Page 3 of 105 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Insert Name Here aka The Ownership Thread

Pffffffttttt, dont looked stressed to me.

Look at how awesome he is.

Go Tinks!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Pffffffttttt, dont looked stressed to me.

Look at how awesome he is.

Go Tinks!!!!
    That has to be one of the all-time greatest photos. Great post plague

Singo's had one look at the big guy and had trouble holding his shite together; the missus is loving the Singo-Tinks sandwich whilst singing 'I'm in the Money'; and Tinks is releasing some hard-earned gas.

Brilliant!

Banned
    Anyways his hoping his horse All Too Hard gets up in this weeks Cox Plate. Being a little bro of Black Caviar saluting in the best race field in the country to confirm status as best horse in the country will see this little ponies stocks as a stallion go through the roof. Tinks could do with the propping up of his empire and we can do with Joel Griffiths. All to Hard wins and Tinks makes money. Tinks makes money then we get it. It's all a circle and you know who I am barracking for.

THe first clown that tries telling me the WS Cox Plate isn't the best race in Australia and starts up with Melburn Cup is a Gypo

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    THe first clown that tries telling me the WS Cox Plate isn't the best race in Australia and starts up with Melburn Cup is a Gypo
    Since coming to this country some 20 years ago, I've always loved the Group 2 Theo Marks Stakes.

Banned
    Poor bugger got run down in the last 50 yards and came 2nd!!! 150 yards out he had it in the bag but the winner proved too strong. Ohh well Tinks will just have to find another avenue to prop up his teetering empire and we will plug along Griffoless as per usual

Nathan Tinkler prepared to quit racing, will stick by Newcastle Knights and Jets

Ray Thomas
    The Daily Telegraph
    November 01, 2012 12:00AM

Nathan Tinkler says his racing interests aren't as enjoyable as they used to be. Source: The Daily Telegraph

MULTI-millionaire owner Nathan Tinkler remains committed to the Newcastle Knights and Jets football clubs - but he is prepared to walk away from his thoroughbred racing and breeding empire for the right price.

The former electrician turned mining magnate, businessman and thoroughbred owner-breeder contacted The Daily Telegraph yesterday to set the record straight on a number of issues, both on and off the racetrack.

In an open and frank interview, Tinkler confirmed he will continue to provide financial support to both Newcastle footy clubs, will further rationalise his racing interests, and took a swipe at the media.

In a surprising admission, Tinkler said his Patinack Farm racing and breeding operation is "not as enjoyable as it once was".

"I love my racing but I'm living overseas now and I'm not as hands-on as I'd like to be," Tinkler said.

"There is no one in the horse industry that wants to speak positive about anyone.

"The racing industry is a self-promoter's dream and I am not a self-promoter.

"If there was one thing that I could change about myself, that would be to like reading about myself and seeing myself in the papers but I just don't."

Aku Uate in action for the Newcastle Knights. Picture: Gregg Porteous Source: The Daily Telegraph

Tinkler confirmed plans to further close down his Hawkesbury training base, reduce his Melbourne stable capacity from 50 horse to 25, and concentrate his racing interests with stables at Randwick in Sydney and Canungra, near Brisbane.

"In Melbourne, the focus will be on two- and three-year-olds."

Tinkler then admitted that if someone offered him the right price for his thoroughbred empire, he would consider selling it all - just like Bob Ingham did in 2008 when Darley paid a reported $700 million to buy his entire racing and breeding operation.

"I'd consider selling, and I'd also very much consider a partner," he explained. "In particular, a Chinese partner because the racing industry worldwide needs China to embrace the racing industry.

"If it does, then racing would become part of the world's biggest economy and that would be good for the sport globally."

There were reports Tinkler was trying to off-load his racing and breeding interests to an oil-rich Arab sheik earlier this year. Tinkler was reluctant to talk about the details but had a slightly different take on the issue yesterday.

"I wouldn't sell it to him," he said. "I don't think Australian racing needs more sheiks. Australian racing needs characters and people they can relate to, not more faceless foreign owners."

When I asked him about his football interests and whether he wanted to sell his stake in NRL's Newcastle Knights and the A-League's Newcastle Jets, Tinkler said he was in both clubs for the long haul.

