Page 45 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast

Thread: Insert Name Here aka The Ownership Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pico View Post
    With Tinklers history with business partners I'd say no. I doubt Thompson would be that stupid anyway even if Tinks offered. The interesting thing is the claimed continued talks in london, whilst tinks has made every possible noise that he's not selling, me thinks these on going negotiations are with FFA reps not tinks, lining up their ducks for post Asian Cup moves to transition the licence con style.
    This makes sense, Pico.

Certainly nothing is going to happen while the Asian Cup is on. Tinkler is just big-noting through the local media in the interim.

My only concern is the damage he is doing behind the scenes in the interim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    only thing is clive palmer ****ed up; with his freedom of speech shit

FFA might be playing the same game, both trying to wait each other out.
    I don't think Palmer ****ed up even with the Freedom of Speech shit.

Palmer was quite prepared to cut and run from the HAL. He just wanted the FFA to act so he couldn't get sued. He was just doing everything in his power to incite the FFA to act without breaching his licence and facing the possibility of a legal pay out costing him more in the grand scheme of things

Bloke played the game well from his end and most of it was just posturing bull shit

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    No

Tinks is doing a Clive Palmer in my opinion and is squeezing the FFA for his pay out.

He wants out and selling part is of little use to him
    Remind me again when was the last time FFA paid an owner for a failing club licence, it won't happen. It's been reported in the past that the licence agreements are so far in favour of the FFA that quite a few clubs operating in the HAL are technically in breach of their licence, here they list just a few, none that we would appear to have breached, curiously the term engaging the football community has been dragged out recently by the FFA spokespeople, it does demonstrate the varied level detail of the club participation agreement that govern the clubs.
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    This makes sense, Pico.

Certainly nothing is going to happen while the Asian Cup is on. Tinkler is just big-noting through the local media in the interim.

My only concern is the damage he is doing behind the scenes in the interim.
    I think he'll try and cover all the potential breaches of the club participation agreement so he can hang onto the club in the hope he can somehow sell it. Whilst the FFA will be looking for an material breach of any nature to use to remove it. My moneys on FFA getting out of this with two things, the jets club license and not paying Tinkler a dime.
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

Does anyone know where Troy Palmer is ? London perhaps ?

Quote Originally Posted by R Ramjet View Post
    Does anyone know where Troy Palmer is ? London perhaps ?
    Plenty of talk about Dundee owners talking to someone from the Jets over there...could be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    Plenty of talk about Dundee owners talking to someone from the Jets over there...could be interesting.
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30903426

Dundee United owner closer to Newcastle Jets takeover

By Jim Spence
    BBC Sport
    The sale of Australian club Newcastle Jets to Dundee United owner Stephen Thompson has moved a stage closer.
    The Tannadice owner, who was in Australia recently to meet Jets officials, flew to London on Thursday for further talks about the deal.
    But, while discussions are at an advanced stage, the move could fall foul of Scottish Football Association rules on dual ownership.
    Any such move would require the approval of the SFA's main board.
    Thompson would be required to seek approval from the board under the rules governing dual ownership and would need to provide a detailed business plan, along with certain guarantees on issues such as shareholding and fiduciary responsibilities.
    In December, the SFA rejected Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley's request to raise his shareholding in Rangers International Football Club to 29.9%.

The club have denied Celtic have made an approach for Stuart Armstrong
    The Jets franchise has been for sale for some time, with owner Nathan Tinkler keen to offload the club that finished seventh in the A-League last season.
    Jets officials travelled to England more than three months ago to seek out interested parties in the sale of the club.
    It led to negotiations with Thompson, who owns just over 51% of the Scottish Premiership club.
    Meanwhile, United say Celtic have made no approach for midfielder Stuart Armstrong.
    Celtic have signed winger Gary Mackay Steven on a pre-contract agreement, leading to reports they had also made a move for Armstrong.
    Last edited by Fairgo; 21-01-2015 at 05:57 PM.

Yet another story coming out while eyes were on socceroos - Palmer gawn apparently
    http://www.theherald.com.au/story/28...-ways/?src=rss
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

The list is starting to dwindle. Whose left?
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Banned
    The list is starting to dwindle. Whose left?
    Hopefully Bridges gets the axe soon

Quote Originally Posted by Pico View Post
    With Tinklers history with business partners I'd say no. I doubt Thompson would be that stupid anyway even if Tinks offered. The interesting thing is the claimed continued talks in london, whilst tinks has made every possible noise that he's not selling, me thinks these on going negotiations are with FFA reps not tinks, lining up their ducks for post Asian Cup moves to transition the licence con style.
    Thats an interesting theory. Makes sense on a number of levels. This would explain Tinkler's sudden interest in running the club properly if he had wind that FFA were looking at outs. I wonder if the FFA have decided to pay out Tinks for the licence then onsell to Thompson.

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    Thats an interesting theory. Makes sense on a number of levels. This would explain Tinkler's sudden interest in running the club properly if he had wind that FFA were looking at outs. I wonder if the FFA have decided to pay out Tinks for the licence then onsell to Thompson.
    Don't be silly. The FFA pay for something...

Would really love some journo to get old Con's thoughts on all this.

Tinkler. Get out of our club

Ok, so I had a thought about the ownership and the representative still negotiating the sale.

Is it possible that we're looking at this the wrong way? Could they be negotiating for the licence, not the Jets? Could that mean that if ownership is removed they could relocate ala WSW? Foxsports only want 10 teams. And at the rate players are looking to leave us and the number of back room staff we have left the FFA and Thompson could think it may be easier and cleaner to just disband the jets and start elsewhere.

Thoughts?

Ok, so I had a thought about the ownership and the representative still negotiating the sale.

Is it possible that we're looking at this the wrong way? Could they be negotiating for the licence, not the Jets? Could that mean that if ownership is removed they could relocate ala WSW? Foxsports only want 10 teams. And at the rate players are looking to leave us and the number of back room staff we have left the FFA and Thompson could think it may be easier and cleaner to just disband the jets and start elsewhere.

Thoughts?

I gotta be honest, I've been thinking this too.

Though, when Tinks took over I vaguely remember one of the FFA head honchos (can't remember who) saying that the tv deal had mention of there always being a team in Newcastle

Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post

Though, when Tinks took over I vaguely remember one of the FFA head honchos (can't remember who) saying that the tv deal had mention of there always being a team in Newcastle
    Yeah that de bohun fella assured us they were committed to a team in newcastle. With 10k members under shite ownership they'd be mad to move the licence, even if the memberships are half price.

Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post

Was that the old deal? Hasn't there been a re-negotiation since then? Interesting if so.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Yeah that de bohun fella assured us they were committed to a team in newcastle. With 10k members under shite ownership they'd be mad to move the licence, even if the memberships are half price.
    Playing devils advocate, it's easier to say something to the fans to appease them so you only have to deal with an owner and not a disgruntled fan base. You can always go back on your word and claim that the new licence owner wasn't intereseted in newcastle and for the good of the league etc etc

Thoughts?
    If they want to kill the entire fan base in this area forever and turn everyone into committed rugby league supporters that would be a good way for them to go.

Quote Originally Posted by hausmann View Post
    If they want to kill the entire fan base in this area forever and turn everyone into committed rugby league supporters that would be a good way for them to go.
    I don't disagree it kill the entire fan base. They are saying the right things about keeping a team in the region but until things go down we're all just hypothecising I suppose.

I for one won't become a Rugby League fan either.