Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Sydney Wanderers

Who ever said it should be banned from football for life

Don't forget that a fan here in Adelaide copped a 1 year ban for racially abusing a player... if a player has done the same, shouldn't they have the same (if not more) level of accountability?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Don't forget that a fan here in Adelaide copped a 1 year ban for racially abusing a player... if a player has done the same, shouldn't they have the same (if not more) level of accountability?

Don't hold your breath. Sentences for players are usually soft

The FFA will be spitting chips about this whole matter though. Stealing the headlines for all the wrong reasons so may come down harsh to set a precedent/deterrent

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    What exactly was the "public reaction"?
    People claiming abbas's actions was poor sportmasnship, he should walk away, and his comments in the interview were uncalled for. On twitter He's been called a violent thug and a litany of racist terms all because he he stood up to some racist comment. His physical reaction/retaliation might not have been as cool calm and collected as he would have liked, or as hawk pointed out, as controlled as Adam goodes, but some dimwits appear to think his reaction has taking all responsibility of santalab (allegedly) and that Abbas is the only problem.
    Last edited by GazFish35; 09-03-2014 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    People claiming abbas's actions was poor sportmasnship, he should walk away, and his comments in the interview were uncalled for. On twitter He's been called a violent thug and a litany of racist terms all because he he stood up to some racist comment. His physical reaction/retaliation might not have been as cool calm and collected as he would have liked, or as hawk pointed out, as controlled as Adam goodes, but some dimwits appear to think his reaction has taking all responsibility of santalab (allegedly) and that Abbas is the only problem.

I'd argue Goodes calmer reaction would have been helped by his abuser being a teenage girl in the crowd , its not like he's going to vault the first few rows and punch on with a 13 yr old girl, at least I hope not.

It would be quite different if it had been an opposition player, a grown man who should know better.
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

No argument here!

Before we crucify Abbas, it would depend on what (I assume) Santalab said. If Santalab did say something hugely offensive, would you expect Abbas not to blow up? I wouldn't.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

I suggest we wait until it all comes out in the water. There's no point making judgement until we know all the facts.
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

It's what the FFA do.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Before we crucify Abbas, it would depend on what (I assume) Santalab said. If Santalab did say something hugely offensive, would you expect Abbas not to blow up? I wouldn't.
    Thought Slater's view on Shootout tonight were poor, more or less saying if the perpetrator just apologises behind closed doors to Abbas that that would be the ideal outcome. Agree with Thomas477, for all we know the offensive comment may have been directed at Ali's mother or sister...now if that was the case it's no wonder he was so irate.

Remember a few years back (season 2 or 3 of the HAL) when Musialik was given a 4 match (?) ban for calling Vargas a "monkey", will be interesting to see how this one unfolds!

Banned
    Generally speaking the whole situation is a sorry affair.

The bloke who has allegedly said something is gonna have a hard time justifying his actions when a large percentage of his teams support is from same/similar cultural and religious backgrounds as Abbas is

Other thing although Abbas reaction to be upset is also understandable the way he responded just gives a form of validation to the people who say these types of things whether that be on the sporting field or in the general community. ie the remarks are designed to hurt and upset and get a response and the alleged racist has got the reaction.

Making an issue of it is one thing but I would have thought not letting anyone see the true effects via rage/anger would be a way the victim would gain as much/not lose as much from the whole experience

On another note, is anyone else loving the current downturn in the fortunes of the WSW and RBB?

The way their fans were carrying on earlier in the season it was like we were seeing the start of a new Thousand-Year Reich.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    On another note, is anyone else loving the current downturn in the fortunes of the WSW and RBB?

The way their fans were carrying on earlier in the season it was like we were seeing the start of a new Thousand-Year Reich.
    Loving every minute of it.

Almost taking as much delight in them self destructing as I did the Miracle of Brisbane

Looking forward to Ali Abbas: 2015 Australian of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post

While I think they were getting too big for their boots, the whole racial comments and silent protest is something the wanderers and the league could really do without.

Our league is growing. Our average crowd numbers growing. We out performed the first weekend of the league on Saturday night! Maintaining this positive momentum is important. I'm concerned the type if thing we are seeing may derail it.

I think we need all clubs to be successful in some degree for the good of the league and the further expansion of the game.
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Banned
    8u7aturu.jpg

Can't get the thing any bigger.

Click on it and it comes up a decent size.

What a noob

Surely a piss take?

That can't be serious.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    8u7aturu.jpg

Can't get the thing any bigger.

Click on it and it comes up a decent size.

What a noob
    Need a new thread:- WSWankerers - lolz go in here

I reckon it's serious. Dumb as dogsh!t.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    While I think they were getting too big for their boots, the whole racial comments and silent protest is something the wanderers and the league could really do without.

Our league is growing. Our average crowd numbers growing. We out performed the first weekend of the league on Saturday night! Maintaining this positive momentum is important. I'm concerned the type if thing we are seeing may derail it.

I think we need all clubs to be successful in some degree for the good of the league and the further expansion of the game.
    I don't think they care too much. Football didn't exist before they came along.