"That is a completely different thing," he said.

"Both clubs are very close to my heart, they are community-based, and I don't need to have a lot to do with the clubs. There are no financial issues with either club, they are safe and secure, they are all fine.

"Racehorses take management, man-hours, lots of people, all those sort of things.

"Fortunately, there is no manes on most of those footy players so they can think and speak for themselves.

"The footy clubs are a much easier business to manage - horses is just massive, the money is massive, everything is just too hard."

Newcastle Jets marquee man Emile Heskey nets another goal. Source: Getty Images

Tinkler's financial woes seem to make the business pages almost on a daily basis but the man himself once again has a different take on the issue - and had the media in his cross-hairs.

"There has definitely, absolutely, been a spirited media campaign to get me," Tinkler said. "It does piss me off but I just brush it way, I've got broad shoulders.

"But some sections of the media treat me like I was Christopher Skase, breathing through a mask, sitting in a wheelchair in Majorca.

"I never run from anybody, everyone always gets paid.

"I would say the noisy few have made a lot of people nervous and there is no need to be."

Tinkler sent more than 200 broodmares through a Gold Coast sale ring this week as he went about rationalising his thoroughbred business.

He denied the sell-off was because his thoroughbred racing and breeding empire was bleeding financially.

"Earlier this year, one of my staff told me that I was going to have 1800 horses shortly," Tinkler said.

"I just said: 'Mate, what?'

So, this sale was designed to get the numbers back to 1500 horses.

"I believe a more sustainable level is about 800 to 900 horses. "This is a bad time to be selling but we have so many foals hitting the ground we had to do something.

"We will have a lot of yearlings to sell next year and we will be selling at the tried horse sales, too.

Tinkler pointed out every large racing and breeding operation needed to cull some of their stock each year.

"Darley disposes of horses constantly but we tend to evaluate our business every nine months or so," he said.

"I was happy with the results of the sale and thank the buyers who came."

John Thompson trains exclusively for Tinkler - with the obvious exception of super colt All Too Hard, who is prepared by John Hawkes and his sons, Wayne and Michael,

"I've got to say 'Thommo' is going terrific," Tinkler said. "What can you say about a guy who has delivered me a couple of hundred winners for the last couple of years.

"He puts up with all this 'shit' in the media but he gets on with it, does his job. He's not just a great trainer, he's a great person and I love him like a brother.

"As for 'Hawkesy', there is two blokes with a short fuse so if it wasn't going to work, it wasn't going to work early.

"But he knows his stuff, he's a great guy and I have no problem with him."
    Wish I was as confident for the jets, at least the knights potentially have that bank guarantee, should the worst happen.

In one fell swoop, he shoots down 95% of the media beatup against him.

Onya Tinks.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    In one fell swoop, he shoots down 95% of the media beatup against him.

Onya Tinks.
    yeah Dorothy Dixer type questioning/soft interviews tend to make you appear like a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post

Was there.
    Best day at races ever.
    Did well on the punt.
    Missed omen bet on Murinho paying about $9. Oh well.
    No complaints though.

In other news thank you G.Boss.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/tinkl...120-29n14.html

The first card in Tink's mansion of cards looks like it could be starting to tumble. Good thing he fled to Singapore, don't think you can be extradited to Australia for a civil offence such as insolvent trading.

hoping he's got all his companies appropriately firewalled from each other.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/anoth...121-29pax.html

Next one to go. Hope the Jerks can put in a good season to finish off on - I reckon we'd be short odds to not be around next season! Pity they don't have a $20 million bank guarantee like the Knights

Tinkler's Mulsanne Resources in hands of liquidators
    By PADDY MANNING
    Nov. 21, 2012, 4:10 a.m.

ON paper, Nathan Tinkler is worth more than half a billion dollars. But one of his private companies, Mulsanne Resources, is now in the hands of liquidators after he failed to come up with $28.4 million.

Mulsanne, named after a Bentley car model, owed the money to a coal exploration company, the Blackwood Corporation.

But although hearings in the NSW Supreme Court were twice adjourned so a settlement could be negotiated, Mr Tinkler’s lawyers failed to appear before registrar Nicholas Flaskas yesterday.

