be forced to hand control of the Newcastle Jets back to Football Federation Australia before the end of the year amid reports the embattled former billionaire faces tax debts of almost $40million.

Tinkler put the Jets up for sale in August, but the Newcastle Herald understands that the club’s financial situation is at crisis point and the time to find a buyer is running out. On a dramatic day for Newcastle’s A-League club, it emerged:

● The Australian Taxation Office has taken out two mortgages over four Tinkler stud farms which go to auction starting Thursday in an attempt to recoup nearly $40million in debt;

● British billionaire Marwan Koukash ruled out buying the Jets; and

● the club struggled to meet wage payments this month for coaching and ancillary staff.

The Herald has been told that, barring a miracle sale, FFA could assume control of the club by Christmas.

It was speculated that the sale of Tinkler’s Patinack Farm properties would reap $50million for the cash-strapped Singapore-based businessman.

But website Crikey has reported that the ATO has taken the unusual step of registering two mortgages over the stud farms following a recent deed of settlement with Tinkler. The mortgages were signed last month and in May, with one reportedly relating to a $20.1million debt, signed between the Tax Commissioner, Tinkler, a string of Patinack entities and the companies that own the Jets and formerly the Knights.

The other is for $19.5million and relates to other Tinkler Group and Patinack Farm entities.

Tinkler is also understood to still owe Gerry Harvey several million of an initial $40million after a dispersal sale of his racehorses last month netted $34million.

The ATO threatened to wind up the Jets in 2012 over a $1.063million debt.

Sources close to the situation confirmed that the current ATO debt was a significant issue for the future running of the Jets.

The Herald reported on Wednesday that the Jets had held preliminary talks with Koukash, who owns Salford Super League club and is keen to buy an NRL club.

But hopes that the former refugee, who is worth up to $3billion, might step in and save the Jets were dashed when he tweeted: ‘‘I have no interest in the Newcastle Jets.’’

Former Hunter Sports Group chief executive Troy Palmer, Jets boss Robbie Middleby and assistant coach Michael Bridges went on a sales pitch to the United Kingdom last month.

But any potential leads are unlikely to come to fruition in the immediate future.

The Jets’ cash-flow situation has not been helped by playing the opening four games away due to the resurfacing of Hunter Stadium.

Player wages are covered by $2.45million in grants from the FFA specifically for that purpose, but the Herald understands that the Jets struggled last week to meet coaching and ancillary staff wages due on the 15th of the month.

FFA has repeatedly assured Jets fans that if required it would prop up the club as long as needed.

The governing body stepped in when former owner Con Constantine could not meet player entitlements in September 2010 before Tinkler assumed ownership.

“FFA has been in regular contact with the Tinkler Group in light of the decision to seek new investors in the Newcastle Jets,” an FFA spokesperson told the Herald on Wednesday.

“We’ve been closely monitoring the situation in order to be satisfied that the football club would make a smooth start to the A-League, W-League and Youth League seasons.

“Despite the circumstances, the Jets management has given the coaches, players and team staff what they need to get on with the job of competing in the national competitions.”

Since the end of last season the Jets have cut costs dramatically, despite the transfer of midfielder Josh Brillante (Fiorentina) and striker Adam Taggart (Fulham) to European clubs for an estimated $700,000.

While the Jets’ situation is dire, any ongoing financial issues Tinkler has with the tax office have nothing to do with the Knights or the NRL, an NRL spokesman said.

‘‘There are no outstanding tax debts and Mr Tinkler has no debts with the NRL,’’ the NRL spokesman said.

Knights Members Club chairman Nicholas Dan was certain all outstanding debts were settled during the members club’s protracted settlement negotiations with the NRL and Tinkler’s Hunter Sports Group management company this year.

‘‘All of that was taken into account during our negotiations. They were the sorts of things everyone wanted to make sure were covered at the time,’’ Dan said.

The NRL took over from Tinkler and HSG as controlling owners of the Knights on June 14.

In a statement issued at that time, NRL chief executive Dave Smith said what was left of Tinkler’s $10.52million bank guarantee would be used to pay HSG’s ‘‘existing employee and supplier obligations and to provide $5.1million in start-up funds for the new club’’.
    Been a few weeks without one of these stories

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Been a few weeks without one of these stories
    Omfg MFAW if you're going to copy/paste the whole article at least supply the link for the people!

Here you go guys
    OK

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Omfg MFAW if you're going to copy/paste the whole article at least supply the link for the people!

Here you go guys
    WLG >> Couscous can **** off.

I ain't providing links to them on the basis he is the way he is with his need to link everything back to them. **** Him

maybe i should have purchased a membership. my $12.50 payment could have helped deansy through a rough patch
    we will loose

Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    maybe i should have purchased a membership. my $12.50 payment could have helped deansy through a rough patch
    How is Bridges meant to update his twitter if he can't afford his internet bill ffs.
    OK

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    Deansy is gone. Centrelink are funding him now