Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Sydney Wanderers

tarek for captain?

Heard on a couple of twitter posts that Labi is expected to be signed/announced later in the week. Hope so nice kid, needs a good home.

Best part about Jets players going to WSW is that I haven't learned to hate then yet.

kit and jacket are mint, they'll sell a bucketload. if only the jerrences would listen and give the people what they want

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    kit and jacket are mint, they'll sell a bucketload. if only the jerrences would listen and give the people what they want
    E&C for the 35yr anniversary for the formation of KB, everyone wants it
    Jets-E&C.jpg

I think the best possible away kit for next season would be the pico-designed white, e&c chest height horizontal stripe, with the gold trimming, gold shorts, white socks. it's basically the grand final winning kit, but with e&c in it. gives heritage feel to the kit for kb, plus commemorates 5 years since grand final win.

Quote Originally Posted by Pico View Post
    E&C for the 35yr anniversary for the formation of KB, everyone wants it
    Jets-E&C.jpg
    would buy 3 of these without question!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Ronaldinho says **** YOU.

Attachment 5
    Bee, Bee, Bumble Bee,
    Won't my mommy be so proud of me...

Anyway, just wanted to check if I can post again. All in good spirit. Seeing it on Tarek today in the Herald makes it definitely more pleasing!
    Although I'm not so sure if Tarek himself looks very pleased...

John Tsatsimas is football operations manager.
    Good appointment IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    sfcu has been looking down their noses at WS for weeks now.
    The lols will be massive this season.
    While I agree with some of their shit talking, if I were a SFC fan I'd be pretty worried with where the club is going, they have a huge identity crisis on their hands. Wanderers haven't kicked a ball yet but if I was a potential new fan, or a casual SFC fan who happens to live in Western Sydney, I know there would be only one club I would bother giving my support at this stage.

It's the complete opposite situation of Melbourne when Heart was added into the mix. Victory were coming off the back of two very successful seasons in the A-League, they were the best team in the history of the league at that stage. They had an extremely strong supporter base, and a mix of some exciting foreign players (Hernandez, Angulo, Ricardinho (no one knew he was shit at that point)) as well as quality Australian players (Muscat, Thompson, Leijer, Kruse, Allsopp). Heart came in and made some nifty signings and managed to do some decent promotional work off the pitch, but there was never a contest for who was going to be the dominant team. Most significantly Heart lacked an identity imo, who were they? Who were their fans meant to be? I still ask myself this sometimes, although I think they have slowly started to establish themselves.

Now consider the current situation in Sydney. Sydney FC are coming off the back of two very average seasons, with fairly disappointing crowds to match. Their draw card players are Carle and Emerton, but last season Emerton was almost indistinguishable from any other A-League player in terms of his impact both on and off the pitch. The rest of their team, are ok, but that's the start of their problems, they are meant to have one of the most exciting teams in the league, not a team of Ryall's and McFlynn's. And what is their identity beyond that? They've had no recent success, fairly average support, and no exciting players. In some ways they are the Melbourne Heart of Sydney now.

Ok now I'm getting bored just writing about this, but before I finish I will add (before anyone else says this in response), I do think the new rivalry will be good for both teams, but it looks like one team is going to end up far better off, and if I was a SFC fan I'd be annoyed that my club isn't doing anything about it.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    you weren't the only person that post bored

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    You have come a long way anticoasties

Fuark, that jackets nice, might look at getting one.

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    Your mum seemed to enjoy it...at least the sucking my dick while I was writing it part.

Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Your mum seemed to enjoy it...at least the sucking my dick while I was writing it part.
    Fortunately for parksey, your attempted humour sucks more than you imply his mother does.

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Awwwwwwwwww shhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttt

Quote Originally Posted by steve136 View Post
    Fortunately for parksey, your attempted humour sucks more than you imply his mother does.
    Who are you?

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    my pal steve is right

a poor effort

Missed you guys. Forum V2 off to a reasonable start

Quote Originally Posted by pistolpete View Post
    Missed you guys. Forum V2 off to a reasonable start

more gobbie talk i say

It's the complete opposite situation of Melbourne when Heart was added into the mix. Victory were coming off the back of two very successful seasons in the A-League, they were the best team in the history of the league at that stage. They had an extremely strong supporter base, and a mix of some exciting foreign players (Hernandez, Angulo, Ricardinho (no one knew he was shit at that point)) as well as quality Australian players (Muscat, Thompson, Leijer, Kruse, Allsopp). Heart came in and made some nifty signings and managed to do some decent promotional work off the pitch, but there was never a contest for who was going to be the dominant team. Most significantly Heart lacked an identity imo, who were they? Who were their fans meant to be? I still ask myself this sometimes, although I think they have slowly started to establish themselves.
    rumour mill is saying that heart have found their identity - they're signing ivan ergic & mateja kezman for next season. bring on the serbs!