Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: Attractive Females

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    734

    Attractive Females

    Anyone watch the Kyrgios match last night?

  2. #2
    Senior Member Bon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    3,241
    I see what you did there... Well played..

    Yeah, I watched parts of it.. He was frothing up about copping a few foot faults at one stage..
    I was switching between that and watching us lose to the Poms in the cricket..

  3. #3
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,132
    I KNEW this was going to be about tennis. Ha ha ha
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    734
    Yeah that was interesting, from what Courier was saying the foot faults were 100% legit and he should be getting called more often. Probably will see the footage later and realise he might need to tweak his position. Jeez he was throwing down bombs though. 200 km/h second serve aces on the reg.

    For a bloke that seemed like he was losing it for half the match, going off at his box for not getting up and clapping when he lost a point, he held it together very well. Dimitrov won ONE point more than him over the course of the match and yet walked out 3 sets to 1 winner. Super tight game.

    That overhead he missed near the end was a real heart breaker.

    Seems like he's turned a bit of a corner and found some motivation to push himself again - I think hes a chance of winning a couple slams if he keeps at it.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,641
    how's blokes panning him for taking the #3 in the world to within a point ffs

    great tennis, sickening beat as well, i love it

    plays on the absolute limit, pure tilt at all times

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,532
    Tuned out of tennis for a while there. Have a look and need to scroll to find Murray and Djokovic on the world rankings. Wow. Few injuries there isn’t there?

    Anyway. If you show some fight, some talent and don’t snub the public Australia will get behind you.
    Just have a go.
    Credit to him. From his interviews and media dealings he has been well spoken and it’s been received well.

    Remember last year the media flogged them for being rude and delinquents. Then turn around and advertise them in a positive way as “Australian bad boys take on the world” as a promo. Can’t get my head around that.

    Anyway. He’s a gun player. There’s a few players in the world that are cursing themselves that they are playing in a generation of Nadal, Djokovic and Federer.

  7. #7
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,735
    Man people not giving Dimitrov the props he deserves either.

    Kyrgios was great, and really only had two bad misses on crucial points.

    Bit Dimitrov was better, and that’s no shade to Krygios.

    Hope he gets Rafa in the semi, he has a good record and is peaking.

    Seems like a thoroughly good bloke too (as I also think Krygios is).

  8. #8
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,735
    Also: 5 Star thread title Macca.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    734
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Man people not giving Dimitrov the props he deserves either.

    Kyrgios was great, and really only had two bad misses on crucial points.

    Bit Dimitrov was better, and that’s no shade to Krygios.

    Hope he gets Rafa in the semi, he has a good record and is peaking.

    Seems like a thoroughly good bloke too (as I also think Krygios is).
    Not really a surprise that most commentary is focused on Kyrgios - Australian players obvs but also, all other things being equal I would guess that attention usually goes to the "dominant" player. Dimitrov played a great game last night, but the match was on Nick's racquet. Dimitrov played some great defense to first of all return as many of the serves as he did, but also scrambling around forcing Nick to play extra shots. And to be honest, aside from the tie breakers, he probably got outplayed (not by much), but credit to him for holding firm in the clutch moments. Not taking anything away from him either, it was a great game by both players and Dimitrov certainly played some fantastic shots of his own.

    I haven't seen Rafa this tournament yet but I doubt Dimitrov has enough to take him out if Rafa is playing decently. I feel that to beat him you really have to just blow him out of the water with winners, you're not gonna out rally him all game long, and I'm not sure Dimitrov has the fire power. But if he plays as well as last night or better it will definitely be interesting seeing if I'm right or not - he could go close.

  10. #10
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,735
    Yeah sorry I was thinking the wrong thing Nadal owns Dimitrov.

    See, told you blokes that stats are everything.

  11. #11
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    14,697
    ****ing disgrace

    Should really be having two threads going on the attractive females

    **** discussing the actual game
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    17,380
    Great to see the spinct get put out. Yes, he was on his fraudulent best behavior.

    oh waiting for Qmoneys outraged nazi, snowkflake claims because one of his aids men have been smashed.

  13. #13
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,735
    One thing I def don’t mind about Krygios is the way he treats his ‘entourage’.

    At least he’s well aware of the fact that every single one of those freeloaders in those good seats are there because of his work.

    I’d be telling those bitches to bark like dogs if it made me feel better.

    and if any one of them had any self respect or ability to go it alone without leeching of Krygios they would not have danced like monkeys when he told them to.

    Alas, he said jump they said how high. It’s good to be the King.

