Page 44 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast

Thread: Insert Name Here aka The Ownership Thread

If tinks is serious about keeping the licence and keep the attendances at a decent level he needs some serious show of intent.

A positive CEO appointment and a couple of decent players signings.

Anyone catch sst last night? They said last nights show was focused on a-league transfers. Doubt we would of featured much

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    See, this is the kind of stuff that's helpful.
    Although as you said some of the teams numbers seem a little odd (I think we all know that City has more than 2 staff) cheers for posting.

I know that when Tinks first took over he was using the same physio company that the Knights used so effectively we had (from memory) 4 or 5 'physios' but they were by no means full time with our team.
    I'm pretty sure they use different people now so no idea how many they have access to.
    No doubt it's way less though.
    Yeah, it's by no means a perfect research method, some have their kit man on the page, we don't, and I know we have one.
    KUTGW ANDO!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post

A positive CEO appointment and a couple of decent players signings.
    So Palmer and Mullen not enough?
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    So Palmer and Mullen not enough?
    No

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by redwah View Post
    Honestly can anyone say that if we had more money to spend those doing the spending would make the same choices.....it looks like with decisions like the GVE reappointment and extension but we're those decisions made with financial constraints in place or were they made freely?

If the decisions you mention and things like GVE's second coming were freely made then yeah those making those choices and spending the money should be replaced.

In my opinion more money allows for better quality people In All positions, be that decision makers, technical or playing staff. The buck stops with the man with the money who appoints those people that make the decisions all along. My argument has always been that if the club had more money the people making the decisions wouldn't be those that have been, thus hopefully getting better decision making and better spending along the way. All this would, as im sure many would like, see some form of cultural shift. Alas whilst tinkler is the money man none of this will happen.
    So you finally agree with us on the fact the decision makers need to be making the right ones and this is more imperative than anything??

Sure I will agree with you now that more money to our off field support staff would not be a bad thing then on the proviso it was well invested and in the right areas with personnel that could make a difference.

Problem still is we need to get the right person in to make these choices other wise we will just fritter money away AGAIN

No point really having 8 coaches on the bench alongside the Manager if the grand output from them in improving our playing group is exactly the same than what we are getting from our current under resourced department of Stubbins Zane Bridges and co

Though I do disagree with your point that more money allows better quality people in all positions. I will though agree more money allows the opportunity to be employing higher paid and higher credentialed staff on paper. Just because that is on paper does not mean that it will actually work in the real world.

On Paper we have a side that could be in the Top 4 - Reality is it is only the bizarre situation at WSW that is seeing us not occupying last

On paper the Knights under Tinkler had one of the best coaches who ever coached Rubgy League - Reality they never looked like winning a title under Bennett despite him turning every other club he has been to into title chances.

On paper and reality are two different things

you're caring more than what the club does. big mistake

Remo nogarotto thinks it should be george liolio as CEO

So you finally agree with us on the fact the decision makers need to be making the right ones and this is more imperative than anything??

Sure I will agree with you now that more money to our off field support staff would not be a bad thing then on the proviso it was well invested and in the right areas with personnel that could make a difference.

Problem still is we need to get the right person in to make these choices other wise we will just fritter money away AGAIN

No point really having 8 coaches on the bench alongside the Manager if the grand output from them in improving our playing group is exactly the same than what we are getting from our current under resourced department of Stubbins Zane Bridges and co

Though I do disagree with your point that more money allows better quality people in all positions. I will though agree more money allows the opportunity to be employing higher paid and higher credentialed staff on paper. Just because that is on paper does not mean that it will actually work in the real world.

On Paper we have a side that could be in the Top 4 - Reality is it is only the bizarre situation at WSW that is seeing us not occupying last

On paper the Knights under Tinkler had one of the best coaches who ever coached Rubgy League - Reality they never looked like winning a title under Bennett despite him turning every other club he has been to into title chances.

On paper and reality are two different things
    I wouldn't say finally agree....more so clarifying my own point....in professional sport, as in most things, you get what you pay for and in the case of the jets we seem to pay for **** all.

I'm sure that RM, as with gidley at the Knights, was a extremely cheap option that tinkler thought would serve as a token figurehead because of his connection to the town. If he, or any other owner for that matter, would have invested more money, remembering that the a league is still in its infancy and competes with 3 other football codes and cricket for the bulk of capable athletes in this country, then a better credentialed, more savvy CEO could/would have been employed. This would then flow to other administration staff, coaching and support staff and playing staff. This would also flow to better facilities across the board.
    I'm certain, as I'm sure many are, that if and when our ownership is sorted that some of the decisions in the past will not be repeated (God I hope so anyway...GVE i'm looking at you).

As many people say this area is a nursery for football full of history and potential, my only hope is that whoever takes over sees that potential, nurtures it but doesn't forget the present because God knows we need something to cheer now...

So my point all along has been that with more money better things SHOULD happen, they don't always as you have pointed out, but should.
    Last edited by redwah; 13-01-2015 at 07:46 PM.

Interesting to see the improvement in the national team at the moment.
    Any lessons for the Jets?

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/30903426

Bbc reporting the sale is still getting negotiated.....interesting times

The dundee united forums are a decent read when articles pop up. Half seem to think their owner will buy the jets and then sell dundee and emigrate, the other half seem to believe its a good thing and will help them become a stronger club.

So, the bit of read there is that they all think he will buy?

The latest rumours here in Dundee, are that It will be Stephen Thompson who is interested in buying the Jets, and not Dundee United Football Club.

Sounds like our chairman is on the verge of emigrating down under, and possibly selling United..

Mr. Thompson has family in Oz, and with Scottish Football like a Circus just now, thanks to the Glasgow club formely known as Rangers, Thompson might just want to find pastures new !

Anyone else thinking tinks may just sell off part of the jets to this Thomson fella and let him run the joint?

Banned
    Anyone else thinking tinks may just sell off part of the jets to this Thomson fella and let him run the joint?
    No

Tinks is doing a Clive Palmer in my opinion and is squeezing the FFA for his pay out.

He wants out and selling part is of little use to him

Quote Originally Posted by Menzieshill_Arab View Post
    The latest rumours here in Dundee, are that It will be Stephen Thompson who is interested in buying the Jets, and not Dundee United Football Club.

Sounds like our chairman is on the verge of emigrating down under, and possibly selling United..

Mr. Thompson has family in Oz, and with Scottish Football like a Circus just now, thanks to the Glasgow club formely known as Rangers, Thompson might just want to find pastures new !

Was never known as Rangers, only as the Huns
    Go jetties

No

Tinks is doing a Clive Palmer in my opinion and is squeezing the FFA for his pay out.

He wants out and selling part is of little use to him
    only thing is clive palmer ****ed up; with his freedom of speech shit

FFA might be playing the same game, both trying to wait each other out.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

With Tinklers history with business partners I'd say no. I doubt Thompson would be that stupid anyway even if Tinks offered. The interesting thing is the claimed continued talks in london, whilst tinks has made every possible noise that he's not selling, me thinks these on going negotiations are with FFA reps not tinks, lining up their ducks for post Asian Cup moves to transition the licence con style.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

Yes tinks forces FFA to pay him a fee and then they have Thompson lined up to step straight in.

Banned
    Yes tinks forces FFA to pay him a fee and then they have Thompson lined up to step straight in.
    My way of seeing it.

Tinks most likely feels he will get a better fee from FFA than he will from Dundee Utd so instead of selling direct to Dundee Utd sell to the reluctant buyer FFA who will have to pay more due to their obligations to Foxtel and the game in general