Page 56 of 105 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 2085

Thread: Insert Name Here aka The Ownership Thread

Quote Originally Posted by R Ramjet View Post
    Gallop might be keeping his cards close to his chest and waiting for the show cause period date
    i wish but doubt

Quote Originally Posted by The Northern Defender View Post
    Hi all, new to the forum but would love to see Ricky Herbert , or at least someone that we can believe has any kind of foreseeable plan for the direction of the team. Stubbins was always a cheap alternative and now we are paying the cost for this decision.
    Tinks sell the club, as surely not many would be willing to sign on here knowing the big fellas history of paying his bills.
    +2, but make sure you grab a grain of salt to take all the posts here with.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football...%20-%20Tinkler yet to %E2%80%99fully satisfy%E2%80%99 FFA concerns

A bit mor from FFA

To me this looks like Frank working Tinks over big time.
    Tinks has form for leaving big debts behind (knights)so the FFA make him pay everything off to keep the license, but then still take it off him for one of the non-financial reasons that will be in the agreement.
    From memory Palmer never had any financial problems with the gold coast, just the whole alternative FFA thing and free speech..

Quote Originally Posted by LiverJet View Post
    http://www.foxsports.com.au/football...%20-%20Tinkler yet to %E2%80%99fully satisfy%E2%80%99 FFA concerns

A bit mor from FFA
    Tinks. Full of Rugby League comparisons and analogies. What a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    Tinks has form for leaving big debts behind (knights)so the FFA make him pay everything off to keep the license, but then still take it off him for one of the non-financial reasons that will be in the agreement.
    From memory Palmer never had any financial problems with the gold coast, just the whole alternative FFA thing and free speech..
    To be fair to Palmer, he does not have a history of not paying day to day creditors like Tinkler has.

Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    I hope they do have a plan like you suggest and I think that everyone does. Just bring it on so we can get our team back!
    FWIW- I think the FFA do have a plan and are just going about things the smart way.

Banned
    SACKED goalkeeping coach Neil Young said on Tuesday that he was still chasing Newcastle Jets officials for severance pay five days after signing his termination forms.

Young, assistant coach Clayton Zane and head trainer Andrew Packer were dismissed two weeks ago by Jets owner Nathan Tinkler.

Senior players Kew Jaliens, Joel Griffiths, David Carney, Adrian Madaschi and Billy Celeski were also shown the door.

Unlike the players, the discarded coaching staff do not have Professional Footballers Australia in their corner fighting for their entitlements.

Young, who moved from Perth to accept his position with Newcastle in the pre-season, said he had returned to the West Australian capital last week to start looking for a new job.

Before leaving, he signed termination documents, as requested by Jets management, and was told he would be paid six weeks' wages and eight months' superannuation within 24 hours.

He contacted the Newcastle Herald on Tuesday to say he had received "not a cent" and that a club official had not replied to phone calls and texts.

"All I want is what I'm owed," Young said. "This has left me in the lurch.

"Basically six weeks' wages is what they owe me, plus my super. It's not a lot of money, but I just want what I'm entitled to so I can get on with my life.

See your ad here
    "Give me what I'm owed and I'll walk away."

Young said he had to break a lease when he vacated his Newcastle flat.

"That meant paying six weeks' rent, up front, so basically I've had to beg my landlord not to charge me that until I get paid," he said.

A Jets spokesman confirmed on Tuesday afternoon that Young's payout had not been settled but contacted the Herald later to say a payment had been "forwarded" to his bank account before the close of business.

Young contacted the Herald again at 6.30pm to say he had not received the money.

The Herald understands Packer also signed his termination papers last week and was still waiting for his payout on Tuesday.

The club spokesman said Packer's severance would be finalised "if not tomorrow, in the pay cycle, which is the 15th as per all other staff".

Zane, who was Newcastle's interim head coach for 12 games last year before Phil Stubbins arrived, appears to be facing a more problematic scenario.

