Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HAL 17/18 Round 16 - absolutely No Derbys round.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    I am not watching... is the tackle as bad as everyone on social media is making out?
    Y.

Shocker.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Bad...but not as bad as Peppers.

Speedy noting City 13 pts from Smurfs. No mention of us in the middle of course.
    we are the ninja team. you never see us until we take you out. sometimes not even then.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    I am not watching... is the tackle as bad as everyone on social media is making out?
    nah, social media is its usual measured and rational self.

theres a 1000 of them a week. fair red. Okon yelling out "ITS CRIMINAL" was a wee bit much tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

It was a pretty rough challenge but he went in hard/late as opposed to high. Okon was yelling out “THAT’S CRIMINAL!!” from the sideline right in the refs ear. Settle down Paul. The fact the ref wanted to chat to his AR first makes me wonder whether he was 50-50 about which colour to give. Granted I only saw the replay once or twice.

Citeh caaaarrrrnnnnnnnnn
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    we are the ninja team. you never see us until we take you out. sometimes not even then.
    Or Under the Radar..

I put $50 on $ity so **** the Mariners and the ladder. We’re good enough to hold 2nd without the help of other teams. Come on $$! Great finish Ross!

Golec gonna get a red too by the end of this
    Seems like I am WRONG

Arzani already has a bit of a rep for going to ground easily but the kid is skillful and very talented. I hope Golec gets sent. He’s done nothing but take shots at him all first half.

"Pirate Day"....give me strength.

And looks like Hoole has lost his set piece job.

The wind is helping the scum and I’m watching my 50 fly away in the breeze! City will probably rely on counter attacks now and they take Arzani off... interesting move.

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    Arzani already has a bit of a rep for going to ground easily but the kid is skillful and very talented. I hope Golec gets sent. He’s done nothing but take shots at him all first half.

Don't see the big deal really. As long as Golec is not diving in with leg breakers it is up to Arzani to deal with it. I would expect nothing less from one of our players doing a Golec and muscling over any opponent with the potential to tear us apart. Part of the game and lets face it Arzani done himself and his reputation no favors falling over in the breeze to get that pen against Perth from memory.
    Last edited by 380; 14-01-2018 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Don't see the big deal really. As long as Golec is not diving in with leg breakers it is up to Arzani to deal with it. I would expect nothing less from one of our players doing a Golec and muscling over any opponent with the potential to tear us apart. Part of the game
    hey man, Dino Djulbic and Ogdenovski made careers out it. and for sure, if you want to look like a complete mong in order to cash those cheques then i aint hating.

what it usually does though it earn you way more cards and fouls than you deserve because refs seem to look down on that clown show shit as well.

you dont have to be a well 'ard man in order to be a great defender. give me Topor and Ljubos on field attitude any day over these dopes.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Don't see the big deal really. As long as Golec is not diving in with leg breakers it is up to Arzani to deal with it. I would expect nothing less from one of our players doing a Golec and muscling over any opponent with the potential to tear us apart. Part of the game and lets face it Arzani done himself and his reputation no favors falling over in the breeze to get that pen against Perth from memory.
    I’m not saying he can’t touch him, but it’s the stuff like winning a header and putting the shoulder into the kids chest at the same time. It’s unnecessary and the same attitude that sees players like Rodriguez and co. rubbed out of the Aussie game before they get a chance to shine. Maybe I’m naive and it’s a part of the game but it’s not a part I’m particularly a fan of.

Agree its part of the game. Getting to the stage where any contact is banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Agree its part of the game. Getting to the stage where any contact is banned.
    So you’re ok if Rodriguez ends up out for a few games because Pepper’s a hack and couldn’t do anything but take him out?

I have no problem with a hard challenge that has collateral damage. Studs up no, from behind no...but if the challenge is hard and takes the ball, fine by me.

I already noted Peppers was a deserved red...studs up.

You can't compare Pepper's two footed lunge to Golec just throwing some weight around. I didn't see Golec do anything that could potentially break a leg or ankle whereas Peppers action had potential disaster written all over it.
    Golec when he got that yellow pretty much just ran through the bloke had a word on the run and reminded the city's Arzani he is a pissweak diving prick.