Page 49 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast

Thread: Insert Name Here aka The Ownership Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pico View Post
    If Tinks can't come up with a measly 140k to pay NNSW or even the 30k for ray watt, what chance does he have of hiring a legal team to work for him in this prolonged legal battle. It wasn't that long ago that his legal representatives actually joined the list of creditors and refused to do any further work for the bloke.
    True but reckon there's not being able to pay and simply not wanting to
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    My take on this (& I have had some hints from a well placed source)

Tinkler wants his $5 million. He believes Low screwed him (do unto others....... haha). Apparently Dundee were talking less the half that including paying out debts. Tinkler is the nasty kid who, if he can't have things his way will make sure no one else can have it. He will bring things to the edge of destruction in an effort to force the FFA to cough up the other half. Basically, the FFA pays or he slashes and burns to have the FFA come under pressure from sponsors and TV. Palmer has not gone away, he has just gone underground and is busy. Tinkler will ramp up the pain until the FFA pays. He will drag out court action and prolong the agony until he is paid.

As the paper suggested: give the fat fu#k what he wants and get him out of our team
    just take it away from him first then have the court case in the background. I prefer to avoid further crash n burn

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    just take it away from him first then have the court case in the background. I prefer to avoid further crash n burn
    Hopefully that's what we'll hear during this week.

Rumours rife at Strathfield station yesterday that Mark Rudan is buying the club, and installing himself as Chaiman and manager.

Tinkler would slap an injunction on any action and would continue to run/own the club pending an outcome of the court case which would stretch on for months.

Palmer tried the same and failed but imo his breaches were by far more clear cut, Freedom of Speech for example.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Rumours rife at Strathfield station yesterday that Mark Rudan is buying the club, and installing himself as Chaiman and manager.

Funnily enough I was having dinner the other night with some people who told me about a local footballing 'identity' putting together a deal with the FFA to take over.
    I know the people who told me are well connected to the bloke involved so it sounded legit.
    He didn't say how far advanced it was.

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    Tinkler would slap an injunction on any action and would continue to run/own the club pending an outcome of the court case which would stretch on for months.

Palmer tried the same and failed but imo his breaches were by far more clear cut, Freedom of Speech for example.
    I don't know if they are more clear cut. The court respected that FFA has the right to protect the integrity of its own football competition in the case of GCU. I don't see how this situation is any different. How is "Freedom of Speech" any more serious than the circus that is currently going on?

I think in these situations, the participation agreement is stacked in the FFA's favour, precisely because they have tv rights obligations and have an ethical requirement to keep the competition fair and honest. It's in no one's interest for a team to tank like this.

Tinkler is a bully. You don't give in to bullies. If you do, he'll just leverage the power you've given him to extract more pain. Bullies also end up finding out they've got no ground to stand on when they are stood up to.

He can scheme all he wants in the background but it seems when all his scheming is brought before the law he gets smashed.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Funnily enough I was having dinner the other night with some people who told me about a local footballing 'identity' putting together a deal with the FFA to take over.
    I know the people who told me are well connected to the bloke involved so it sounded legit.
    He didn't say how far advanced it was.
    Wouldn't be Andy Roberts by any chance?
    I think the majority of supporters want the whole place cleaned out and start afresh with new management and coaching staff.
    We need good football people with smarts and passion like Roberts and David Eland to take up roles in the new era.

It's Bridgey stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Quote Originally Posted by hausmann View Post
    I don't know if they are more clear cut. The court respected that FFA has the right to protect the integrity of its own football competition in the case of GCU. I don't see how this situation is any different. How is "Freedom of Speech" any more serious than the circus that is currently going on?

I think in these situations, the participation agreement is stacked in the FFA's favour, precisely because they have tv rights obligations and have an ethical requirement to keep the competition fair and honest. It's in no one's interest for a team to tank like this.

Tinkler is a bully. You don't give in to bullies. If you do, he'll just leverage the power you've given him to extract more pain. Bullies also end up finding out they've got no ground to stand on when they are stood up to.

He can scheme all he wants in the background but it seems when all his scheming is brought before the law he gets smashed.
    100% agree haus.

If the FFA take back the licence, there will be no down time. Even if it is challenged by Tinkler, the courts will allow them to run things as the owner of the competition and as well as being the owner of the licence.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post

FFa have enough ammo now and as suggested by others would have priority.

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Wouldn't be Andy Roberts by any chance?
    I think the majority of supporters want the whole place cleaned out and start afresh with new management and coaching staff.
    We need good football people with smarts and passion like Roberts and David Eland to take up roles in the new era.
    What makes you say that?

FFa have enough ammo now and as suggested by others would have priority.
    They may have ammo, but if it winds up in the courts they FFA won't take control of the club until the court hands down a favourable finding. Who knows how long that could drag on for.

@SocStoppageTime: Stealth and #SST will tomorrow reveal which A-League Club is days away from finalising a partnership agreement with a Premier League team
    EPL or SPL?

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    EPL or SPL?
    Indian.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    EPL or SPL?
    Knowing us we will probably signing up with a NPL side in an alliance

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    They may have ammo, but if it winds up in the courts they FFA won't take control of the club until the court hands down a favourable finding. Who knows how long that could drag on for.
    when have they ever dragged out a court case in aleague stopping a team from playing?

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Knowing us we will probably signing up with a NPL side in an alliance
    We haven't already with Magic?
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

when have they ever dragged out a court case in aleague stopping a team from playing?
    Not saying they will stop us playing, that's not going to happen, but until any case is resolved Tinkler will be in charge.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Not saying they will stop us playing, that's not going to happen, but until any case is resolved Tinkler will be in charge.
    Precisely right.

FFA Strip licence from Tinkler
    Tinkler takes out an injunction to stop it happening
    Tinkler can then continue his scorched earth policy as he will still be in charge.

Tinkler is free to do this until the court says otherwise or the FFA and him reach an agreement to drop court action.