Tinkler initially told Zane he would receive four weeks' severance pay, apparently unaware he still had 12 months to run on his contract.

Zane is understood to have received legal advice and is considering his options.

The five players Tinkler dismissed continue to train with the club, but in segregation, after refusing, on the advice of PFA, to sign the termination deals offered.

A PFA spokesman said on Tuesday that, unless the players agreed to termination deals in the interim, they would expect to be paid their monthly wages this week, along with the rest of their teammates.

Football Federation Australia issued a statement on Tuesday insisting that paying the unwanted players and staff should be a "priority" for Tinkler, who is believed to be travelling between Singapore and New York this week.

"The payment of some significant debts and the appointment of a CEO were steps in the right direction in relation to the formal notice given to the Hunter Sports Group, but much more needs to be done," an FFA spokesperson said.

"The financial state of the Newcastle Jets is not yet in a position to fully satisfy FFA's concerns about stability and sustainability.

"Nathan Tinkler has acknowledged the situation and given FFA assurances.

"He has been given a short period of time to address the financial and operational issues, which are important steps towards rebuilding trust with the football community of the region".

In an interview on The World Game website on Tuesday, Tinkler said: "As far as the club is concerned, none of those players will be coming back.

"They have refused to sign their mutual terminations, and that just illustrates my point at what a disturbance they have been to the club.

"They don't want to leave. They just want as much media attention as they can get.

"I have simply told Phil to make a little naughty corner at training and give them a sandpit and a little ladder, or something, to play on over in the corner of the ground.

"They can come to training and play over there."
    Not so good news for Youngy but good news for those that wish to see Tinkler Out

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Not so good news for Youngy but good news for those that wish to see Tinkler Out
    Poor bloke nearly died playing for our club and this is how he is treated.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

****ing ridiculous and id go along the lines to say he was doing a fair decent job with bk at least

also did wonders with vukovic and duncan

shits ****ed
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Poor bloke nearly died playing for our club and this is how he is treated.
    Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    ****ing ridiculous and id go along the lines to say he was doing a fair decent job with bk at least

also did wonders with vukovic and duncan

shits ****ed
    Yep, this is just fvcked.. What a joke..

I'd just like to point out, again, that when Matt Thompson and Nick Carle were isolated from training with Sydney FC that the PFA acted immediately, and gave Sydney 24 hours to fix it.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/s...211-32f4o.html

The players' union has criticised Sydney FC after reports surfaced that Nick Carle and Matt Thompson had been isolated from training with their teammates.

It is understood the pair have been dismissed from regular training after they disobeyed tactical instructions from Frank Farina and Rado Vidosic when introduced as substitutes at half-time in Sydney's 3-0 loss to Adelaide on Saturday.

Professional Footballers Australia general manager Adam Vivan said he wanted to maintain the players' rights.

"We have a CBA that the clubs must comply with," Vivian said.

"The actions of Sydney FC in excluding Nick and Matt from training are not in accordance with the CBA. If the situation is not remedied within 24 hours, we will take the necessary legal steps.

"Unfortunately this is not the first time this season where the PFA has been forced to intervene in this type of situation.

"This calls into question the behavior of some clubs and undermines a competition that is based on respect for contracts and a commitment to player wellbeing."
    Just another example of the CBA being ignored/violated by Tinkler and Stubbins, and just another example of other clubs getting treatment different to how our club usually does.
    OK

Like blackmac said.. Young nearly died for us, literally.

He was reportedly assured he'd get paid within 24 hours and this has just dragged on - it's not good enough.

I'm interested to see where this Zane thing heads. I'm backing Clayton fully here.
    OK

"They can come to training and play over there."

if i were based in newy, I'd be chucking a sickie, grabbing my boots and going down to training to train with griff, kew, carney, madaschi and billy.

grab some mates, go play some five-a-side with these guys who stood up for newy.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I'd just like to point out, again, that when Matt Thompson and Nick Carle were isolated from training with Sydney FC that the PFA acted immediately, and gave Sydney 24 hours to fix it.

Just another example of the CBA being ignored/violated by Tinkler and Stubbins, and just another example of other clubs getting treatment different to how our club usually does.
    more or less the story with all things in this league. the big guys get the preferential treatment and the little guys (us, phoenix, gypos) get treated like aids.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    more or less the story with all things in this league. the big guys get the preferential treatment and the little guys (us, phoenix, gypos) get treated like aids.
    Thinking about it, how many times in our history have we had players isolated from training? Off the top of my head:
    - The five players now
    - Taylor Regan
    - Kasey Wehrman
    - Antun Kovacic
    - I'm drawing mindblanks and feel there are really obvious ones I'm not thinking of..
    OK

Thinking about it, how many times in our history have we had players isolated from training? Off the top of my head:
    - The five players now
    - Taylor Regan
    - Kasey Wehrman
    - Antun Kovacic
    - I'm drawing mindblanks and feel there are really obvious ones I'm not thinking of..
    Tiago? Was Jobe ever isolated?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

I hate how tinkler keeps making out he is a hero for paying the 500k last week and finding a ceo. He also talks like he has just come on board as if he is a saviour to the club and its fans. How long has he owned the club ? As the owner of the club the buck always stops with him no matter how interested he used to be. He is only paying outstanding debts that would have been known ongoing costs so there should be no reason not to pay them on time. Would he even have made an attempt to pay these debts if the FFA didn't get involved. He has only fixed (and is still fixing) problems that should not have been problems in the first place. What about the future of the club and making sure all payments are paid on time from now on. What about not having the brains to realise stubbins is not up to a-league level as a coach and keeps saying the same old dumb things whenever a microphone is put in front of him. Can anyone honestly say they could imagine the Jets becoming a success on the field, things running smoothly and productively off the field, the team engaging with the community and attracting new supporters who will be proud to be part of the club and being in the papers for the right reasons instead of the circus we are now known as. I realise nothing is always perfect in running a club and there is always problems that pop up but tinkler is always making problems and creating issues where ever he goes theses days. Please FFA see the bigger picture and get rid of him as he just attracts bad news and always will. Free us of tinkler and his new bestie stubbins who is out of his depth and has no idea. Tinkler can spin as much crap as he wants but the club will never MOVE FORWARD with him as the owner

Quote Originally Posted by R Ramjet View Post
    I hate how tinkler keeps making out he is a hero for paying the 500k last week and finding a ceo. He also talks like he has just come on board as if he is a saviour to the club and its fans. How long has he owned the club ? As the owner of the club the buck always stops with him no matter how interested he used to be. He is only paying outstanding debts that would have been known ongoing costs so there should be no reason not to pay them on time. Would he even have made an attempt to pay these debts if the FFA didn't get involved. He has only fixed (and is still fixing) problems that should not have been problems in the first place. What about the future of the club and making sure all payments are paid on time from now on. What about not having the brains to realise stubbins is not up to a-league level as a coach and keeps saying the same old dumb things whenever a microphone is put in front of him. Can anyone honestly say they could imagine the Jets becoming a success on the field, things running smoothly and productively off the field, the team engaging with the community and attracting new supporters who will be proud to be part of the club and being in the papers for the right reasons instead of the circus we are now known as. I realise nothing is always perfect in running a club and there is always problems that pop up but tinkler is always making problems and creating issues where ever he goes theses days. Please FFA see the bigger picture and get rid of him as he just attracts bad news and always will. Free us of tinkler and his new bestie stubbins who is out of his depth and has no idea. Tinkler can spin as much crap as he wants but the club will never MOVE FORWARD with him as the owner
    ^ well said
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Banned

Exactly what are those tossers at the PFA doing??

**** all.

Their reps have been victimised and they are bending over and taking it up the arse.
    **** trying to get the boys their payout get them their ****ing jobs back you useless ****s.

Only ever here from the ****s when they want to suck more money out of the game for their overpaid hacks..