Page 94 of 105 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 2085

Thread: Insert Name Here aka The Ownership Thread

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    it'd be less work to organise a supporter group than to do all your posts on here. get to it, chop chop
    Ha!
    Zero chance.
    I don't think it'd work.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Ill rephrase he question then....

Why would they bother doing all the legwork to create a community ownership model when the community aren't exactly knocking down their door to make it happen ourselves?

Why do all they work when it's easier to find a rich dude?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be able fork out 500 a seaso to be part of the community group that own some share of the club - but it's up to us to force the issue, not wait till the FFA do it. Am I willing to do the legwork? no. So I'm not gonna bitch that no one else is either.

Complaining that they won't set it up, when we wont either is pointless.

One of the biggest a issues facing our club is that we are all sitting waiting for some else to sort it, while complaining that no-one is trying to sort it.

Perpetual negativity without any action to force change is what really holds us back.

If we aren't willing to get up and force change, constant negativity from the sidelines does nothing to help. It's like the active support issues expanded.
    Some fair points raised Gaz and I agree the football community in this town just aren't proactive and robust enough. Having said that I think you also need some big personalities and individuals who can galvanize support, provide leadership and get things happening.
    Having ongoing Members Forums and having likes of Griff and Andy Roberts involved would have been a good starting point but this should have been happening 6-7 months ago. I feel the horse had already bolted now.

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Some fair points raised Gaz and I agree the football community in this town just aren't proactive and robust enough. Having said that I think you also need some big personalities and individuals who can galvanize support, provide leadership and get things happening.
    Having ongoing Members Forums and having likes of Griff and Andy Roberts involved would have been a good starting point but this should have been happening 6-7 months ago. I feel the horse had already bolted now.
    Why don't you contact Roberts or Griff to see what they think?
    I'm serious, they are both easy to find. It might answer some of your questions.
    Don't die wondering.

Season over. Get this sorted ffa farken!!!!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Season over. Get this sorted ffa farken!!!!!!
    I thinking if any of these Chinese or Hawaiian gypo overlords are coming in we will be hearing something in the next week

Give the Pissants a day or two to have their glory and fame then keep the positive press flowing with the Jets get new owner stuff

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Ha!
    Zero chance.
    I don't think it'd work.
    not with that pansie attitude...

ok, so if we all put in $10,000 each we'll be up n running....who's in?

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    then keep the positive press flowing with the Jets get new owner stuff
    The hell is positive about our shitful club getting new idiot in to **** it all up again?
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

I may be wrong, but didn't de Bohun say on the Daily Football Show the other week that he was committed to finalising it before he left the job?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    I may be wrong, but didn't de Bohun say on the Daily Football Show the other week that he was committed to finalising it before he left the job?
    He been committed to a lot of things in his time at FFA

He has delivered on SFA on most of them so why would this be any certainty??

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    The hell is positive about our shitful club getting new idiot in to **** it all up again?
    Me and you can start a X Out thread on the Foz and rile the natives up for a start .

There is your silver lining we can just run with it from there

Me and you can start a X Out thread on the Foz and rile the natives up for a start .

This is an important and valid point.
    Bring on the new useless ****s.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Word from my source is that Martin Lee has completed the purchase of the club for an undisclosed fee. The originally quoted price of $5 million was not final - as FFA wanted to recoup some of their costs lost on the club. It is believed that the fee is somewhere around the $7.3 million mark.

Club will also announce a new CEO who is none other than ex-gypo coach - and current mayor of gypoland - Lawrie McKinna.

McKinna is the one who helped broker the deal after Lee originally came to Australia with the intention of buying the scum - however he was put off by Mike Charlesworth's $15 million asking price for the club.

Oh and he also realised Gosford is a dump.

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseTheNord View Post
    Word from my source is that Martin Lee has completed the purchase of the club for an undisclosed fee. The originally quoted price of $5 million was not final - as FFA wanted to recoup some of their costs lost on the club. It is believed that the fee is somewhere around the $7.3 million mark.

Club will also announce a new CEO who is none other than ex-gypo coach - and current mayor of gypoland - Lawrie McKinna.

McKinna is the one who helped broker the deal after Lee originally came to Australia with the intention of buying the scum - however he was put off by Mike Charlesworth's $15 million asking price for the club.

Hopefully follows the announcement by showing he is serious by signing Forniaroli and Castro as Marquees and Brings Jimmy Holland home

McKinna.

this will be fun.

He's Coastie through and through

BUT
    He's been burnt bad by them and the salt is flowing - there's no fury like Scotsman scorned.
    He help Gorman build that club at the start of the "new football" and they were pretty bloody good at linking with the community etc
    He played for the breakers.
    They wont exist in three years time anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

Banned

Think it is time to start the McKinna Out thread now.

Rabid hun

Holy **** there's already gypo sympathisers out in force?

You suckers will fall for anything.

Think it is time to start the McKinna Out thread now.
    And BagpipesOut thread?
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Holy **** there's already gypo sympathisers out in force?

You suckers will fall for anything.
    sympathisers will get head shaved and sign around neck to influence random beatings. just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseTheNord View Post

Sounds pretty right i was told 3 weeks ago that the deal was done and Martin Lee had until the end of the month (May) to come up with the cash