A Tinkler Group spokesman said the Mulsanne liquidation would not affect its other companies, including the Hunter Sports Group, the Newcastle Knights and Newcastle Jets.

Ferrier Hodgson were appointed liquidators of Mulsanne – a shelf company without assets, apparently established solely to invest in Blackwood – and will start an investigation likely to take until February.

If the liquidators find evidence of insolvent trading, the three directors of Mulsanne, including Mr Tinkler, could be held personally liable for its debts, and be banned as company directors.

For once, Mr Tinkler did not come up with the cash.

Over the past two months, business journalists have been trundling in and out of courtrooms before Mr Tinkler’s lawyers have settled with litigants at the last moment.

Each time Mr Tinkler has settled, the question remained: where has the money come from?

Mr Tinkler has faced intensifying speculation about his financial position as the value of his main asset, 19.4 per cent of listed Whitehaven Coal, has halved since April. Then worth $1.1 billion, his stake was worth $*** million yesterday.

But Mr Tinkler, who has moved to Singapore, also has significant debts, consolidated with hedge fund Farallon and estimated by Fairfax Media to be up to $638 million. However his spokesman has consistently indicated the true figure was ‘‘a mere fraction’’ of that.

As his paper wealth has fallen, Mr Tinkler has fended off a series of legal actions against a number of his companies, managing to settle at the last minute.

It is not clear where the funds have come from, but last month his aligned Buildev Group sold a development site in North Richmond for about $15 million.

Mr Tinkler’s cashflow problems were such at one point that, according to his racehorse trainer, John Thompson, the Patinack Farm stable was at times unable to cover horse feed and other costs.

But another spokesman for Patinack later said that that was not the case. Hunter Sports Group has reportedly been behind on staff payments and Mr Tinkler’s private jet is reportedly under a repossession order, although a representative of the mining magnate says he was unaware of this.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/11...dators/?cs=305
    So by this HSG is still safe....

Tinkler's Patinack Farm placed in liquidation
    By DONNA PAGE
    Nov. 21, 2012, 1:22 p.m.

NATHAN Tinkler’s Patinack Farm Administration has been placed in liquidation over a $17,000 debt owed to WorkCover South Australia.

The Federal Court, sitting in Adelaide, ordered the company be wound up and its assets liquidated this morning.

The company, which lists Mr Tinkler and Hunter Sports Group chief executive Troy Palmer as directors, owed $16,977.56 in unpaid levies

Yesterday the NSW Supreme Court ordered’s Mr Tinkler’s Mulsanne Resources be placed in liquidation after it failed to settle a $28.4 million debt with Queensland coal explorer Blackwood Corporation.

It is understood Mr Tinkler’s racing empire Patinack Farm employs more than 70 people in the Hunter Valley.
    Then this happens, not looking good at the moment for Tinks, What's cons finances like these days

Quote Originally Posted by Pico View Post
    So by this HSG is still safe....
    Not sure I'd be trusting too much a Tinkler spokesman says, weren't all the stories of unpaid tradies and employees, outstanding super and cash flow issues throughout the empire just a beatup by the Herald and everything was rosy in Tinkletown?

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pico View Post
    What's cons finances like these days
    just quietly

much, much worse

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    just quietly

much, much worse
    Yeah, Con is selling his penthouse apartment in our building.. Was thinking of making the move from level 6 up to 12.. Not sure I'll be able to afford it though.. hahaha
    http://walkom.com.au/buying/search/d...f-143186caa480

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    I know where you live now

and I don't think it was his choice to sell

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    I know where you live now

and I don't think it was his choice to sell
    You are right, I would assume it isn't his choice.. I'm pretty sure his daughter lives(d) there, occasionally mail addressed to her is left around in the foyer..

(Don't pretend you hadn't already used all of your mod powers to stalk me down, Boz.. )

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Yeah, Con is selling his penthouse apartment in our building.. Was thinking of making the move from level 6 up to 12.. Not sure I'll be able to afford it though.. hahaha
    http://walkom.com.au/buying/search/d...f-143186caa480
    It's a good thing this Windalian is now living in Germany. :P