Page 55 of 105 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 2085

Thread: Insert Name Here aka The Ownership Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Anyone else notice the conveniently located Harvey Norman signs behind the goals on Friday?
    Coincidence, I think not.
    They sponsor Friday night Football.....as such, it is a coincidence that our first game was a Friday night.

Banner appearing at Dundee Uniteds Scottish Cup match today.......You lads get a mention !!!

Sunshine, 30degrees, sandy beaches, over Dundee?

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Sunshine, 30degrees, sandy beaches, over Dundee?
    Can get all 3 in Dundee !!!

No the noo tho !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Menzieshill_Arab View Post
    Can get all 3 in Dundee !!!

No the noo tho !!!
    Not in the winter as well.

Fresh of the printer.

End of season clean out, Laurie Daily to replace Stubbins, Chris Lees to be bought in for fitness and conditioning and Billy Slater to be our Marquee Fullback.

Ok down to the real speculation.
    If Tinks is serious about staying and talking of a consortium and Thompson wants into Australia what do you think the chances of the 2 coming together?
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

If Tinks is serious about staying and talking of a consortium and Thompson wants into Australia what do you think the chances of the 2 coming together?
    Probably the most sensible suggestion of all in a normal business environment....but how would Tinks go about it? Can anybody work WITH him?

Just ask the poor bastards that have tried in the past, Thompson sounds like a smart operator, can't see him being stupid enough to jump into bed with Tinkler, nor would anyone else with any brains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

Is it just me or have the FFA been pretty quiet on the whole situation, I know the Aleague boss has said it is in the right direction but they haven't said that he has satisfied the FFA and will keep his license. Also is murphy's start date the day after the show cause period????

Maybe I'm just wishful thinking but find it strange they haven't said anything after he paid is debts

Quote Originally Posted by LiverJet View Post
    Is it just me or have the FFA been pretty quiet on the whole situation, I know the Aleague boss has said it is in the right direction but they haven't said that he has satisfied the FFA and will keep his license. Also is murphy's start date the day after the show cause period????

Maybe I'm just wishful thinking but find it strange they haven't said anything after he paid is debts
    I too am hoping they are just playing the game and waiting out the show cause period before starting legal action to take the licence.We can only hope.

Nah surely the FFA are sweet with big Tinks now.
    Reminds me of the end of Grand Torino.

Banned
    The scary thing is he could actually do enough to keep the club. That happens and heart break will be immense for the fans.

How that manager with a 6% win ratio has a job defies belief.

If Tinks is serious he has to show some intent by removing this imposter and opening the wallet to actually get us a top manager.

The only 3 I see as being suitable are Ange Arnold or Merrick. The first two he will have to pay through the nose to get the 3rd might be a possibility.

Other than that we are looking for a foreigner which is risky. A rookie coach is not the answer for a club with problems like ours

Anyone says Mike Mulvey has NFI. The bloke got the sack for losing his players. We have been there two many times for another arrogant bloke running the show

Quote Originally Posted by LiverJet View Post

FFA have folded like a cheap suit. weak as P*ss

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    The only 3 I see as being suitable are Ange Arnold or Merrick. The first two he will have to pay through the nose to get the 3rd might be a possibility.
    Wow, i've seen some things typed on this forum that defy belief but this must be the most clueless thing i've ever read!

On what plane of existence do you think those 2 would quit their jobs to come here? Even if Tinks opened the wallet and gave them $100 million to spend on whatever they wanted?

Merrick seems a sensible option but unless we go scouting overseas for an experienced coach after a nice comfy place to live for a few years we will be stuck with either Tubbs or someone of similar experience/coaching ability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Wow, i've seen some things typed on this forum that defy belief but this must be the most clueless thing i've ever read!

On what plane of existence do you think those 2 would quit their jobs to come here? Even if Tinks opened the wallet and gave them $100 million to spend on whatever they wanted?

Merrick seems a sensible option but unless we go scouting overseas for an experienced coach after a nice comfy place to live for a few years we will be stuck with either Tubbs or someone of similar experience/coaching ability.
    I doubt we would get either of them even if Tinks spread the wealth.

Ange is not gonna leave the NT setup at present. He will want to see the job through to Russia. If he does and gets us there his value will go up for his next appointment whether in Australia or overseas. Besides the pay out to get him out of the FFA Contract his wages presently would be high anyway and although a man capable of doing the job whether he would want it I doubt. Can dream though

Arnie obviously has only just got to Smurfs after snubbing us. Bloke would be useful though at turning us around. Doubt he would come here though as if he wouldn't come when off contract we ain't gonna get him to break contract now. Am still dreaming

Merrick though may be a goer. Moving back to Oz should appeal and the bloke has a history of winning at this level. Nix may be able to be bought off though

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post

Again, the Herald reported Rickie Herbert was interested in the job.
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Hi all, new to the forum but would love to see Ricky Herbert , or at least someone that we can believe has any kind of foreseeable plan for the direction of the team. Stubbins was always a cheap alternative and now we are paying the cost for this decision.
    Tinks sell the club, as surely not many would be willing to sign on here knowing the big fellas history of paying his bills.

Quote Originally Posted by The Northern Defender View Post
    Hi all, new to the forum but would love to see Ricky Herbert , or at least someone that we can believe has any kind of foreseeable plan for the direction of the team. Stubbins was always a cheap alternative and now we are paying the cost for this decision.
    Tinks sell the club, as surely not many would be willing to sign on here knowing the big fellas history of paying his bills.
    Welcome. Look forward to your contributions.

I agree that people would be reluctant to sign on because lets face it, Tinks has history. Besides paying overs for players as Furns mentioned in another thread, an experienced coach is certainly how we can attract players. Players won't necessarily be falling over themselves to come play for Stubbins
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Welcome. Look forward to your contributions.

I agree that people would be reluctant to sign on because lets face it, Tinks has history. Besides paying overs for players as Furns mentioned in another thread, an experienced coach is certainly how we can attract players. Players won't necessarily be falling over themselves to come play for Stubbins
    +1

Things have gone quiet since tinkler paid up that cash on Friday. Hopefully that doesn't mean the ffa were caught out with him paying up that quickly. Gallop might be keeping his cards close to his chest and waiting for the show cause period date