    Geez even the brother stopped wearing the Sportsbet shirts. Someone’s obviously had a word.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    17,380
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Geez even the brother stopped wearing the Sportsbet shirts. Someone’s obviously had a word.
    That sportsbet shirt was nothin bad compared to the heckler.

  15. #15
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,735
    i remember being in Germany for the World Cup in '06 and we were talking about how amazing it was to have Tom Brady, Tiger Woods and Roger Federer playing and dominating all at the same time.

    and here we are almost 12 years later and 2 of the three are still ****ing there.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Brügglifeld's Terraces, Switzerland
    Posts
    1,415
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    i remember being in Germany for the World Cup in '06 and we were talking about how amazing it was to have Tom Brady, Tiger Woods and Roger Federer playing and dominating all at the same time.

    and here we are almost 12 years later and 2 of the three are still ****ing there.
    Federer today 5-2 down in first set. then boom...
    Amigos Aarau

  17. #17
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,132
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    i remember being in Germany for the World Cup in '06 and we were talking about how amazing it was to have Tom Brady, Tiger Woods and Roger Federer playing and dominating all at the same time.

    and here we are almost 12 years later and 2 of the three are still ****ing there.
    Tiger's still likely dominating, just not at the game you were referring to at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    734
    Quote Originally Posted by goaliepersempre View Post
    Federer today 5-2 down in first set. then boom...
    Legend. Once he turned it on he was unstoppable.

    How fkn good was his challenge when he called the ball out mid rally and then asked the linesman how he'd missed the call. Hawkeye then comes up and shows the ball out by 1mm.

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,287
    Has anyone noticed how very little is said about the Kyrgios game - instead it's always about his personality. Even the commentators, regardless of their playing pedigree are pretty much mute when it comes to the mechanics of Kyrgios' game.

    I'm a massive fan of the bloke but he has two major issues with his game and one minor one - that need to be fixed.

    1. He cannot volley. His first volley is absolutely woeful - and if anything is getting worse rather than improving.
    2. He's not a natural athlete and his footwork at times is terrible. His fitness and speed around the court are great - but his balance is something that really needs work.
    3. And this is the minor one - he can't hit an overhead to save his life. You can see the fear in his eyes whenever a lob goes up - and given the option he will always let a ball bounce first. Not good. He needs to shorten his action - rather than loop it out like his serve.

    The reason Federer is so good is that even though his service is shit compared to what it was ten years ago [it's still good compared to most players though]- he has perfect footwork and balance. It's absolutely incredible to watch and apart from Laver, Borg, and Rosewall I don't think I have seen anyone else even remotely comparable in that aspect of the game.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 25-01-2018 at 11:13 AM.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    734
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Has anyone noticed how very little is said about the Kyrgios game - instead it's always about his personality. Even the commentators, regardless of their playing pedigree are pretty much mute when it comes to the mechanics of Kyrgios' game.

    I'm a massive fan of the bloke but he has two major issues with his game and one minor one - that need to be fixed.

    1. He cannot volley. His first volley is absolutely woeful - and if anything is getting worse rather than improving.
    2. He's not a natural athlete and his footwork at times is terrible. His fitness and speed around the court are great - but his balance is something that really needs work.
    3. And this is the minor one - he can't hit an overhead to save his life. You can see the fear in his eyes whenever a lob goes up - and given the option he will always let a ball bounce first. Not good. He needs to shorten his action - rather than loop it out like his serve.

    The reason Federer is so good is that even though his service is shit compared to what it was ten years ago [it's still good compared to most players though]- he has perfect footwork and balance. It's absolutely incredible to watch and apart from Laver, Borg, and Rosewall I don't think I have seen anyone else even remotely comparable in that aspect of the game.
    Was awaiting your entrance to the thread.

    1. Agree, volleying is poor. Somewhat surprising for a guy with such good feel and the ability to improvise shots. He could earn a lot more cheap points by just being able to finish a point off when he's given an easy volley.
    2. My cousin used to play him in juniors and said he was always a chubby kid. It wouldn't surprise me as well if he has not needed to work on footwork as much due to his ability to improvise shots when in poor positions.
    3. Case in point the overhead against Dimitrov, it really felt like putting that simple one away would have won him that set if not the match.

    Is Fed's serving poor now? I was under the impression it had improved. Maybe he has lost the mental edge since he no longer has the air of invincibility and cannot be as confident as he once was.. Not sure on this one.

    He really does move superbly. His defense isn't at peak Novak/Nadal/Ferrer level but its still very very good, and really won him the match last night. Unbelievable that he can outdo much younger opponents in that regard still.
    I also wonder if his longevity has to do with his good movement and balance, and is why he still seems relatively fine at 36 compared to younger rivals whose bodies are falling apart.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •