Page 105 of 105 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105
Results 2,081 to 2,085 of 2085

Thread: Insert Name Here aka The Ownership Thread

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Griff

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Having Gallop there makes sense. Demonstrates the support of the league in what Lee is trying to do with branding the club over in China.

It's also a chance to network between the FFA and the Jets. Can't hurt to have the ear of the FFA chief. I agree with Sammydog that perhaps the FFA will start to see some value in our club which can result in later games which can be broadcast overseas at a friendlier time for Beijing.
    Thats the thing, if the FFA are serious about branding in China, and we are pushing that heavily, we become one of the clubs that FFA can't afford to see fail.

Generally thats been the Sydney and Melbourne teams, but with what Lee is doing we may have just become that much more important to the FFA.

Or maybe Gallop is just there for the big press conference where they announce Timmy is signing for us. (wishful thinking on my part)

He's there because griff is there.
    If you had the option to be where griff was, wouldn't you?

Some of you lot read way to much into things.

Hail griff! Getting the FFA to finally recognize us.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Having Gallop there makes sense. Demonstrates the support of the league in what Lee is trying to do with branding the club over in China.

It's also a chance to network between the FFA and the Jets. Can't hurt to have the ear of the FFA chief. I agree with Sammydog that perhaps the FFA will start to see some value in our club which can result in later games which can be broadcast overseas at a friendlier time for Beijing.
    Yeah mate, I can see the logic behind it and of course it gives Martin Lee, as Jetmaster put it more "credibility" having the FFA boss come all the way to China.
    Still, a part of me is filthy especially with the way the FFA allowed the club to reach the low levels of being a total basket-case under Tinkler and Stubbins before acting. Even last year was just a "patch-up" job just so they could have a 10-team comp....no real effort to pump a little extra dollars/resources in to make the club more competitive. Yeah, it's all under the bridge now but I for one won't be forgetting that period of our history.

https://twitter.com/NewcastleJetsFC/...89849568538624

Jets branding will feature on the LED throughout every China League One match until the end of the season!
    Strategy is slowly revealing itself.